|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do liberals and conservatives, according to the author, agree that there is a fight to save?
2. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
(a) The author feels the government fails.
(b) The author feels the government needs to modify its approach.
(c) The author feels the government does a good job.
(d) The author feels the government succeeds.
3. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
(a) A slave owner.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A warmonger.
(d) An elitist.
4. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
(a) Property rights.
(b) Human rights.
(c) Familial rights.
(d) Self-governance rights.
5. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to negotiate.
(b) The right to use force.
(c) The right to sue.
(d) The right to own property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
2. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
3. What kind of rights, according to the author, is the American system of government based on?
4. What does the author believe is the basis for a mixed economy?
5. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)