|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coco, a Kept Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the city where Chanel was born, what was August known as?
(a) The month of the Carrousel.
(b) The month of the Rhine.
(c) The month of Marianne.
(d) The month of L'Hexagone.
2. In which region of her home country was Chanel born?
(d) The Cevennes.
3. In the foreword, what is Chanel described as being "to the core"?
(a) A romantic.
(b) A businesswoman.
(c) An idealist.
(d) An innovator.
4. Chanel designed costumes for plays at which venue?
(a) The palace at Versailles.
(b) The Moulin Rouge.
(c) La Rotunde.
(d) Balsan's chateau.
5. At what age did Chanel meet Etienne Balsan?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was Coco Chanel born?
2. What made Chanel different from the other girls at the novitiate?
3. What invention made the flaws of women's dress apparent?
4. What did Chanel's great-grandfather turn his rented property into?
5. What effect did the plagues have on provincial villages?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)