|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chanel go during her self-imposed exile following her scandalous affair?
2. In what year did plagues begin to sweep through provincial villages?
3. In the city where Chanel was born, what was August known as?
(a) The month of the Rhine.
(b) The month of the Carrousel.
(c) The month of L'Hexagone.
(d) The month of Marianne.
4. In terms of fashion, what was evolving quickly when Chanel was born?
(a) Men's fashion.
(b) Women's fashions.
(c) Lengths of skirts.
(d) The use of modern fabrics.
5. In which region of her home country was Chanel born?
(b) The Cevennes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For generations, what had Chanel's family made a living gathering?
2. Who provided Chanel the finances to open her shop?
3. In what season was Chanel born?
4. Which of the following events was not described as happening when Chanel was born?
5. What property did Chanel's great-grandfather rent?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Chanel's parents marry, and what did it mean for the family?
2. What influenced men's fashion at the time of Chanel's birth?
3. How was Chanel able to achieve success even through World War II?
4. What brought Chanel back to Paris in 1954?
5. What was significant about August in Saumer?
6. In Saumer, what influenced women's fashion at the time of Chanel's birth?
7. In business terms, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
8. Where did Chanel go after leaving the convent?
9. What caused the decline and collapse of French rural communities in the 1800s?
10. What was the result of Chanel's affair with a German officer?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)