|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What visit did Opokuya make that is successful?
(a) To the patient expecting to deliver that evening.
(b) To her mother's.
(d) To Connie.
2. What does Esi do when she hears Ogyaanowa cry?
(a) Shames Oko and Ali into behaving.
(b) Takes Ogyaanowa to her grandmother's home.
(c) Tells her to go outside.
(d) Comes out of the bedroom and takes Ogyaanowa and drives off.
3. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) They are so different from each other.
(b) They hated each other when they were children.
(c) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(d) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
4. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her husband.
(b) To the airport.
(c) Linga Hideaways.
(d) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
5. Why does Ali feel the gift is inappropriate?
(a) She does feel it is an appropriate gift.
(b) It is way too expensive.
(c) She will be his second wife.
(d) It indicates their relationship has changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi say when Kubi wants to check on Oko?
2. To what do Ali's relatives agree?
3. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
4. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
5. What happens when Opokuya's two eldest children are left in charge of cooking for the holiday?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)