|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
2. The author believes that capitalism cannot function with what?
3. What is the first antitrust legislation?
4. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
5. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
2. What role do land grants play in railroad construction?
3. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
4. How is banking controlled when the system is based on gold?
5. What does Branden believe causes depressions?
6. What are pre-capitalist societies based on?
7. What is the gold standard?
8. What does Greenspan think of U.S. antitrust laws?
9. Why do capital markets affect prices?
10. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the way the author treats liberal and conservative ideas in her book. Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are anti-concepts, and what role does the author feels they play in today's economic and political societies? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)