|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
2. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The entity with the most power.
(b) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
(c) The most rational entity.
(d) The more evil or irrational entity.
3. Who is the governor of California when the protest at Berkeley in 1964 occurs?
4. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(b) The semi-developed nations.
(c) The U.S.
(d) The underdeveloped nations.
5. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most consistent behavior.
(b) The man with the most power.
(c) The man with the most altruism.
(d) The man with the most knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
2. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
3. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
4. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
5. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the pope's encyclical say motivates capitalism?
2. What meaning does the author give to the idea that public interest supersedes private interests and rights?
3. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
4. What does the pope's encyclical say about work?
5. How is property dealt with in fascism?
6. From what belief do foreign-aid programs stem?
7. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
8. When do countries not engage in wars?
9. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
10. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)