|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed economy.
(b) A mixed socialism.
(c) A mixed system.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
2. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
3. What does the author believe is the basis for a mixed economy?
4. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The government.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The business associations.
(d) The banks.
5. Who writes an encyclical that expresses contempt for capitalism?
(a) Pope Peter VI.
(b) Pope Pius VI.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) Pope Platus VI.
6. When government sets the objectives to be obtained, then it becomes what type of state?
7. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
8. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
9. Who visits the United States and declares that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven?
10. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
(a) The lack of motivation.
(b) The amount of training needed.
(c) The lack of volunteers.
(d) The high cost.
11. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
(a) Lack of moral grounding.
(b) The professors.
(c) Modern sociology.
(d) Modern philosophy.
12. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Selfish actors.
(b) Selfless actors.
(c) Rational actors.
(d) Irrational actors.
13. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
(a) Man's self-sacrifice.
(b) Man's ideas.
(c) Man's work.
(d) Man's mistakes.
14. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
15. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
2. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
3. Who are typical lobbyists?
4. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
5. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)