Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is J.J. Hill?
2. Intellectual property may end up in the public _____ but it does not become public property.
3. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
4. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
5. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the "Is Atlas Shrugging?" chapter, the author asks what question about the novel "Atlas Shrugged"?
2. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
3. What does capitalism do to the standard of living?
4. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
5. What should the governments of free countries protect?
6. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
7. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
8. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
9. What are patents and copyrights?
10. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
Essay Topic 1
There are several mentions of why noncapitalist countries that do not like capitalism. What are the reasons the authors give for noncapitalist nations hating and condemning capitalism? Are these reasons logical and rational based on the theories of capitalism presented in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way the author treats liberal and conservative ideas in her book. Support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)