|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
2. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most altruism.
(b) The man with the most power.
(c) The man with the most knowledge.
(d) The man with the most consistent behavior.
3. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The domestic product.
(b) The international market.
(c) The domestic economy.
(d) The international trade of silk.
4. Who is Erich Fromm?
(a) A sociologist and author.
(b) A mediator and author.
(c) A psychologist and author.
(d) A lawyer and author.
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Driven people.
(b) Free people.
(c) Rights of the individual.
(d) Visions of the future or goals.
6. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(c) Political science.
7. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Political freedom.
(c) Freedom of rights.
(d) Individual freedom.
8. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
9. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
10. When is the period of McCarthyism?
11. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
12. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a discovered truth.
(b) As a general truth.
(c) As a proven truth.
(d) As a selected truth.
13. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
(b) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
(c) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
(d) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
14. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being dominant of rational entities.
(b) By being subservant to rational entities.
(c) By being influenced by rational entities.
(d) By being associated with rational entities.
15. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are typical lobbyists?
2. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
3. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
4. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
5. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)