|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alienation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author feels that the only way to make the industry responsive to the market is to make the airwaves what?
(a) Bought and sold.
(b) Private property.
2. The author believes that capitalism cannot function with what?
(c) Individual rights.
(d) Uneducated workers.
3. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
4. What does the author blame for warping students' hopes and viewpoints?
(a) The professors.
(b) Lack of moral grounding.
(c) Modern sociology.
(d) Modern philosophy.
5. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
(a) Don't meddle with us.
(b) Leave us with ourselves.
(c) Leave us alone.
(d) Help us succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
2. The term "evils of monopoly" refers to a situation in which the monopolist is completely ______ of the market.
3. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
4. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
5. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)