|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Scientific warfare.
(b) Gang warfare.
(c) Meaningless warfare.
(d) Peaceful warfare.
2. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
3. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Platus VI.
(b) Pope Peter VI.
(c) Pope Pius VI.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
4. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The government.
(c) The business associations.
(d) The banks.
5. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed socialism.
(b) A mixed system.
(c) A mixed economy.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
2. Who is the governor of California when the protest at Berkeley in 1964 occurs?
3. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
4. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
5. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
2. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
3. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
4. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
5. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
6. What does the pope's encyclical say about work?
7. When talking about political views in today's world, what is the question to ask?
8. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
9. In the "Is Atlas Shrugging?" chapter, the author asks what question about the novel "Atlas Shrugged"?
10. When do countries not engage in wars?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)