|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
2. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
3. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
4. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
5. What does the author believe is the basis for a mixed economy?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do countries not engage in wars?
2. How is property dealt with in fascism?
3. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
4. How does the author see the conflict between the Democrats and the Republicans in America?
5. What are the two ways that man can comprehend the world, according to Fromm?
6. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
7. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
8. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
9. What meaning does the author give to the idea that public interest supersedes private interests and rights?
10. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the information given in this book, do men work better in an atmosphere of freedom rather than one of coercion? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are some common fallacies about capitalism, and how do the common fallacies affect capitalism? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)