|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coco, a Kept Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first of Chanel's family to work as a peddler?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her great-grandfather.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. Where would Chanel's family gather their harvest from?
(c) Farmed land.
3. What was the advantage of men's clothing at the time of Chanel's birth?
(a) Men's clothing was less expensive.
(b) Men's clothing allowed freedom of movement.
(c) Men's clothing was made from long-lasting fabrics.
(d) Men's clothing designs were elegantly simple.
4. What did Chanel do in order to have her fashions publicized?
(a) Dressed her influential friends.
(b) Held in-store parties for her clients.
(c) Sent samples to fashion magazines.
(d) Staged shows for magazine editors.
5. What effect did the plagues have on provincial villages?
(a) Villages began to collapse.
(b) Village communities became distrustful of outsiders.
(c) Village populations began to grow.
(d) The plagues had no lasting effect on provincial villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are described as the fashion setters at the end of the 1800s?
2. What was Coco Chanel's real first name?
3. In the city where Chanel was born, what influenced women's fashion?
4. After leaving the orphanage, where did Chanel go to live?
5. How long did Chanel stay at the novitiate?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)