|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(b) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(c) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(d) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
2. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His office in Abidjan.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His mother.
(d) His office in London.
3. What does Ali give Esi?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pair of diamond earrings.
(d) A gold ring.
4. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
(a) They hate her.
(b) They disapprove of her but love her.
(c) They adore her.
(d) They do not understand her but love her.
5. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(b) It degrades the woman.
(c) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(d) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
2. Where does Ali take Esi halfway through the New Year?
3. About what does Esi laugh concerning the African male?
4. What does Esi decide to do while waiting for her friend to arrive?
5. Why does Esi feel rejected?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)