|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are typical lobbyists?
2. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Gang warfare.
(b) Peaceful warfare.
(c) Meaningless warfare.
(d) Scientific warfare.
3. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
4. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
(b) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
(c) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
(d) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
5. When is the period of McCarthyism?
Short Answer Questions
1. William Petersen is a professor of what?
2. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
3. How does the author refer to a principle?
4. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
5. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
Short Essay Questions
1. When talking about political views in today's world, what is the question to ask?
2. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
3. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
4. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
5. When does the author say that an irrational side will win an argument?
6. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
7. How does Fromm characterize man's alienation?
8. What does the pope's encyclical say about work?
9. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
10. What are the two ways that man can comprehend the world, according to Fromm?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)