|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
2. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The subsidies.
(b) The economy.
(c) The market.
(d) The government.
3. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
(a) Restrictions of trade.
(c) The economy.
4. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
5. How does government regulation, according to the author, try to protect the consumer?
(a) Through force and fear.
(b) Through patents and trademarks.
(c) Through elimination of competition.
(d) Through quality control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
2. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
3. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
4. What does the term "evils of monopoly" refer to?
5. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
2. What does capitalism do to the standard of living?
3. What does the author believe about the disintegration of philosophy?
4. What is the study of political economy?
5. What are the first labor laws concerning factories about?
6. How is intellectual property different than physical property?
7. What does Branden claim is a fallacy of Marxism?
8. How does gold flow through the international system?
9. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
10. Why are people terrified of war, according to the author?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)