|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
(a) She does not want a man oppressing her all the time.
(b) She doesn't really think about it yet.
(c) She would like to if the right man comes along.
(d) She would like to if for not other reason than for her daughter's sake.
2. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(b) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(c) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(d) The other wife could bear all the children.
3. What does Esi say about monogamy?
(a) It is honorable.
(b) It is stifling.
(c) It is good if there are children.
(d) It is old fashioned.
4. Why does Esi say her marriage fails?
(a) Oko was having an affair.
(b) Oko wants a wife who wants more children.
(c) Esi has never loved Oko.
(d) Oko resented her not being with him constantly.
5. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
(a) Hurt Fusena.
(b) Embarrass his family.
(c) Scare Esi with too much attention.
(d) Let her see his less-than-desirable side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
2. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
3. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
4. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
5. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)