|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Intellectual property may end up in the public _____ but it does not become public property.
2. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
3. What is the name that the nobility, and the king, use to describe people who are considered property?
4. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
5. What do patents and copyright protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author believe about the disintegration of philosophy?
2. How does a government protect its citizens?
3. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
4. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
5. How are businessmen persecuted?
6. How does gold flow through the international system?
7. What does Greenspan think of U.S. antitrust laws?
8. What does Branden believe causes depressions?
9. What are patents and copyrights?
10. According to the author, how is science collapsing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using information provided in the text, answer the following question: What is the purpose of the individual in capitalism?
Essay Topic 2
What do the various authors believe about government spending? How do Greenspan, Rand, Hessen and Branden say government should spend its money and resources? Use examples from the book to compare and contrast the various authors and their beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
What are some common fallacies about capitalism, and how do the common fallacies affect capitalism? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)