|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
2. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
3. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
4. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
5. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Rational actors.
(b) Selfish actors.
(c) Irrational actors.
(d) Selfless actors.
6. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
(a) Nathaniel Burgandy.
(b) Nathaniel Branden.
(c) Nathaniel Brady.
(d) Nathaniel Burmond.
7. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
8. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(b) In his own self-intrest.
(c) For the betterment of all.
9. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being subservant to rational entities.
(b) By being dominant of rational entities.
(c) By being associated with rational entities.
(d) By being influenced by rational entities.
10. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
(a) The selfless entity.
(b) The rational entity.
(c) The logical entity.
(d) The more intelligent entity.
11. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her power.
(c) Her success.
(d) Her beliefs.
12. Who are typical lobbyists?
13. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
(d) Guild socialism.
14. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
15. Who do lobbyists work for?
(a) The businesses.
(b) The public.
(c) The individual.
(d) The special-interest groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
2. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
3. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
4. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
5. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)