|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is J.J. Hill?
2. Intellectual property may end up in the public _____ but it does not become public property.
3. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
4. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
5. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the "Is Atlas Shrugging?" chapter, the author asks what question about the novel "Atlas Shrugged"?
2. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
3. What does capitalism do to the standard of living?
4. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
5. What should the governments of free countries protect?
6. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
7. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
8. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
9. What are patents and copyrights?
10. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
Essay Topic 1
Based on the information given in this book, do men work better in an atmosphere of freedom rather than one of coercion? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are several mentions of why noncapitalist countries that do not like capitalism. What are the reasons the authors give for noncapitalist nations hating and condemning capitalism? Are these reasons logical and rational based on the theories of capitalism presented in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Rand feel the U.S. system is headed for fascism? What arguments and evidence does she present to support her view? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)