|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
(a) That he was in the wrong legally.
(b) That he was right morally.
(c) That Ali was in the wrong legally.
(d) That Esi has made her own choices.
2. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
(a) Their own, though they have faults.
(b) The one someone else is living with.
(c) A mutual friend of theirs from high school.
3. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
(b) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
(c) He says his daughter was ill.
(d) He says Fusena was ill.
4. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
(a) No where.
5. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(d) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
2. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
3. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
4. What does Musa Musa do after Ali mollifies him?
5. What does Oko want?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)