|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Esi feel rejected?
(a) Ali says he will not visit her for a while at her house.
(b) Opokuya suggests it's time for Esi to go home.
(c) Ali does not want her to come to the home he shares with Fusena.
(d) Ogyaanowa is happy to leave with her father.
2. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
(a) Go visit them.
(b) Ignore their misgivings.
(c) Pretend Esi is not involved with Ali.
(d) Let them know about the marriage after the fact.
3. From where did Ali receive an urgent message?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His office in Abidjan.
(c) His office in London.
(d) His mother.
4. Why does Opokuya say she is going to visit her mother?
(a) She needs to pick up some of her old clothes for her daughter.
(b) She wants to make sure her mother has recovered from an illness.
(c) She wants to surprise her mother for her birthday.
(d) She is homesick.
5. What does Esi's grandmother say about feeling grateful to a man?
(a) It creates a trap which is hard to escape.
(b) It creates imbalance in a marriage.
(c) It's enough of a reason to marry him.
(d) It degrades the woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esi confide to Opokuya?
2. Who calls Esi at the Dakwas?
3. Why does Fusena sometimes call Ali at Esi's house?
4. What does Oko want?
5. What does Ali give Esi?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)