|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
(a) Let her see his less-than-desirable side.
(b) Scare Esi with too much attention.
(c) Embarrass his family.
(d) Hurt Fusena.
2. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(b) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(c) The other wife could bear all the children.
(d) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
3. Why does Esi say her marriage fails?
(a) Oko wants a wife who wants more children.
(b) Oko was having an affair.
(c) Esi has never loved Oko.
(d) Oko resented her not being with him constantly.
4. Who is Connie?
(a) Opokuya's mother.
(b) Kubi's sister.
(c) Opokuya's sister.
(d) Kubi's aunt.
5. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
(a) Only women who are very wealthy can have it all.
(b) Society will not allow it.
(c) Only men who are rich can have it all.
(d) No one can have it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
2. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
3. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
4. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
5. Why does Opokuya say Esi is brave?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)