|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
(a) Restrained trade.
(b) Controlled economies.
(c) Fair trade.
(d) Restricted economies.
2. How are the railroads subsidized?
(a) Tax deductions.
(c) Land grants.
(d) Research-and-development deductions.
3. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
(a) Limited trade.
(c) Free trade.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
4. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) In the streets.
(b) By working from home.
(c) In the brothels.
(d) In the factories.
5. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
(a) Cooks and servers.
(c) Chimney sweeps.
(d) Factory help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are typical lobbyists?
2. When the author examines the situation in Viet Nam, the author reveals the belief that there is no _____ ______ for the U.S. there.
3. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
4. In a free market, economic power is determined by what?
5. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)