|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
2. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) National interest.
(b) Social interest.
(c) Pressing interest.
(d) Public interest.
3. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The business associations.
(b) The banks.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The government.
4. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed socialism.
(b) A mixed economy.
(c) A mixed system.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Free people.
(b) Visions of the future or goals.
(c) Rights of the individual.
(d) Driven people.
6. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
7. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral obscenity.
(b) Moral force.
(c) Moral corruption.
(d) Moral coercion.
8. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(a) Changing their minds.
9. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
10. The author believes that the _______ of man is responsible for production and prosperity.
(b) Hard work.
11. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
12. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Freedom of rights.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) Political freedom.
(d) Individual freedom.
13. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
14. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(a) The semi-developed nations.
(c) The U.S.
(d) The underdeveloped nations.
15. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
2. What is the name of the philosopher who introduces the concept of alienation?
3. What does the author believe is the basis for a mixed economy?
4. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
5. Who is Erich Fromm?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)