|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
(a) Tyranny of the government.
(b) Regulation by the government.
(c) Coercion by the government.
(d) Taxation by the government.
2. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
3. The author believes that when smears take place, they are generally aimed at what?
(a) Political campaigns.
(b) Beliefs in values or principles.
(d) Religious beliefs.
4. Who visits the United States and declares that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven?
5. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(a) For the betterment of all.
(b) In his own self-intrest.
6. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
(a) Faith in God.
(b) Belief in mankind.
(c) The rise of the individual.
(d) Faith in society.
7. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
(a) The students.
(b) The chancellor.
(c) The protesters.
(d) The professors.
8. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
9. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral corruption.
(b) Moral force.
(c) Moral obscenity.
(d) Moral coercion.
10. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
11. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Peaceful warfare.
(b) Meaningless warfare.
(c) Gang warfare.
(d) Scientific warfare.
12. Who are typical lobbyists?
13. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most power.
(b) The man with the most knowledge.
(c) The man with the most altruism.
(d) The man with the most consistent behavior.
14. How long is the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six days.
15. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a selected truth.
(b) As a discovered truth.
(c) As a general truth.
(d) As a proven truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the period of McCarthyism?
2. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
3. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
4. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
5. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)