|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
2. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
3. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
(d) New Jersey.
4. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
5. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
(a) A warmonger.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A slave owner.
(d) An elitist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
2. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
3. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
4. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
5. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
2. What do the French businessmen say is the best thing the king could do for them?
3. What is the reason, according to the author, that capitalism is having trouble sustaining itself?
4. How does the author see the conflict between the Democrats and the Republicans in America?
5. What do Republicans and Democrats claim about their side in the fight to save civilization?
6. When do countries not engage in wars?
7. What does the debate at the Republican National Convention over the John Birch Society calling Eisenhower a Communist create?
8. In the "Is Atlas Shrugging?" chapter, the author asks what question about the novel "Atlas Shrugged"?
9. What is idealistic hypocrisy, according to Brown?
10. What does taxation do to the marketplace?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)