|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed economy.
(b) A mixed capitalism.
(c) A mixed socialism.
(d) A mixed system.
2. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
(a) Leave us with ourselves.
(b) Help us succeed.
(c) Don't meddle with us.
(d) Leave us alone.
3. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(a) Political science.
4. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
5. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Political freedom.
(b) Individual freedom.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Freedom of rights.
6. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
7. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
8. When is the period of McCarthyism?
9. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
10. The author believes that the _______ of man is responsible for production and prosperity.
(d) Hard work.
11. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The international trade of silk.
(b) The international market.
(c) The domestic product.
(d) The domestic economy.
12. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
13. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral corruption.
(b) Moral obscenity.
(c) Moral coercion.
(d) Moral force.
14. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
15. Who are typical lobbyists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the governor of California when the protest at Berkeley in 1964 occurs?
2. Who is Erich Fromm?
3. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
4. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
5. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)