|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) Public interest.
(b) Social interest.
(c) Pressing interest.
(d) National interest.
2. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Pius VI.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) Pope Peter VI.
(d) Pope Platus VI.
3. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Free people.
(b) Driven people.
(c) Visions of the future or goals.
(d) Rights of the individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
2. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
3. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
4. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
5. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)