|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
2. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
3. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
4. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
5. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
Short Essay Questions
1. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
2. What is one definition of capitalism that its supporters might use?
3. When does the author say that an irrational side will win an argument?
4. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
5. How is property dealt with in fascism?
6. When do countries not engage in wars?
7. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
8. How does Fromm characterize man's alienation?
9. What are the two ways that man can comprehend the world, according to Fromm?
10. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rand feel the U.S. system is headed for fascism? What arguments and evidence does she present to support her view? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the way the author treats liberal and conservative ideas in her book. Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)