|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for money.
(b) Sacrifice for the common good.
(c) Sacrifice for monopolies.
(d) Sacrifice for the government.
2. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to use force.
(b) The right to negotiate.
(c) The right to own property.
(d) The right to sue.
3. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
4. What do patents and copyright protect?
(a) Intellectual property.
(b) Scientific knowledge.
(c) Private property.
(d) Musical creations.
5. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
(a) A high-interest-rate country.
(b) A stable economic country.
(c) The capital market.
(d) An expansionist economic country.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
2. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
3. For the author, the Cold War is a type of what warfare?
4. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
5. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)