|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for statism?
2. How is man viewed in tribal European culture?
3. Copyrights apply to what?
4. What is the first antitrust legislation?
5. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Branden claim is a fallacy of Marxism?
2. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
3. What is the Homestead Act?
4. How are businessmen persecuted?
5. What does Greenspan think of U.S. antitrust laws?
6. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
7. Why are people terrified of war, according to the author?
8. What are patents and copyrights?
9. Why do capital markets affect prices?
10. How does the existence of money help people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rand feel the U.S. system is headed for fascism? What arguments and evidence does she present to support her view? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are anti-concepts, and what role does the author feels they play in today's economic and political societies? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)