|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will live there until her father remarries.
(b) She will return home when school reopens.
(c) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(d) She can return home any time.
2. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They do not understand her but love her.
(b) They disapprove of her but love her.
(c) They hate her.
(d) They adore her.
3. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
(a) He is out of Esi's social class and his family will not accept her.
(b) He is hiding something and Esi will not learn until after marriage.
(c) He is wonderful and will be a good husband.
(d) Esi deserves better than sharing a man.
4. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
(a) He slumps over the wheel.
(b) Opokuya pulls in.
(c) He smashes into Esi's car.
(d) He hits a bicyclist.
5. How does Opokuya correct Esi about her view on monogamy?
(a) She says it is for the wife's benefit more than the husband.
(b) She says she thinks Esi means marriage, not mongamy.
(c) She says it is for the husband's benefit more than the wife.
(d) She says monogamy is not the issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
2. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
3. Why does Esi think her decision about Ogyaanowa suits Esi?
4. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
5. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)