|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what do Esi and Opokuya agree?
(a) That Kubi is easier to take than Oko.
(b) That men are good most of the time.
(c) That Ali Kondey is handsome.
(d) That Esi would do well to stay away from Ali Kondey.
2. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
(a) Several months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. What does Esi say about monogamy?
(a) It is stifling.
(b) It is old fashioned.
(c) It is honorable.
(d) It is good if there are children.
4. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
(a) Esi would have been the senior wife.
(b) Her mother was opposed to Oko taking another wife also.
(c) Oko wouldn't then rape Esi if she did not want sex.
(d) The other wife could bear all the children.
5. Who does Oko's mother leave at his house one day?
(a) A letter from Esi.
(b) A baby boy.
(d) A beautiful young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Opokuya and Kubi argue every morning?
2. What does Ali Kondey ask Esi?
3. Why does Opokuya say Esi cannot have it all?
4. Who does Opokuya think has to be a fool in a marriage?
5. What has Ali always trained himself not to do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)