|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
2. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
3. The author believes that licensing the airwaves leads to what?
4. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
5. What does the author blame for crises and depressions in capitalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Branden believe causes depressions?
2. How does the existence of money help people?
3. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
4. Why are people terrified of war, according to the author?
5. How does a government protect its citizens?
6. How does gold flow through the international system?
7. How does government regulation purport to protect the consumer?
8. What does the author believe about the disintegration of philosophy?
9. What is the study of political economy?
10. What are patents and copyrights?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are anti-concepts, and what role does the author feels they play in today's economic and political societies? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What do the various authors believe about government spending? How do Greenspan, Rand, Hessen and Branden say government should spend its money and resources? Use examples from the book to compare and contrast the various authors and their beliefs.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)