|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first antitrust legislation?
2. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
3. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
4. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
5. How is man viewed in tribal European culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would the consumer be protected in a true capitalist market?
2. How does a government protect its citizens?
3. What is the gold standard?
4. What problems do the airwaves run into in the beginning of radio?
5. Why do capital markets affect prices?
6. How does government involvement help cause the Great Depression?
7. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
8. What is a coercive monopoly?
9. What is the Homestead Act?
10. According to the author, how is science collapsing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why did the French businessmen tell Colbert to "Laissez-nous faire"? What does their response have to do with capitalism? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)