Section 1: Chapters 1 and 2
1. At whom is Esi angry?
(b) Her daughter.
2. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(b) To pick up her husband.
(c) To the airport.
(d) Linga Hideaways.
3. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Typing her own proposals.
(c) Calling around for a replacement.
(d) Training a substitute.
4. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
5. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
(a) Calling for a substitute secretary.
(b) Writing a government grant proposal.
(c) Checking on travel arrangements.
6. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) An offer to dinner.
(b) Help typing.
(c) Editorial help.
(d) A ride home.
7. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) Meeting Esi.
(c) The beautiful weather.
(d) His career.
8. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She hears her parents fighting.
(b) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(c) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
(d) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
This section contains 5,363 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)