|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(c) Changing their minds.
2. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
3. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
(a) The selfless entity.
(b) The rational entity.
(c) The more intelligent entity.
(d) The logical entity.
4. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Driven people.
(b) Free people.
(c) Visions of the future or goals.
(d) Rights of the individual.
5. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
6. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
7. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(b) Capital markets.
8. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Pius VI.
(b) Pope Platus VI.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) Pope Peter VI.
9. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being influenced by rational entities.
(b) By being dominant of rational entities.
(c) By being associated with rational entities.
(d) By being subservant to rational entities.
10. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
11. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
(a) The lack of motivation.
(b) The lack of volunteers.
(c) The high cost.
(d) The amount of training needed.
12. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(b) In his own self-intrest.
(d) For the betterment of all.
13. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
14. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Political freedom.
(b) Individual freedom.
(c) Freedom of rights.
(d) Freedom of speech.
15. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(a) The U.S.
(b) The underdeveloped nations.
(c) The semi-developed nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
2. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
3. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
4. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
5. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)