|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the United States and declares that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven?
2. What is the name of the philosopher who introduces the concept of alienation?
3. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
4. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Peter VI.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) Pope Pius VI.
(d) Pope Platus VI.
5. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The government.
(b) The banks.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The business associations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
2. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
3. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
4. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
5. Which president does the author compare to a French minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
2. When do countries not engage in wars?
3. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
4. How is property dealt with in fascism?
5. What does the pope's encyclical say about work?
6. When talking about political views in today's world, what is the question to ask?
7. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
8. What brings about an intellectual movement's collapse?
9. How does Fromm characterize man's alienation?
10. How does the author see the conflict between the Democrats and the Republicans in America?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)