|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
2. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
3. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
4. Who visits the United States and declares that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven?
5. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is property dealt with in fascism?
2. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
3. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
4. What does the existence of the draft mean for countries and politicians?
5. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
6. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
7. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
8. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
9. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
10. How does Fromm characterize man's alienation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer; what does Rand mean when she says there is morality in rational self-interest?
Essay Topic 2
There are several mentions of why noncapitalist countries that do not like capitalism. What are the reasons the authors give for noncapitalist nations hating and condemning capitalism? Are these reasons logical and rational based on the theories of capitalism presented in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are some common fallacies about capitalism, and how do the common fallacies affect capitalism? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)