|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
(b) Parliamentary systems.
2. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The government.
(b) The subsidies.
(c) The economy.
(d) The market.
3. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(b) Represent the worker to the employer.
(c) Raise the cost of production.
(d) Raise the benefits to the worker.
4. When is the period of McCarthyism?
5. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
2. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
3. The author feels that the only way to make the industry responsive to the market is to make the airwaves what?
4. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
5. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)