|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is J.J. Hill?
(a) A government official.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A government regulator.
(d) A developer.
2. Intellectual property may end up in the public _____ but it does not become public property.
3. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
4. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
(a) Fair trade.
(b) Restricted economies.
(c) Controlled economies.
(d) Restrained trade.
5. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A shortage of bank reserves.
(b) A recession.
(c) A shortage of interest reserves.
(d) A depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
2. What is trade without any barriers known as?
3. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
4. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
5. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
Short Essay Questions
1. In the "Is Atlas Shrugging?" chapter, the author asks what question about the novel "Atlas Shrugged"?
2. What does A.D. Neale think about U.S. antitrust laws?
3. What does capitalism do to the standard of living?
4. Why, according to the author, do many less-developed countries hate the U.S.?
5. What should the governments of free countries protect?
6. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
7. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
8. What is the theme of "Atlas Shrugged"?
9. What are patents and copyrights?
10. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)