|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harley tell Leroy to take Tayo for a cure?
(a) The medicine man
(b) The cold Coors hospital
(c) The VA hospital
(d) The Red Rooster
2. What does "she" say is the only cure in the four-line poem, "What She Said"?
(b) A good Ceremony
3. Where does Tayo's mother live?
(a) In a trailer on the Sioux reservation
(b) In an apartment in Gallup
(c) She is homeless
(d) In a house in Santa Fe
4. What does Tayo feel about the medicine man’s possessions?
(a) They are too disorganized
(b) They are holy
(c) There are too few of them
(d) They are cast-offs of the white people
5. What does Tayo find out about cigarette butts when he is a toddler?
(a) They could be hot
(b) They came in different colors
(c) He would vomit if he ate them
(d) They would come apart if he tugged on them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the north side of Gallup called?
2. What does the teacher at the school call the Indian stories about the world?
3. Who is Descheeny married to when he brings a Mexican girl to his home?
4. What is the name of the medicine man that Ku'oosh wants Tayo to see?
5. What does Emo suggests the men do since they fought a white man’s war and still are stuck on a dried up reservation?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)