|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Opokuya correct Esi about her view on monogamy?
(a) She says monogamy is not the issue.
(b) She says she thinks Esi means marriage, not mongamy.
(c) She says it is for the husband's benefit more than the wife.
(d) She says it is for the wife's benefit more than the husband.
2. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is ill.
(b) That she has left Oko.
(c) That she is changing jobs.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
(a) Get sexually attracted to a married woman.
(b) Be prepared for all contingencies.
(c) Have safe sex.
(d) Wake before the sun rises.
4. What makes Opokuya and Esi's friendship hard to believe?
(a) They hated each other when they were children.
(b) They are so different from each other.
(c) One is Muslim and one is Christian.
(d) One is Jewish and the other Muslim.
5. What does Esi say her mother thinks concerning marrying Ali?
(a) He is hiding something and Esi will not learn until after marriage.
(b) He is wonderful and will be a good husband.
(c) Esi deserves better than sharing a man.
(d) He is out of Esi's social class and his family will not accept her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Opokuya say society has no patience?
2. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
3. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
4. What does Oko buy thinking it will be good for Esi and Ogyaanowa?
5. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)