|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
2. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
3. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(a) Changing their minds.
4. Who is Erich Fromm?
(a) A sociologist and author.
(b) A mediator and author.
(c) A lawyer and author.
(d) A psychologist and author.
5. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The business associations.
(b) The government.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The banks.
6. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a discovered truth.
(b) As a general truth.
(c) As a selected truth.
(d) As a proven truth.
7. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Platus VI.
(b) Pope Pius VI.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) Pope Peter VI.
8. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The more evil or irrational entity.
(b) The entity with the most power.
(c) The most rational entity.
(d) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
9. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
(a) Faith in God.
(b) Belief in mankind.
(c) Faith in society.
(d) The rise of the individual.
10. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
(b) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
(c) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
(d) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
11. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
12. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
13. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
14. What does the author believe is the basis for a mixed economy?
15. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
Short Answer Questions
1. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
2. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
3. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
4. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
5. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)