|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
(a) Alan Greenspan.
(b) Arnod Greenspan.
(c) Arnold Greenspan.
(d) Alex Greenspan.
2. What is the name of the theory that states that good is embodied in various actions regardless of benefits and consequences?
(a) The subjectivist theory.
(b) The implication theory.
(c) The adherence theory.
(d) The intrinsic theory.
3. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
4. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
(a) Chimney sweeps.
(c) Cooks and servers.
(d) Factory help.
5. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
(a) Human rights.
(b) Property rights.
(c) Familial rights.
(d) Self-governance rights.
6. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
(a) The author feels the government needs to modify its approach.
(b) The author feels the government does a good job.
(c) The author feels the government succeeds.
(d) The author feels the government fails.
7. What is one of the keystones of capitalism?
8. According to the author, what is the cause of the Great Depression?
(a) Isolationist policies.
(d) Government intervention.
9. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Ayn Rand.
(b) Alena Rand.
(c) Annabelle Rand.
(d) Anna Rand.
10. Branden says that, according to the statists, depressions are part of what?
(a) Economic cycles.
(b) Laissez-faire capitalism.
(c) Free-market enterprises.
(d) Government-controlled systems.
11. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
(a) Trade and growth.
(b) Trade and production.
(c) Production and sales.
(d) Growth and sales.
12. What does Greenspan claim is the best protection for the consumer?
(a) Government regulation.
(b) A controlled economy.
(c) The profits of businessmen.
(d) Independent agencies.
13. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to own property.
(b) The right to use force.
(c) The right to negotiate.
(d) The right to sue.
14. What is the name that the nobility, and the king, use to describe people who are considered property?
15. The presence of regulation may make it harder to do what?
(a) Hide unethical behavior.
(b) Uncover unethical behavior.
(c) Announce ethical behavior.
(d) Reward ethical behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
3. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
4. The first labor laws aimed at children are enacted in what year?
5. What is one function of money?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)