|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which relatives does Ali finally talk?
(a) He decides not to talk to any of his relatives.
(b) The ones he is most sure will be supportive.
(c) The most elderly.
(d) The ones in Nima.
2. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His office in London.
(b) His mother.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His office in Abidjan.
3. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is changing jobs.
(b) That she has left Oko.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is ill.
4. What does Esi ask Opokuya concerning Oko?
(a) If Oko seems to miss her.
(b) If Oko has remarried.
(c) If Opokuya thinks Esi should have stayed married to Oko.
(d) If Oko is well.
5. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
(a) To do what she wanted.
(b) To trust her husband.
(c) To let her husband rule the family.
(d) To assume her husband would have affairs and that was okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Ali and Esi go to her family's village?
2. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
3. Why does Esi say her marriage fails?
4. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
5. What do Ali and Fusena insist upon before Ali leaves Ghana?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)