|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
2. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
3. The author believes that as long as capital can flow freely, it will flow where?
4. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
5. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gold standard?
2. What are patents and copyrights?
3. How is banking controlled when the system is based on gold?
4. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
5. What is a coercive monopoly?
6. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
7. How do most political economists approach their study of man?
8. How are some of the railroads not responsive to the market?
9. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
10. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author believes that the fundamental question used to evaluate a social system is whether or not the system acknowledges individual rights and bars the use of physical force, and whether or not man is a free individual or the property of the tribe. Evaluate the social and economic systems presented in this book using this question. Use appropriate examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer; why does Alan Greenspan believe that the U.S. antitrust laws are flawed, and what does he think should be done about the problem?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)