|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mademoiselle Chanel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Chanel compete for clients in the 1930s?
(a) Pierre Cardin.
(b) Jacques Doucet.
(c) Guy Laroche.
(d) Elsa Schiaparelli.
2. Who was Adrienne Chanel?
(a) Coco's sister.
(b) Coco's mother.
(c) Coco's cousin.
(d) Coco's aunt.
3. To Chanel, fashion was a craft that should be allowed to do what?
(a) Evolve for utility.
(d) Speak for itself.
4. Which designer had a piece declared as "the sweater of the year" by Vogue magazine in the 1930s?
(a) Christian Dior
(b) Coco Chanel
(c) Jeanne Paquin.
(d) Elsa Schiaparelli
5. Because of her inexperience in the fashion trade, what characterized Chanel's shop?
(a) Ill-fitting clothes.
(b) Underpriced merchandise.
(c) A sense of looseness.
(d) Inconsistent business hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to have shaped the world in which Chanel spent her childhood?
2. What was Coco Chanel's real first name?
3. Where did Chanel's sales of dresses remain steady even when shop owners did not expect it?
4. What was Chanel's father's name?
5. What did Chanel realize she could do at Biarritz?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)