|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government established by the Founding Fathers is based on theories that began with whom?
2. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
(a) Take a lot of financial aid from the government.
(b) Never receive financial aid from the government.
(c) Repay their financial aid from the government.
(d) Allow the government to completely fund the projects.
3. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
4. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
5. During the Industrial Revolution, where do many children find jobs?
(a) In factories.
(b) In stores.
(c) In restaurants.
(d) In homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. One cost of union negotiated wages, according to the author, is what?
2. When there are _____ ______, firms with good reputations are treated exactly like firms with bad reputations.
3. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
4. Who does the author say would earn more money than Einstein?
5. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are businessmen persecuted?
2. How does government regulation purport to protect the consumer?
3. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
4. What are patents and copyrights?
5. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
6. How is intellectual property different than physical property?
7. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
8. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
9. What does Branden claim is a fallacy of Marxism?
10. How does a government protect its citizens?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)