|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
(a) That he was in the wrong legally.
(b) That Ali was in the wrong legally.
(c) That Esi has made her own choices.
(d) That he was right morally.
2. What does Esi say about monogamy?
(a) It is good if there are children.
(b) It is old fashioned.
(c) It is stifling.
(d) It is honorable.
3. Why does Ali feel guilty at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) For seducing Esi in the first place.
(b) For not letting Fusena divorce him.
(c) For not spending New Year's Eve with Esi.
(d) For marrying Esi.
4. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
(a) He is hiding something and Esi will not learn until after marriage.
(b) He is out of Esi's social class and his family will not accept her.
(c) Esi deserves better than sharing a man.
(d) He is wonderful and will be a good husband.
5. What does Oko think Esi has not lost?
(a) Her schoolgirl looks or ways.
(b) Her combative spirit.
(c) Her love for Oko.
(d) Her desire for perfection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
2. What does Kweku say when he knocks on Opokuya's bedroom door?
3. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
4. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
5. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)