|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
2. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
3. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
4. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
5. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
Essay Topic 1
Based on the information presented in the book, do you think that Rand is a conservative or a liberal? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are several mentions of why noncapitalist countries that do not like capitalism. What are the reasons the authors give for noncapitalist nations hating and condemning capitalism? Are these reasons logical and rational based on the theories of capitalism presented in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The author believes that the fundamental question used to evaluate a social system is whether or not the system acknowledges individual rights and bars the use of physical force, and whether or not man is a free individual or the property of the tribe. Evaluate the social and economic systems presented in this book using this question. Use appropriate examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)