|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(d) Political science.
2. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
3. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
4. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being associated with rational entities.
(b) By being influenced by rational entities.
(c) By being subservant to rational entities.
(d) By being dominant of rational entities.
5. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
6. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
7. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
8. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
(a) Man's mistakes.
(b) Man's self-sacrifice.
(c) Man's ideas.
(d) Man's work.
9. Which president does the author compare to a French minister?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Monroe.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) President Franklin.
10. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
11. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The banks.
(b) The government.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The business associations.
12. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
13. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(d) Changing their minds.
14. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
15. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
(a) Nathaniel Brady.
(b) Nathaniel Burmond.
(c) Nathaniel Burgandy.
(d) Nathaniel Branden.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
2. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
3. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
4. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
5. Who is Erich Fromm?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)