|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
2. During the Industrial Revolution, where do many children find jobs?
(a) In homes.
(b) In restaurants.
(c) In factories.
(d) In stores.
3. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
(a) The economy.
(b) Restrictions of trade.
4. What is one example, according to the author, of how property rights can be established?
(a) The Homestead Act.
(b) The Western Settlers Act.
(c) The Settlement Act.
(d) The Gold Rush Act.
5. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
(a) Local businessmen.
(b) Small businessmen.
(c) American businessmen.
(d) Foreign businessmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say would earn more money than Einstein?
2. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
3. What does the author blame for crises and depressions in capitalism?
4. What is one of the keystones of capitalism?
5. Who is J.J. Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Branden claim is a fallacy of Marxism?
2. What is the study of political economy?
3. How does a government protect its citizens?
4. What does Branden believe causes depressions?
5. What problems do the airwaves run into in the beginning of radio?
6. How does Alan Greenspan describe a business world with antitrust laws?
7. What is the gold standard?
8. What does Greenspan think of U.S. antitrust laws?
9. How do most political economists approach their study of man?
10. What are pre-capitalist societies based on?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)