|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mademoiselle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chanel introduce to her collections in 1932?
(a) Designer sunglasses.
(b) Rain jackets and umbrellas.
(d) Jewelry made with real jewels.
2. To which commission was Boy Capel transferred by Clemenceau?
(a) The Franco-English wartime coal commission.
(b) The Paris city protection commission.
(c) The naval ship building commission
(d) The patent application commission.
3. How long did Chanel live in exile away from France?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
4. As a young woman, on what did Adrienne Chanel focus her attention?
(a) Studying at university.
(b) Having a career in fashion.
(c) Being accepted in high society.
(d) Raising her siblings.
5. Who arranged a job for Chanel at a shop?
(a) A local merchant.
(b) Her canonesses.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) A former teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. While living at the chateau, what did Chanel begin to develop a wardrobe specifically for?
2. In what year did plagues begin to sweep through provincial villages?
3. What made Chanel different from the other girls at the novitiate?
4. What did Chanel do in order to have her fashions publicized?
5. What invention made the flaws of women's dress apparent?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)