|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that capitalism cannot function with what?
2. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
3. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
4. What is trade without any barriers known as?
5. Who does the author say would earn more money than Einstein?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
2. What does Greenspan think of U.S. antitrust laws?
3. How does government involvement help cause the Great Depression?
4. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
5. What does capitalism do to the standard of living?
6. What are the first labor laws concerning factories about?
7. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
8. What is the study of political economy?
9. How is intellectual property different than physical property?
10. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the various authors in the book, what role does economics have on politics? Discuss the differences and similarities in the views held by Rand, Branden and Greenspan. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
According to the information presented in the book, what are the political, economic, social, moral and philosophic differences between the reason-individualism-capitalism position and the mysticism-altruism-collectivism positions?
Essay Topic 3
What is statism and how does statism affect freedom? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)