|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
(a) Western Pacific.
(b) Coastal Pacific.
(c) Main Pacific.
(d) Central Pacific.
2. Who is J.J. Hill?
(a) A developer.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A government regulator.
(d) A government official.
3. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
(a) Trade and growth.
(b) Trade and production.
(c) Growth and sales.
(d) Production and sales.
4. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Represent the worker to the employer.
(b) Raise the cost of production.
(c) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(d) Raise the benefits to the worker.
5. Who are typical lobbyists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for statism?
2. When there is protection of the consumer by the government, it lessens the efforts of the firm to provide protection through ________.
3. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
4. Branden says that, according to the statists, depressions are part of what?
5. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)