|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
2. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
3. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
4. What is the name that the nobility, and the king, use to describe people who are considered property?
5. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
2. How does government regulation purport to protect the consumer?
3. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
4. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
5. How does gold flow through the international system?
6. How does government involvement help cause the Great Depression?
7. What role do land grants play in railroad construction?
8. How are some of the railroads not responsive to the market?
9. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
10. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between the pope's encyclical and Rand's view of capitalism? Use the text to find examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer; why does Alan Greenspan believe that the U.S. antitrust laws are flawed, and what does he think should be done about the problem?
Essay Topic 3
Based on the information presented in the book, do you think that Rand is a conservative or a liberal? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)