|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
2. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Political freedom.
(c) Individual freedom.
(d) Freedom of rights.
3. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
(a) A slave owner.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A warmonger.
(d) An elitist.
4. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
(a) Brain-drain in Great Britain.
(b) Brain-drain in France.
(c) Brain-drain in Germany.
(d) Brain-drain in Spain.
5. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed system.
(b) A mixed socialism.
(c) A mixed economy.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
6. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
(b) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
(c) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
(d) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
7. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
8. Who visits the United States and declares that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven?
9. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
(a) The high cost.
(b) The lack of volunteers.
(c) The lack of motivation.
(d) The amount of training needed.
10. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(d) Political science.
11. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
(a) Man's mistakes.
(b) Man's self-sacrifice.
(c) Man's ideas.
(d) Man's work.
12. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
13. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) National interest.
(b) Pressing interest.
(c) Social interest.
(d) Public interest.
14. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Pius VI.
(b) Pope Platus VI.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) Pope Peter VI.
15. Who are typical lobbyists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
2. What is the name of the philosopher who introduces the concept of alienation?
3. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
4. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
5. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)