|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The presence of regulation may make it harder to do what?
2. How are the railroads subsidized?
3. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
4. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
5. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
2. According to the author, how is science collapsing?
3. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
4. How is banking controlled when the system is based on gold?
5. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
6. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
7. What role do land grants play in railroad construction?
8. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
9. How are businessmen persecuted?
10. What problems do the airwaves run into in the beginning of radio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the information presented in the book, do you think that Rand is a conservative or a liberal? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer; why does Alan Greenspan believe that the U.S. antitrust laws are flawed, and what does he think should be done about the problem?
Essay Topic 3
According to the information presented in the book, what are the political, economic, social, moral and philosophic differences between the reason-individualism-capitalism position and the mysticism-altruism-collectivism positions?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)