|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
(a) Parliamentary systems.
2. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
3. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) In the brothels.
(b) In the factories.
(c) In the streets.
(d) By working from home.
4. What is one function of money?
(a) A means of processing.
(b) A means of accounting.
(c) A means of saving.
(d) A means of wealth.
5. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
2. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
3. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
4. Intellectual property may end up in the public _____ but it does not become public property.
5. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
2. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
3. What should the governments of free countries protect?
4. What is a coercive monopoly?
5. What are patents and copyrights?
6. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
7. What does the author believe about the disintegration of philosophy?
8. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
9. How does government regulation purport to protect the consumer?
10. How does a government protect its citizens?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)