|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(a) Labor abuse.
(b) Mergers and acquisitions.
(d) Price fixing.
2. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
3. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Selfish actors.
(b) Irrational actors.
(c) Selfless actors.
(d) Rational actors.
4. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Government assistance to the railroads.
(b) Failure of the railroads.
(c) Corruption in the railroads.
(d) Railroad monopolies.
5. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
(a) To ease temporary reserve shortages.
(b) To limit the amount of currency in circulation.
(c) To create a national savings account.
(d) To create a spending account for the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
2. What do the courts protect?
3. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
4. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
5. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)