|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
2. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
3. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Rights of the individual.
(b) Free people.
(c) Visions of the future or goals.
(d) Driven people.
4. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Represent the worker to the employer.
(b) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(c) Raise the benefits to the worker.
(d) Raise the cost of production.
5. The author believes that as long as capital can flow freely, it will flow where?
(a) To the situation that is best for society.
(b) To where it earns the highest rate of return.
(c) To where it is needed the most.
(d) To the situation that is best for mankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
2. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
3. According to Fromm, what intensifies alienation?
4. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
5. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)