|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
2. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
(a) The more intelligent entity.
(b) The logical entity.
(c) The selfless entity.
(d) The rational entity.
3. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
4. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
5. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
6. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
7. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
8. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Selfless actors.
(b) Selfish actors.
(c) Irrational actors.
(d) Rational actors.
9. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
10. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Scientific warfare.
(b) Peaceful warfare.
(c) Gang warfare.
(d) Meaningless warfare.
11. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral corruption.
(b) Moral obscenity.
(c) Moral force.
(d) Moral coercion.
12. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
13. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The government.
(c) The business associations.
(d) The banks.
14. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
(a) Faith in society.
(b) Faith in God.
(c) Belief in mankind.
(d) The rise of the individual.
15. The author believes that when smears take place, they are generally aimed at what?
(b) Beliefs in values or principles.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Political campaigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
2. How long is the protest at Berkeley in 1964 over a strip of land?
3. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
4. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
5. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)