|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Chanel's parents marry?
(b) Three years after her birth.
(c) Two months before her birth.
(d) A few months after her birth.
2. What was Chanel's sister's name?
3. In what country was Coco Chanel born?
4. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
(a) The disruption of family life.
(b) Her mother's poor mental health.
(c) The war.
(d) Abject poverty.
5. What made Chanel memorable to everyone she met?
(a) Her strange dress-sense.
(b) Her constant laughter.
(c) Her vibrancy.
(d) Her booming voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "Boy" Capel's first name?
2. What hobby did Chanel adopt after meeting Balsan?
3. What brought Chanel back to Paris?
4. At what age did Chanel leave the orphanage?
5. What property did Chanel's great-grandfather rent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Emotionally, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
2. What are some pieces of fashionable styles for men named in the Introduction of the book?
3. In business terms, how important was Chanel's relationship with Arthur "Boy" Capel?
4. How did Chanel's relationships with aristocrats influence her work?
5. In Saumer, what influenced women's fashion at the time of Chanel's birth?
6. How was Chanel able to achieve success even through World War II?
7. What sort of environments was Chanel surrounded by as a child?
8. What had Chanel's family done for generations?
9. What was significant about August in Saumer?
10. What did Chanel's great-grandfather establish for his family?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)