|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Securities market.
(b) Stock market.
(c) Capital market.
(d) Growth market.
2. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
(a) Coastal Pacific.
(b) Central Pacific.
(c) Western Pacific.
(d) Main Pacific.
3. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
(a) The capital market.
(b) An expansionist economic country.
(c) A high-interest-rate country.
(d) A stable economic country.
4. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the end of World War I.
(b) At the end of World War II.
(c) At the beginning of World War II.
(d) At the beginning of World War I.
5. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
2. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
3. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
4. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
5. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first labor laws concerning children about?
2. How does the existence of money help people?
3. What is a coercive monopoly?
4. What are pre-capitalist societies based on?
5. What is the Homestead Act?
6. What are the first labor laws concerning factories about?
7. How is banking controlled when the system is based on gold?
8. What problems do the airwaves run into in the beginning of radio?
9. What role do land grants play in railroad construction?
10. What do the peace proponents believe about force?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)