|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
2. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
3. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Peaceful warfare.
(b) Gang warfare.
(c) Meaningless warfare.
(d) Scientific warfare.
4. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
5. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed economy.
(b) A mixed socialism.
(c) A mixed system.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
6. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
7. Which president does the author compare to a French minister?
(a) President Franklin.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) President Monroe.
(d) President Johnson.
8. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
9. Who do lobbyists work for?
(a) The individual.
(b) The special-interest groups.
(c) The businesses.
(d) The public.
10. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
11. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
12. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(c) Capital markets.
13. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
(a) Lack of moral grounding.
(b) The professors.
(c) Modern philosophy.
(d) Modern sociology.
14. The existence of the military draft, according to the author, is the epitome of what?
(b) Lack of freedom.
15. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
2. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
3. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
4. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
5. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)