|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
2. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
3. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the way the author treats liberal and conservative ideas in her book. Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The author believes that the fundamental question used to evaluate a social system is whether or not the system acknowledges individual rights and bars the use of physical force, and whether or not man is a free individual or the property of the tribe. Evaluate the social and economic systems presented in this book using this question. Use appropriate examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are anti-concepts, and what role does the author feels they play in today's economic and political societies? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)