|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Helen Jean leave the bar?
(a) She has to go meet her sister
(b) She does not like the atmosphere
(c) Her brother came to get her
(d) She is interested in a Mexican man there
2. What does Tayo find out about cigarette butts when he is a toddler?
(a) They came in different colors
(b) They could be hot
(c) He would vomit if he ate them
(d) They would come apart if he tugged on them
3. What does the medicine man tell Tayo to do after they walk Tayo through the Ceremony?
(a) Go to sleep
(c) Go home
(d) Walk it once on his own
4. Why does Tayo shake the branches on the tree outside Ts’eh’s house?
(a) To get the snow off so the branches do not break
(b) To watch the snow fall
(c) To make a pattern for divination
(d) To get the blanket off a branch
5. What does the woman with reddish hair do when white men come to harass the women at the arroyo?
(a) Shoots one with her bow
(b) Throws the bottles back at the white men and curses them
(c) Kicks one of them in the groin
(d) She ignores them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Apache sheepherder Auntie has?
2. Who goes to church on Sundays with Auntie?
3. What does Emo suggests the men do since they fought a white man’s war and still are stuck on a dried up reservation?
4. What does the medicine man do when Tayo wakes and the medicine man sits down with Tayo?
5. Out of what did the old male Indians whittle toothpicks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Tayo end up finding the cattle again with the man’s help?
2. What does Old Grandma do with Tayo, what does he think he needs to do and what does she want him to do?
3. What does Tayo first do when he leaves Betonie?
4. What does Tayo do with his memories of Night Swan and Josiah?
5. Of what does Tayo dream as he and Robert prepare for winter? What does Tayo decide to do because of the dreams?
6. What happens to Tayo after he attacks Emo?
7. How do Josiah and the boys learn about cattle care?
8. Who is Night Swan and how does she know Josiah?
9. How does Josiah’s sister feel about Night Swan?
10. What does Betonie say when Tayo says he wants to find Josiah’s cattle?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)