|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
(a) Growth and sales.
(b) Trade and growth.
(c) Production and sales.
(d) Trade and production.
2. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
(b) Parliamentary systems.
3. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
(a) The taxpayers.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The scapegoats.
(d) The elite.
4. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
(a) Absolute power.
(b) Excessive power.
(c) Arbitrary power.
(d) Diminshed power.
5. The government established by the Founding Fathers is based on theories that began with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is protection of the consumer by the government, it lessens the efforts of the firm to provide protection through ________.
2. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
3. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
4. Who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
5. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
2. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
3. What problems do the airwaves run into in the beginning of radio?
4. What is the Homestead Act?
5. How does a government protect its citizens?
6. How does government involvement help cause the Great Depression?
7. What does the author believe about the disintegration of philosophy?
8. What is a coercive monopoly?
9. How would the consumer be protected in a true capitalist market?
10. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)