|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
2. Patents apply to what?
3. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
4. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
5. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
2. What should the governments of free countries protect?
3. What is a coercive monopoly?
4. What are the first labor laws concerning factories about?
5. What does Branden believe causes depressions?
6. How do most political economists approach their study of man?
7. What does capitalism do to the standard of living?
8. How does a government protect its citizens?
9. What problems do the airwaves run into in the beginning of radio?
10. How would the consumer be protected in a true capitalist market?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer; why does Alan Greenspan believe that the U.S. antitrust laws are flawed, and what does he think should be done about the problem?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the French businessmen tell Colbert to "Laissez-nous faire"? What does their response have to do with capitalism? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the information given in this book, do men work better in an atmosphere of freedom rather than one of coercion? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)