|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Four days.
2. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
(a) Modern sociology.
(b) Lack of moral grounding.
(c) Modern philosophy.
(d) The professors.
3. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(d) Political science.
4. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
5. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
2. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
3. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
4. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
5. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the pope's encyclical say motivates capitalism?
2. How is property dealt with in fascism?
3. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
4. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
5. What does the existence of the draft mean for countries and politicians?
6. When talking about political views in today's world, what is the question to ask?
7. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
8. In the "Is Atlas Shrugging?" chapter, the author asks what question about the novel "Atlas Shrugged"?
9. What meaning does the author give to the idea that public interest supersedes private interests and rights?
10. What are the two ways that man can comprehend the world, according to Fromm?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)