|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) Public interest.
(b) Social interest.
(c) Pressing interest.
(d) National interest.
2. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Pius VI.
(b) Pope Paul VI.
(c) Pope Peter VI.
(d) Pope Platus VI.
3. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Free people.
(b) Driven people.
(c) Visions of the future or goals.
(d) Rights of the individual.
6. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
7. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
8. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
(a) The lack of motivation.
(b) The lack of volunteers.
(c) The high cost.
(d) The amount of training needed.
9. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
10. Who wins the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
(a) The students.
(b) The professors.
(c) The protesters.
(d) The chancellor.
11. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(a) Changing their minds.
12. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(d) Capital markets.
13. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed economy.
(b) A mixed capitalism.
(c) A mixed system.
(d) A mixed socialism.
14. When is the period of McCarthyism?
15. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
2. What is the theory behind the pope's encyclical?
3. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
4. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
5. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)