|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
2. Who are typical lobbyists?
3. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
4. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
5. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
2. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
3. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
4. What is one definition of capitalism that its supporters might use?
5. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
6. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
7. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
8. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
9. What are the two ways that man can comprehend the world, according to Fromm?
10. What does the existence of the draft mean for countries and politicians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer; what does Rand mean when she says there is morality in rational self-interest?
Essay Topic 2
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What does the author believe about businessmen and capitalism? How are businessmen central to the author's arguments about capitalism?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)