|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
2. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
3. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
4. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
5. During the Industrial Revolution, where do many children find jobs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does capitalism do to the standard of living?
2. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
3. What is the study of political economy?
4. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
5. How do most political economists approach their study of man?
6. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
7. How does government involvement help cause the Great Depression?
8. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
9. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
10. What is the Homestead Act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the author believe about businessmen and capitalism? How are businessmen central to the author's arguments about capitalism?
Essay Topic 2
Based on the information presented in the book, do you think that Rand is a conservative or a liberal? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are some common fallacies about capitalism, and how do the common fallacies affect capitalism? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)