|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her love for Oko.
(b) Her combative spirit.
(c) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(d) Her desire for perfection.
2. What does Esi wonder about concerning children?
(a) She wonders if children would strengthen or weaken her marriage with Ali.
(b) She wonders if Ali will allow her to have children.
(c) How they will have any if Ali is never there.
(d) She wonders if Ali is going to make her have children.
3. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He smashes into Esi's car.
(b) He hits a bicyclist.
(c) Opokuya pulls in.
(d) He slumps over the wheel.
4. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
(b) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(c) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(d) She hears her parents fighting.
5. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) Kubi has not yet arrived.
(b) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(c) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(d) They are waiting for a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
2. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
3. What does Esi do that surprises Oko's mother?
4. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
5. What does Ali's father want Ali to do when meeting Esi's family?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)