|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mademoiselle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Chanel when her mother died?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
2. What effect did WWII have on the fashion industry?
(a) Certain fabrics were unavailable.
(b) The government forced fashion houses to close.
(c) People stopped buying new clothes.
(d) Haute-couture became inspired by military styles.
3. Rather than fashion, what did Chanel wish to create with her work?
(a) A modern art form.
(b) Tools for modern women.
(c) A timeless style.
(d) A way of life.
4. After leaving the orphanage, where did Chanel go to live?
(a) A country manor.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A convent.
(d) With relatives.
5. What was a characteristic of Dior's designs?
(a) A revealing neckline.
(b) Short dresses.
(c) Sheer fabrics.
(d) Long and full skirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Chanel, fashion was a craft that should be allowed to do what?
2. How does Charles-Roux describe Chanel's appearance when she was in her fifties?
3. For what was Etienne Balsan famous?
4. Where did Chanel's nickname, Coco, come from?
5. Chanel designed costumes for plays at which venue?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)