|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
2. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
3. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
4. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(a) Changing their minds.
5. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being influenced by rational entities.
(b) By being dominant of rational entities.
(c) By being associated with rational entities.
(d) By being subservant to rational entities.
6. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral obscenity.
(b) Moral force.
(c) Moral corruption.
(d) Moral coercion.
7. Who is Erich Fromm?
(a) A lawyer and author.
(b) A mediator and author.
(c) A psychologist and author.
(d) A sociologist and author.
8. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
(a) Nathaniel Burgandy.
(b) Nathaniel Burmond.
(c) Nathaniel Branden.
(d) Nathaniel Brady.
9. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
10. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
11. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(b) The semi-developed nations.
(c) The underdeveloped nations.
(d) The U.S.
12. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
13. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
14. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
(a) Don't meddle with us.
(b) Leave us alone.
(c) Help us succeed.
(d) Leave us with ourselves.
15. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the period of McCarthyism?
2. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
3. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
4. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
5. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)