|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(c) In his own self-intrest.
(d) For the betterment of all.
2. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
(a) A warmonger.
(b) A slave owner.
(c) A Communist.
(d) An elitist.
3. Who is Erich Fromm?
(a) A mediator and author.
(b) A sociologist and author.
(c) A psychologist and author.
(d) A lawyer and author.
4. Who is the governor of California when the protest at Berkeley in 1964 occurs?
5. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
6. The author believes that the _______ of man is responsible for production and prosperity.
(b) Hard work.
7. When is the period of McCarthyism?
8. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(a) Capital markets.
9. Critics claim that FDR's New Deal programs were close to whose fascism?
10. What is the form of government that prevails in most of Latin America?
11. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
(a) Scientific warfare.
(b) Peaceful warfare.
(c) Gang warfare.
(d) Meaningless warfare.
12. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
13. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The domestic product.
(b) The international market.
(c) The domestic economy.
(d) The international trade of silk.
14. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
(a) Brain-drain in Great Britain.
(b) Brain-drain in Spain.
(c) Brain-drain in France.
(d) Brain-drain in Germany.
15. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(b) The underdeveloped nations.
(c) The semi-developed nations.
(d) The U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
2. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
3. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
4. In response to the claim that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven, the American answer is that the U.S. system is based on what?
5. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)