|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Opokuya wonder concerning Esi and Fusena?
(a) If Esi would rebel against Fusena's demands as senior wife.
(b) If Esi would be willing to live in a household with another wife.
(c) Whether they could become friends.
(d) If Fusena would continue to have all the children.
2. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(d) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
3. How does Kubi thing Opokuya should get to her clients?
(b) The hospital van.
(c) Have the client pick her up.
(d) The bus.
4. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(b) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(c) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(d) The other wife could bear all the children.
5. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is ill.
(c) That she has left Oko.
(d) That she is changing jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
2. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
3. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
4. How does Oko's mother act to Esi when Esi and Oko's marriage ends?
5. What traditional rule has been already broken concerning Ali and Esi according to Opokuya?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)