|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) Easy standard.
(b) National linkage.
(c) Common denominator.
(d) Similar currency.
2. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Growth market.
(b) Capital market.
(c) Stock market.
(d) Securities market.
3. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
(a) Cooks and servers.
(b) Chimney sweeps.
(d) Factory help.
4. The author feels that the only way to make the industry responsive to the market is to make the airwaves what?
(a) Private property.
(d) Bought and sold.
5. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
(a) A.D. Neale.
(b) A.D. Gershwin.
(c) A.D. Brookings.
(d) A.D. Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
2. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
3. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
4. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
5. Who do lobbyists work for?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)