|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(d) Capital markets.
2. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
3. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
4. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Free people.
(b) Driven people.
(c) Visions of the future or goals.
(d) Rights of the individual.
6. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
7. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
8. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
9. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
10. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a general truth.
(b) As a selected truth.
(c) As a proven truth.
(d) As a discovered truth.
11. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
(b) The more evil or irrational entity.
(c) The most rational entity.
(d) The entity with the most power.
12. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
(a) Guild socialism.
13. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
14. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
15. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Irrational actors.
(b) Selfish actors.
(c) Rational actors.
(d) Selfless actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
2. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
3. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
4. The existence of the military draft, according to the author, is the epitome of what?
5. Who is Erich Fromm?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)