|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The government.
(b) The banks.
(c) The business associations.
(d) The United Nations.
2. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
3. When is the period of McCarthyism?
4. Who do lobbyists work for?
(a) The individual.
(b) The special-interest groups.
(c) The businesses.
(d) The public.
5. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) Social interest.
(b) Pressing interest.
(c) Public interest.
(d) National interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
2. How long is the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
3. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
4. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
5. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
2. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
3. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
4. Who comes and helps the students protest in Berkeley in 1964?
5. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
6. How does the author see the conflict between the Democrats and the Republicans in America?
7. When talking about political views in today's world, what is the question to ask?
8. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
9. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
10. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)