|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed economy.
(b) A mixed system.
(c) A mixed socialism.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
2. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(b) Capital markets.
3. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(c) Political science.
4. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
(a) The selfless entity.
(b) The rational entity.
(c) The more intelligent entity.
(d) The logical entity.
5. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Platus VI.
(b) Pope Pius VI.
(c) Pope Peter VI.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
6. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
7. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
8. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
9. Who are typical lobbyists?
10. Who is Erich Fromm?
(a) A lawyer and author.
(b) A sociologist and author.
(c) A mediator and author.
(d) A psychologist and author.
11. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Scientific warfare.
(b) Meaningless warfare.
(c) Peaceful warfare.
(d) Gang warfare.
12. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
13. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
14. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
15. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(a) The U.S.
(b) The underdeveloped nations.
(d) The semi-developed nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
2. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
3. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
4. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
5. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)