|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Gang warfare.
(b) Meaningless warfare.
(c) Peaceful warfare.
(d) Scientific warfare.
2. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
3. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral obscenity.
(b) Moral coercion.
(c) Moral force.
(d) Moral corruption.
4. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Freedom of rights.
(b) Individual freedom.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Political freedom.
5. What is the name of the philosopher who introduces the concept of alienation?
6. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
7. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a proven truth.
(b) As a general truth.
(c) As a selected truth.
(d) As a discovered truth.
8. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
9. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
10. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
(a) Lack of moral grounding.
(b) Modern philosophy.
(c) Modern sociology.
(d) The professors.
11. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(c) Changing their minds.
12. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(b) Capital markets.
13. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
14. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
(a) National interest.
(b) Public interest.
(c) Pressing interest.
(d) Social interest.
15. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The domestic product.
(b) The international trade of silk.
(c) The international market.
(d) The domestic economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
2. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
3. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
4. Who is the governor of California when the protest at Berkeley in 1964 occurs?
5. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)