|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
2. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
3. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
(a) The professors.
(b) Modern philosophy.
(c) Modern sociology.
(d) Lack of moral grounding.
4. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
5. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the United States and declares that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven?
2. Who are typical lobbyists?
3. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
4. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
5. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do countries not engage in wars?
2. What is one definition of capitalism that its supporters might use?
3. How does the author see the conflict between the Democrats and the Republicans in America?
4. What does the pope's encyclical say motivates capitalism?
5. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
6. How is property dealt with in fascism?
7. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
8. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
9. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
10. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)