|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
(a) Factory help.
(c) Chimney sweeps.
(d) Cooks and servers.
2. The term "evils of monopoly" refers to a situation in which the monopolist is completely ______ of the market.
(a) In control.
3. Who is J.J. Hill?
(a) A government regulator.
(b) A government official.
(c) A developer.
(d) A businessman.
4. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
(a) A.D. Gershwin.
(b) A.D. Foster.
(c) A.D. Brookings.
(d) A.D. Neale.
5. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
2. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
3. What do the courts protect?
4. Who is the author of this book?
5. What is one function of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does government regulation purport to protect the consumer?
2. What should the governments of free countries protect?
3. What is the Homestead Act?
4. How does gold flow through the international system?
5. What does Greenspan think of U.S. antitrust laws?
6. What are pre-capitalist societies based on?
7. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
8. How are businessmen persecuted?
9. What is the gold standard?
10. What is a coercive monopoly?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)