|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one example, according to the author, of how property rights can be established?
(a) The Settlement Act.
(b) The Western Settlers Act.
(c) The Homestead Act.
(d) The Gold Rush Act.
2. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
(a) The author feels the government succeeds.
(b) The author feels the government needs to modify its approach.
(c) The author feels the government fails.
(d) The author feels the government does a good job.
3. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
(a) The betterment of himelf.
(b) The good of his family.
(c) The betterment of his situation.
(d) The good of society.
4. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and iron.
(b) Gold and silver.
(c) Gold and bronze.
(d) Gold and tin.
5. According to the author, what is the cause of the Great Depression?
(c) Isolationist policies.
(d) Government intervention.
6. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
7. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
(a) Secretary of the Interior.
(b) Secretary of Commerce.
(c) Secretary of Industry.
(d) Secretary of State.
8. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Anna Rand.
(b) Alena Rand.
(c) Annabelle Rand.
(d) Ayn Rand.
9. Branden says that, according to the statists, depressions are part of what?
(a) Government-controlled systems.
(b) Economic cycles.
(c) Free-market enterprises.
(d) Laissez-faire capitalism.
10. What do the courts protect?
(a) Labor unions.
11. How many keystones are there to capitalism?
(d) Six .
12. During the Industrial Revolution, where do many children find jobs?
(a) In homes.
(b) In factories.
(c) In stores.
(d) In restaurants.
13. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Government assistance to the railroads.
(b) Failure of the railroads.
(c) Railroad monopolies.
(d) Corruption in the railroads.
14. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
15. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
3. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
4. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
5. What is another word for statism?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)