|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(b) In his own self-intrest.
(c) For the betterment of all.
2. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
(a) Regulation by the government.
(b) Coercion by the government.
(c) Tyranny of the government.
(d) Taxation by the government.
3. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
(c) New Jersey.
4. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
(a) The students.
(b) The chancellor.
(c) The protesters.
(d) The professors.
5. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
6. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
(a) Nathaniel Burmond.
(b) Nathaniel Burgandy.
(c) Nathaniel Branden.
(d) Nathaniel Brady.
7. Who is the governor of California when the protest at Berkeley in 1964 occurs?
8. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
9. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Rational actors.
(b) Selfish actors.
(c) Selfless actors.
(d) Irrational actors.
10. The existence of the military draft, according to the author, is the epitome of what?
(b) Lack of freedom.
11. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The government.
(b) The banks.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The business associations.
12. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
13. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
(a) A Communist.
(b) An elitist.
(c) A slave owner.
(d) A warmonger.
14. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a proven truth.
(b) As a general truth.
(c) As a discovered truth.
(d) As a selected truth.
15. Who are typical lobbyists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
2. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
3. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
4. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
5. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)