|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that as long as capital can flow freely, it will flow where?
2. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
3. Patents apply to what?
4. How is man viewed in tribal European culture?
5. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Branden claim is a fallacy of Marxism?
2. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
3. What does the pope's encyclical say about work?
4. What are pre-capitalist societies based on?
5. How does government involvement help cause the Great Depression?
6. What should the governments of free countries protect?
7. How does Fromm characterize man's alienation?
8. How is banking controlled when the system is based on gold?
9. Why are people terrified of war, according to the author?
10. What does the existence of the draft mean for countries and politicians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the theories the authors present, why can freedom only exist under capitalism? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What does the author believe about businessmen and capitalism? How are businessmen central to the author's arguments about capitalism?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer; what does Rand mean when she says there is morality in rational self-interest?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)