|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
2. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
3. What does the author believe is the basis for a mixed economy?
4. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
5. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer; what does Rand mean when she says there is morality in rational self-interest?
Essay Topic 2
What are anti-concepts, and what role does the author feels they play in today's economic and political societies? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer; why does Alan Greenspan believe that the U.S. antitrust laws are flawed, and what does he think should be done about the problem?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)