|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coco, a Kept Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Coco, a Kept Woman," which of the following is not described as one of the dominant designers in Paris fashion?
(a) Charles Fredrick Worth.
(b) Jeanne Paquin.
(c) Paul Poiret.
(d) Jacques Doucet.
2. How did Chanel feel about the place where she stayed after leaving the orphanage?
(a) Chanel felt unwelcome.
(b) Chanel felt the need to escape.
(c) Chanel felt at home.
(d) Chanel felt as if she was making a difference.
3. What hobby did Chanel adopt after meeting Balsan?
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Dog breeding.
4. In which region of her home country was Chanel born?
(d) The Cevennes.
5. Around the time Chanel was trying to break into the theatre, what performances were favored by the nouveau-riche?
(b) Poetry readings.
(c) Orchestral performances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chanel take a job as a water dispenser?
2. Who was the first of Chanel's family to work as a peddler?
3. When did Chanel's parents marry?
4. When she was twenty years old, in which town was Chanel offered a job?
5. What did Chanel's great-grandfather use to rent a property?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)