|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
2. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
(a) Brain-drain in Germany.
(b) Brain-drain in Spain.
(c) Brain-drain in Great Britain.
(d) Brain-drain in France.
3. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(a) The semi-developed nations.
(b) The underdeveloped nations.
(c) The U.S.
4. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
5. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
(a) The rise of the individual.
(b) Faith in God.
(c) Faith in society.
(d) Belief in mankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
2. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
3. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
2. What does the existence of the draft mean for countries and politicians?
3. When does the author say that an irrational side will win an argument?
4. What is one definition of capitalism that its supporters might use?
5. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
6. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
7. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
8. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
9. When do countries not engage in wars?
10. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)