|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Peaceful warfare.
(b) Gang warfare.
(c) Scientific warfare.
(d) Meaningless warfare.
2. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
3. Who do lobbyists work for?
(a) The public.
(b) The individual.
(c) The special-interest groups.
(d) The businesses.
4. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed system.
(b) A mixed economy.
(c) A mixed socialism.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
5. What is the name of the philosopher who introduces the concept of alienation?
6. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
7. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
(a) Rich nations have a duty to help poor nations.
(b) Rich nations should be equitable when helping poor nations.
(c) Rich nations need to help poor nations so that all humans are equal.
(d) Rich nations should help poor nations because it is fair.
8. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
(a) The high cost.
(b) The lack of volunteers.
(c) The lack of motivation.
(d) The amount of training needed.
9. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Pius VI.
(b) Pope Peter VI.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) Pope Platus VI.
10. The author believes that when smears take place, they are generally aimed at what?
(a) Religious beliefs.
(c) Beliefs in values or principles.
(d) Political campaigns.
11. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being subservant to rational entities.
(b) By being associated with rational entities.
(c) By being dominant of rational entities.
(d) By being influenced by rational entities.
12. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
13. The existence of the military draft, according to the author, is the epitome of what?
(a) Lack of freedom.
14. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
(a) New Jersey.
15. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a selected truth.
(b) As a proven truth.
(c) As a discovered truth.
(d) As a general truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
2. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
3. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
4. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
5. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)