|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Opokuya correct Esi about her view on monogamy?
(a) She says it is for the husband's benefit more than the wife.
(b) She says it is for the wife's benefit more than the husband.
(c) She says monogamy is not the issue.
(d) She says she thinks Esi means marriage, not mongamy.
2. Where do Esi and Opokuya both live?
(c) They do not live in the same town.
3. What is the understanding when Ogyaanowa goes to her grandmother's house?
(a) She will live there until Esi remarries.
(b) She will return home when school reopens.
(c) She can return home any time.
(d) She will live there until her father remarries.
4. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
(a) Esi is having sexual relations before marriage.
(b) The first wife has to approve of subsequent wives.
(c) Esi is wearing a ring.
(d) Fusena is pregnant and Esi is supposed to be there helping her.
5. What does Opokuya notice on Esi when she visits one day?
(a) A new necklace.
(b) A new pair of earrings.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
2. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
3. What happens on the drive when Opokuya loses use of the car?
4. Why does Ali Kondey come into the hotel?
5. Where does Opokuya live?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)