|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
(a) Man's work.
(b) Man's mistakes.
(c) Man's ideas.
(d) Man's self-sacrifice.
2. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
3. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
(a) Her power.
(b) Her success.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her beliefs.
4. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) Public interest.
(b) National interest.
(c) Social interest.
(d) Pressing interest.
5. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
Short Answer Questions
1. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
2. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
3. Which president does the author compare to a French minister?
4. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
5. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
Short Essay Questions
1. When talking about political views in today's world, what is the question to ask?
2. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
3. When does the author say that an irrational side will win an argument?
4. What does the pope's encyclical say motivates capitalism?
5. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
6. What meaning does the author give to the idea that public interest supersedes private interests and rights?
7. How does Fromm characterize man's alienation?
8. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
9. What is one definition of capitalism that its supporters might use?
10. When do countries not engage in wars?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)