|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed system.
(b) A mixed socialism.
(c) A mixed economy.
(d) A mixed capitalism.
2. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
(d) Guild socialism.
3. From what point of view is the encyclical written?
4. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The business associations.
(b) The government.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The banks.
5. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
6. What is the name of the philosopher who introduces the concept of alienation?
7. Who is Erich Fromm?
(a) A lawyer and author.
(b) A mediator and author.
(c) A psychologist and author.
(d) A sociologist and author.
8. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The domestic product.
(b) The domestic economy.
(c) The international trade of silk.
(d) The international market.
9. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
(a) Individual freedom.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) Political freedom.
(d) Freedom of rights.
10. The author refers to the situation in which sacrifice is considered good and self-improvement is not as what?
(a) Moral obscenity.
(b) Moral corruption.
(c) Moral force.
(d) Moral coercion.
11. Who takes the concept of alienation and applies it to the worker?
12. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
(a) Capital markets.
13. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most consistent behavior.
(b) The man with the most knowledge.
(c) The man with the most altruism.
(d) The man with the most power.
14. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
15. Fromm believes that the feeling of being separate causes what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
2. What does the author believe that productive work generates?
3. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
4. The author believes that when smears take place, they are generally aimed at what?
5. What is one of the arguments against a volunteer army?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)