Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
2. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
3. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
Essay Topic 1
What do the various authors believe about government spending? How do Greenspan, Rand, Hessen and Branden say government should spend its money and resources? Use examples from the book to compare and contrast the various authors and their beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
The author believes that the fundamental question used to evaluate a social system is whether or not the system acknowledges individual rights and bars the use of physical force, and whether or not man is a free individual or the property of the tribe. Evaluate the social and economic systems presented in this book using this question. Use appropriate examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the various authors in the book, what role does economics have on politics? Discuss the differences and similarities in the views held by Rand, Branden and Greenspan. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)