|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) To ask him to bring home groceries.
(b) To give him a message from his mother.
(c) If he is late getting home.
(d) To ask his advice about their son.
2. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
(a) His insolence.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His demands for propriety.
(d) His insecurity.
3. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
(a) That she is ill.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has left Oko.
(d) That she is changing jobs.
4. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He cannot tell her the reason.
(b) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
(c) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
(d) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
5. Who greets Esi at Hotel Twentieth Century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
2. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
3. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
4. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
5. Where is Ogyaanowa staying until school starts?.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)