|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josiah tell Tayo the frogs do during a drought?
(a) Migrate into the forests
(b) Bury in the sand at the bottom of a dry pool
(c) Move into the caves
(d) Die out
2. What does Harley say he traded for the truck he is driving?
(a) His grandfather’s ceremonial dress
(b) The land that was stolen from the Indians
(c) Nothing, he does not mention a trade
(d) His army medals and fifty dollars
3. What do Tayo, Leroy and Emo earn in the war?
(a) Purple hearts
(b) Commendation medals
(c) Silver stars
(d) General discharges
4. With what were the walls of the Ts’eh’s cabin plastered?
(a) Gray mud
(b) Joint compound
(c) Black porcelain mud
(d) Red Clay
5. Why does Auntie keep Josiah very busy?
(a) So he will not drink alcoholic drinks
(b) She does not keep him busy
(c) So he cannot go to Cubero
(d) So he will be too tired to date
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the medicine man tell Tayo about what witchery does?
2. What does Ku'oosh tell Tayo about the world?
3. What do the old singers send to Descheeny?
4. Why does Josiah not brand the cows when he first gets them?
5. What is carved on Ts’eh’s silver buckles on her moccasins?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)