|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali seem like the type of man to Esi?
(a) One who does not need someone.
(b) One who is rigidly traditional.
(c) One who does not believe in tradition.
(d) One who is absolutely honest.
2. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
(a) If he is late getting home.
(b) To ask his advice about their son.
(c) To give him a message from his mother.
(d) To ask him to bring home groceries.
3. Why does Ali feel the gift is inappropriate?
(a) She does feel it is an appropriate gift.
(b) It indicates their relationship has changed.
(c) She will be his second wife.
(d) It is way too expensive.
4. What does Mma. Danjuma know when she sees Esi?
(a) Esi is Fusena's superior in every way.
(b) She will be good friends with Esi.
(c) She will never warm to Esi.
(d) Esi is Fusena's inferior in every way.
5. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
(b) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
(c) He cannot tell her the reason.
(d) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Esi want to wait to wear Ali's gift?
2. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
3. In what shape does Kubi find Oko?
4. How does Esi find Oko's attentions?
5. What does Oko want to do after Kubi arrives?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)