|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
2. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
(a) Human rights.
(b) Self-governance rights.
(c) Familial rights.
(d) Property rights.
3. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
(a) Robert Gallegar.
(b) Robert Hessen.
(c) Robert Lackser.
(d) Robert Fulgrough.
4. What is the name that the nobility, and the king, use to describe people who are considered property?
5. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
(a) Richard Fullerton.
(b) Theodore Huffington.
(c) Marcus Bludger.
(d) Alan Greenspan.
6. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
(a) "Monopolies and Trade."
(c) "Common Fallacies About Capitalism."
(d) "Common Truths About Capitalism."
7. The author feels that the only way to make the industry responsive to the market is to make the airwaves what?
(b) Bought and sold.
(d) Private property.
8. When there are _____ ______, firms with good reputations are treated exactly like firms with bad reputations.
(a) Quality control.
(b) Government regulations.
(c) Customer services.
(d) Market incentives.
9. Who is J.J. Hill?
(a) A government regulator.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A government official.
(d) A developer.
10. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
11. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
12. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Securities market.
(b) Stock market.
(c) Growth market.
(d) Capital market.
13. How many keystones are there to capitalism?
(b) Six .
14. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
(a) Central Pacific.
(b) Main Pacific.
(c) Coastal Pacific.
(d) Western Pacific.
15. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(a) Primary aluminum.
(b) Aluminum alloy.
(d) Secondary aluminum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for statism?
2. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
3. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
4. What kind of rights, according to the author, is the American system of government based on?
5. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)