|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mademoiselle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are described as the fashion setters at the end of the 1800s?
(b) Silent film stars.
(c) Aristocratic ladies and gentlemen.
(d) Bohemian artisans.
2. In "Coco, a Kept Woman," which of the following is not described as one of the dominant designers in Paris fashion?
(a) Charles Fredrick Worth.
(b) Paul Poiret.
(c) Jeanne Paquin.
(d) Jacques Doucet.
3. Who did Capel have make an elegant version of the simple lines Chanel always wore?
(a) One of his mistresses.
(b) An English tailor.
(c) A competing designer.
(d) Chanel herself.
4. In what month did World War II reach France in 1939?
5. What were the last designs Chanel released before the beginning of WWII in 1939?
(a) Her gypsy-style evening gowns.
(b) Lace evening dresses.
(c) Flapper-style beaded dresses.
(d) Long dresses paired with silk capes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chanel do for her friend Raymond Radiguet?
2. What was Chanel's role in her theatre performances?
3. Which item of fashion continued to be flamboyant in spite of WWII?
4. Where did Chanel live when she was in Paris?
5. What was fashion at the time of Chanel's birth said to have made women look?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)