|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
(a) She doesn't really think about it yet.
(b) She would like to if for not other reason than for her daughter's sake.
(c) She would like to if the right man comes along.
(d) She does not want a man oppressing her all the time.
2. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) 30 years.
(b) Several months.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
(a) If her friend is married to Kubi.
(b) If she was still working in the same job.
(c) If she is meeting her husband.
(d) If he can call her the next week.
4. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
(a) Divorced men.
(b) Single women.
(c) Men who cheat.
(d) Women who want their own life even if they are married.
5. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(d) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opokuya want the car today?
2. What kind of school does Mma. Danjuma want Ali to attend?
3. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
4. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
5. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)