|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) In the brothels.
(b) By working from home.
(c) In the streets.
(d) In the factories.
2. The author believes that capitalism cannot function with what?
(b) Individual rights.
(d) Uneducated workers.
3. What do the courts protect?
(b) Labor unions.
4. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
(a) Fair trade.
(b) Restricted economies.
(c) Controlled economies.
(d) Restrained trade.
5. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
(a) A stable economic country.
(b) An expansionist economic country.
(c) The capital market.
(d) A high-interest-rate country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the railroads subsidized?
2. Who is J.J. Hill?
3. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
4. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
5. How many keystones are there to capitalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is banking controlled when the system is based on gold?
2. What does the author believe about the disintegration of philosophy?
3. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
4. Why are people terrified of war, according to the author?
5. How does the existence of money help people?
6. What is the gold standard?
7. What are the first labor laws concerning factories about?
8. What are patents and copyrights?
9. How does government regulation purport to protect the consumer?
10. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)