|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
2. How does the author refer to a principle?
3. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
4. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
5. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the author believe about businessmen and capitalism? How are businessmen central to the author's arguments about capitalism?
Essay Topic 2
Using information provided in the text, answer the following question: What is the purpose of the individual in capitalism?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer; what does Rand mean when she says there is morality in rational self-interest?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)