|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
(b) Guild socialism.
2. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Peaceful warfare.
(b) Gang warfare.
(c) Scientific warfare.
(d) Meaningless warfare.
3. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
(a) The professors.
(b) Modern sociology.
(c) Lack of moral grounding.
(d) Modern philosophy.
4. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Political freedom.
(c) Freedom of rights.
(d) Individual freedom.
5. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
(a) The high cost.
(b) The amount of training needed.
(c) The lack of motivation.
(d) The lack of volunteers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
2. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
3. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
5. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
2. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
3. When does the author say that an irrational side will win an argument?
4. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
5. What does the pope's encyclical say motivates capitalism?
6. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
7. What are the two ways that man can comprehend the world, according to Fromm?
8. Who comes and helps the students protest in Berkeley in 1964?
9. What does the pope's encyclical say about work?
10. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)