|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that as long as capital can flow freely, it will flow where?
(a) To the situation that is best for mankind.
(b) To the situation that is best for society.
(c) To where it earns the highest rate of return.
(d) To where it is needed the most.
2. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for monopolies.
(b) Sacrifice for money.
(c) Sacrifice for the government.
(d) Sacrifice for the common good.
3. When there is protection of the consumer by the government, it lessens the efforts of the firm to provide protection through ________.
4. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
(a) The author feels the government does a good job.
(b) The author feels the government needs to modify its approach.
(c) The author feels the government succeeds.
(d) The author feels the government fails.
5. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and bronze.
(b) Gold and iron.
(c) Gold and tin.
(d) Gold and silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the chapter on "Alienation"?
2. What is one function of money?
3. What do the courts protect?
4. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
5. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)