|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) Meeting Esi.
(d) His career.
2. What happens when Musa Musa is twelve?
(a) He loses a goat and disappears.
(b) He accidentally shoots his brother.
(c) He goes to boarding school.
(d) He breaks his back.
3. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) They are so different from each other.
(b) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
(c) They hated each other when they were children.
(d) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
4. Who is Connie?
(a) Kubi's sister.
(b) Kubi's aunt.
(c) Opokuya's sister.
(d) Opokuya's mother.
5. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To pick up her husband.
(c) Linga Hideaways.
(d) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
2. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
3. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
4. Who watches Esi dress with pleasure?
5. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)