|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali tell Esi is the reason he has to go by his office nightly?
(a) He cannot tell her the reason.
(b) He has to check to see that the safe has been properly locked.
(c) He has to check for messages from his son who is in the United States.
(d) He has to sign all the paperwork generated during the day.
2. What does Oko want to do after Kubi arrives?
(a) Go apologize to Ali.
(b) Go to Kubi's house to get Ogyaanowa.
(c) Go apologize to Esi.
(d) Go to his mother's home.
3. How is Esi's being at Opokuya a blessing for Opokuya?
(a) Esi can help Opokuya with a client.
(b) Esi can help cook.
(c) Ogyaanowa is there and Opokuya's oldest son is interested in her.
(d) Esi can talk to Opokuya's oldest daughter about gaining an educatioin.
4. What does Ali say when Esi demands to know why he's been gone so long?
(a) He says his mother needed him back in the country.
(b) He says Fusena was ill.
(c) He says his daughter was ill.
(d) He says he was away on business and tried to call.
5. What does Esi say to Opokuya that makes Opokuya wonder what's wrong with Esi?
(a) That at least Opokuya finds life a little worthwhile.
(b) That Esi is goint to visit her mother, which she never does.
(c) That Oko is on a business trip again.
(d) That Esi is going to visit her grandmother, which she never does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oko want?
2. What does Esi propose she and Ali do as far as her family?
3. Who do the two women think the best husband is?
4. What does Kubi point out to Oko?
5. How does Oko's family feel about Esi?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)