|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Stock market.
(b) Growth market.
(c) Securities market.
(d) Capital market.
2. What is another word for statism?
3. What does the term "evils of monopoly" refer to?
(a) Corrosive monopoly.
(b) Coercive monopoly.
(c) Coevasive monopoly.
(d) Corrupt monopoly.
4. What helps pull the U.S. out of the Great Depression?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) An economic expansion.
(c) World War II.
(d) Free trade.
5. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
6. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
7. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) Common denominator.
(b) Similar currency.
(c) National linkage.
(d) Easy standard.
8. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The government.
(b) The economy.
(c) The market.
(d) The subsidies.
9. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
(a) Local businessmen.
(b) Foreign businessmen.
(c) Small businessmen.
(d) American businessmen.
10. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(a) Primary aluminum.
(c) Aluminum alloy.
(d) Secondary aluminum.
11. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
(a) Entire populations.
(c) Peace proponents.
12. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
(a) Local wars.
(b) Area wars.
(c) Civil wars.
(d) World wars.
13. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
14. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
15. Patents apply to what?
(c) Theoretical knowledge.
(d) Personal information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one function of money?
2. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
3. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
4. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
5. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)