|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the beginning of World War I.
(b) At the beginning of World War II.
(c) At the end of World War II.
(d) At the end of World War I.
2. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(b) Mergers and acquisitions.
(c) Price fixing.
(d) Labor abuse.
3. Branden says that, according to the statists, depressions are part of what?
(a) Free-market enterprises.
(b) Government-controlled systems.
(c) Economic cycles.
(d) Laissez-faire capitalism.
4. Who visits the United States and declares that the superiority of communism is scientifically proven?
5. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) National linkage.
(b) Common denominator.
(c) Similar currency.
(d) Easy standard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
2. According to classical economics, what is the basis of competition?
3. The author believes that when the ban on physical force is breached, then there is no what?
4. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
5. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)