|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
2. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
3. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
4. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
(a) Leave us with ourselves.
(b) Leave us alone.
(c) Help us succeed.
(d) Don't meddle with us.
5. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
(a) The selfless entity.
(b) The logical entity.
(c) The more intelligent entity.
(d) The rational entity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
2. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
3. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
4. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
5. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
2. What does the pope's encyclical say motivates capitalism?
3. What is one definition of capitalism that its supporters might use?
4. How is property dealt with in fascism?
5. What are the two ways that man can comprehend the world, according to Fromm?
6. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
7. In the "Is Atlas Shrugging?" chapter, the author asks what question about the novel "Atlas Shrugged"?
8. Who comes and helps the students protest in Berkeley in 1964?
9. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
10. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)