|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
2. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
3. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
4. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
5. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
Essay Topic 1
What does the author believe about businessmen and capitalism? How are businessmen central to the author's arguments about capitalism?
Essay Topic 2
There are several mentions of why noncapitalist countries that do not like capitalism. What are the reasons the authors give for noncapitalist nations hating and condemning capitalism? Are these reasons logical and rational based on the theories of capitalism presented in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
According to the theories the authors present, why can freedom only exist under capitalism? Support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)