Section 1: Chapters 1 and 2
1. At whom is Esi angry?
(d) Her daughter.
2. Where is Esi driving at the opening of the novel?
(a) Linga Hideaways.
(b) To pick up her son at soccer meet.
(c) To pick up her husband.
(d) To the airport.
3. What does Esi end up doing when the secretary is away?
(a) Calling around for a replacement.
(b) Training a substitute.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Typing her own proposals.
4. How does the man who offers to help Esi appear?
5. What does Esi tell the man she is doing?
(a) Writing a government grant proposal.
(b) Calling for a substitute secretary.
(c) Checking on travel arrangements.
6. What does Esi refuse from Ali Kondey?
(a) An offer to dinner.
(b) Help typing.
(c) Editorial help.
(d) A ride home.
7. What does Ali see as a gift from Allah?
(a) His career.
(b) Meeting Esi.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) The beautiful weather.
8. Why is Ohyaanowa unhappy?
(a) She hears her parents fighting.
(b) She wants to go to the mall but is not allowed.
(c) She was embarrassed at school that day.
(d) She and her girlfriend had a fight.
This section contains 5,363 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)