|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
(a) Tyranny of the government.
(b) Coercion by the government.
(c) Taxation by the government.
(d) Regulation by the government.
2. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
3. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The international market.
(b) The domestic product.
(c) The international trade of silk.
(d) The domestic economy.
4. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Gang warfare.
(b) Peaceful warfare.
(c) Meaningless warfare.
(d) Scientific warfare.
5. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
(b) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
(c) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
(d) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
6. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
(a) An elitist.
(b) A warmonger.
(c) A slave owner.
(d) A Communist.
7. Who is Erich Fromm?
(a) A sociologist and author.
(b) A lawyer and author.
(c) A psychologist and author.
(d) A mediator and author.
8. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
9. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral force.
(b) Moral obscenity.
(c) Moral corruption.
(d) Moral coercion.
10. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Selfish actors.
(b) Selfless actors.
(c) Irrational actors.
(d) Rational actors.
11. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
12. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most altruism.
(b) The man with the most knowledge.
(c) The man with the most power.
(d) The man with the most consistent behavior.
13. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
(a) Brain-drain in France.
(b) Brain-drain in Great Britain.
(c) Brain-drain in Spain.
(d) Brain-drain in Germany.
14. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
(a) The rise of the individual.
(b) Faith in God.
(c) Faith in society.
(d) Belief in mankind.
15. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being subservant to rational entities.
(b) By being dominant of rational entities.
(c) By being influenced by rational entities.
(d) By being associated with rational entities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do lobbyists work for?
2. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
3. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
4. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
5. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)