|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
2. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
3. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
4. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
5. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meaning does the author give to the idea that public interest supersedes private interests and rights?
2. Who comes and helps the students protest in Berkeley in 1964?
3. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
4. How is property dealt with in fascism?
5. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
6. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
7. When do countries not engage in wars?
8. What is one definition of capitalism that its supporters might use?
9. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
10. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using information provided in the text, answer the following question: What is the purpose of the individual in capitalism?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are anti-concepts, and what role does the author feels they play in today's economic and political societies? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)