Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
2. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
3. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
Essay Topic 1
What is taxation, and what is its effect on the economy? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the French businessmen tell Colbert to "Laissez-nous faire"? What does their response have to do with capitalism? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)