|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi say about Fusena?
(a) She hasn't even met her.
(b) She is unhappy in her marriage and is glad Esi is alleviating some of Ali's sexual energy.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She is harsh and rigid.
2. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
(a) Men who cheat.
(b) Single women.
(c) Divorced men.
(d) Women who want their own life even if they are married.
3. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
(a) The role rotates between the woman and man.
(b) The man.
(c) The woman.
(d) No one.
4. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He cannot tell her the reason.
(b) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
(c) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
(d) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
5. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her love for Oko.
(b) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(c) Her desire for perfection.
(d) Her combative spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Opokuya's two eldest children are left in charge of cooking for the holiday?
2. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
3. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
4. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)