|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
2. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
3. Who are typical lobbyists?
4. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(b) In his own self-intrest.
(d) For the betterment of all.
5. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
6. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The banks.
(c) The government.
(d) The business associations.
7. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
8. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
9. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
(a) The high cost.
(b) The lack of motivation.
(c) The lack of volunteers.
(d) The amount of training needed.
10. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
11. How long is the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
12. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
13. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
14. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
15. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(a) Political science.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
2. The author believes that the _______ of man is responsible for production and prosperity.
3. How does the author refer to a principle?
4. Which president does the author compare to a French minister?
5. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)