|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi think about marrying again?
(a) She doesn't really think about it yet.
(b) She would like to if for not other reason than for her daughter's sake.
(c) She does not want a man oppressing her all the time.
(d) She would like to if the right man comes along.
2. Why are Esi and Opokuya still talking even though it's getting late?
(a) They are waiting to have dinner with their husbands together.
(b) They are waiting for Opokuya's daughter.
(c) Kubi has not yet arrived.
(d) They are waiting for a taxi.
3. What does Ali not want to do while courting Esi?
(a) Hurt Fusena.
(b) Scare Esi with too much attention.
(c) Embarrass his family.
(d) Let her see his less-than-desirable side.
4. What does Ali say when Fusena asks if Esi is Muslim?
(b) She is willing to convert.
(c) She will learn about Islam and allow her children to be raised Muslim but she will not convert.
5. For what does Kubi say he is late?
(a) He says he is not late.
(b) To pick up a co-worker.
(c) A meeting with some clients.
(d) A budget meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Esi's mother have thought it alright for Oko to take another wife?
2. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
3. What happens one day as Ali is pulling away from Esi's house?
4. What did Opokuya decide early on in her marriage?
5. For how long has Opokuya been a midwife?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)