|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Thought-Woman sitting in the opening poem?
(a) Under a tree
(b) In a creek bed
(c) On top of a mountain
(d) In her room
2. How is Tayo able to anticipate Auntie’s mood?
(a) By what television show she has on
(b) By watching her face
(c) By how high her voice is when she speaks
(d) By what she cooks
3. What does the medicine man tell Tayo about the Japanese?
(a) They are part of the white sickness
(b) They are pushed to war by bad spirits
(c) They were related to the Indians 30,000 years ago
(d) He does not mention the Japanese
4. What does Josiah tell Tayo is the reason the cattle prices are down?
(a) Because all the cattle are being taken to the army posts
(b) Because of the drought
(c) People are not buying because of the war
(d) He does not tell Tayo anything about cattle prices
5. What does Tayo dream about the night he sleeps with Ts’eh?
(a) His mother
(b) The woman
(c) The cattle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ts’eh serve Tayo for dinner?
2. Where do Josiah and Tayo fill up their water barrels?
3. How does the medicine man Tayo is sent to wear his hair?
4. What are the two names that all of creation is said to have in modern times?
5. Out of what did the old male Indians whittle toothpicks?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)