|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
(a) "Monopolies and Trade."
(b) "Common Truths About Capitalism."
(d) "Common Fallacies About Capitalism."
2. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
3. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
(a) From Karl Marx.
(b) With capitalism.
(c) Through the Cultural Revolution.
(d) During feudalism.
4. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
(a) Local businessmen.
(b) American businessmen.
(c) Small businessmen.
(d) Foreign businessmen.
5. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
(a) Arnod Greenspan.
(b) Arnold Greenspan.
(c) Alan Greenspan.
(d) Alex Greenspan.
6. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
7. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
8. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(a) Primary aluminum.
(b) Aluminum alloy.
(c) Secondary aluminum.
9. In a free market, economic power is determined by what?
(a) Supply and demand.
(b) Price and wages.
10. Branden says that, according to the statists, depressions are part of what?
(a) Laissez-faire capitalism.
(b) Free-market enterprises.
(c) Economic cycles.
(d) Government-controlled systems.
11. How is man viewed in tribal European culture?
(a) As free of the whole.
(b) As part of the whole.
(c) As independent of the whole.
(d) As subjected to the will of the whole.
12. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
13. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) In the brothels.
(b) In the streets.
(c) By working from home.
(d) In the factories.
14. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Mob rule.
(b) Elitist rule.
(c) Dictator rule.
(d) Gang rule.
15. When the investors realize they have a problem and they all try to get out of the market, what results?
(a) Panic selling.
(b) Panic buying.
(c) Pulling capital.
(d) Staying put.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
2. What helps pull the U.S. out of the Great Depression?
3. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
4. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
5. The author believes that as long as capital can flow freely, it will flow where?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)