|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
2. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
3. What does the author believe is the basis for a mixed economy?
4. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
5. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer; why does Alan Greenspan believe that the U.S. antitrust laws are flawed, and what does he think should be done about the problem?
Essay Topic 3
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)