|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
(b) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
(c) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
(d) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
2. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
3. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(a) The U.S.
(c) The semi-developed nations.
(d) The underdeveloped nations.
4. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a selected truth.
(b) As a proven truth.
(c) As a general truth.
(d) As a discovered truth.
5. Who do lobbyists work for?
(a) The businesses.
(b) The public.
(c) The individual.
(d) The special-interest groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
2. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
3. The existence of the military draft, according to the author, is the epitome of what?
4. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
5. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meaning does the author give to the idea that public interest supersedes private interests and rights?
2. When talking about political views in today's world, what is the question to ask?
3. How does the author see the conflict between the Democrats and the Republicans in America?
4. What does the pope's encyclical say about work?
5. When do countries not engage in wars?
6. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
7. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
8. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
9. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
10. Who comes and helps the students protest in Berkeley in 1964?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)