|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
2. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
3. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
4. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
5. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
2. What does Branden believe causes depressions?
3. What are pre-capitalist societies based on?
4. According to the author, how is science collapsing?
5. How are some of the railroads not responsive to the market?
6. How does gold flow through the international system?
7. What are patents and copyrights?
8. How does government regulation purport to protect the consumer?
9. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
10. How is intellectual property different than physical property?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using information provided in the text, answer the following question: What is the purpose of the individual in capitalism?
Essay Topic 3
What is taxation, and what is its effect on the economy? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)