|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Esi from a deep sleep on New Year's Day?
(a) A phone call from Oko.
(b) A phone call from Ogyaanowa.
(c) A phone call from Ali.
(d) A horn from a car.
2. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
(a) Esi deserves better than sharing a man.
(b) He is hiding something and Esi will not learn until after marriage.
(c) He is out of Esi's social class and his family will not accept her.
(d) He is wonderful and will be a good husband.
3. Where does Kubi and two nephews go?
(a) To Esi's home.
(b) To watch t.v. at a neighbor's house.
(c) To get more potatoes.
(d) To get more beans.
4. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
(a) At her aunt's house.
(b) With her best friend traveling in Europe.
(c) With her father.
(d) At her grandmother's house.
5. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
(b) Go visit them.
(c) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(d) Ignore their misgivings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fusena ask Allah after Ali tells her his plans?
2. Why is Esi upset about Oko's mother concerning Ogyaanowa?
3. What does Esi think about marrying again?
4. What does Kweku say when he knocks on Opokuya's bedroom door?
5. Where do Ali and Fusena teach after graduation?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)