|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coco, a Kept Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Chanel's friend, Caryathis?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A cubist painter.
(c) A concert pianist.
(d) A fashion designer.
2. What invention made the flaws of women's dress apparent?
(a) Washing machines.
(b) Electric heaters.
(d) Motor vehicles.
3. Where did Chanel go during her self-imposed exile following her scandalous affair?
4. Which of the following events was not described as happening when Chanel was born?
(a) Presentations of troops.
(d) Riding instructions.
5. Who did Capel have make an elegant version of the simple lines Chanel always wore?
(a) A competing designer.
(b) One of his mistresses.
(c) Chanel herself.
(d) An English tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the style of the era when Chanel was born?
2. What was Chanel's role in her theatre performances?
3. What did Paul Morand write about Chanel and Capel?
4. What did Chanel do in order to have her fashions publicized?
5. What hobby did Chanel adopt after meeting Balsan?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)