|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the keystones of capitalism?
2. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
3. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Government assistance to the railroads.
(b) Failure of the railroads.
(c) Railroad monopolies.
(d) Corruption in the railroads.
4. What is the name that the nobility, and the king, use to describe people who are considered property?
5. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
(a) Coastal Pacific.
(b) Western Pacific.
(c) Main Pacific.
(d) Central Pacific.
Short Answer Questions
1. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
2. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
3. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
4. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
5. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are businessmen persecuted?
2. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
3. What is a coercive monopoly?
4. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
5. What does Branden believe causes depressions?
6. How does a government protect its citizens?
7. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
8. What does the author believe happens if a nation doesn't respect the rights of its citizens?
9. What is the concept of man that underlies statism?
10. What do the businessmen take the blame for in the case of the Central Pacific Railroad?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)