|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
2. What is another word for statism?
3. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
4. Intellectual property may end up in the public _____ but it does not become public property.
5. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author believe about the disintegration of philosophy?
2. What are patents and copyrights?
3. Why do capital markets affect prices?
4. What is the study of political economy?
5. How are businessmen persecuted?
6. According to the author, how is science collapsing?
7. How would the consumer be protected in a true capitalist market?
8. What does Branden claim is a fallacy of Marxism?
9. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
10. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several mentions of why noncapitalist countries that do not like capitalism. What are the reasons the authors give for noncapitalist nations hating and condemning capitalism? Are these reasons logical and rational based on the theories of capitalism presented in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
According to the information presented in the book, what are the political, economic, social, moral and philosophic differences between the reason-individualism-capitalism position and the mysticism-altruism-collectivism positions?
Essay Topic 3
Using information provided in the text, answer the following question: What is the purpose of the individual in capitalism?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)