|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
(a) Four days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
2. Who do lobbyists work for?
(a) The public.
(b) The businesses.
(c) The individual.
(d) The special-interest groups.
3. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
(a) Man's ideas.
(b) Man's work.
(c) Man's mistakes.
(d) Man's self-sacrifice.
4. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
5. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
6. William Petersen is a professor of what?
(b) Political science.
7. When is the period of McCarthyism?
8. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) Social interest.
(b) Pressing interest.
(c) National interest.
(d) Public interest.
9. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
(a) Brain-drain in Spain.
(b) Brain-drain in Great Britain.
(c) Brain-drain in Germany.
(d) Brain-drain in France.
10. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Selfless actors.
(b) Selfish actors.
(c) Rational actors.
(d) Irrational actors.
11. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
(a) Regulation by the government.
(b) Coercion by the government.
(c) Tyranny of the government.
(d) Taxation by the government.
12. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
(b) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
(c) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
(d) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
13. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
14. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
15. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
(a) Her success.
(b) Her strength.
(c) Her power.
(d) Her beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
2. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
3. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
4. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
5. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)