|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the beginning of World War II.
(b) At the beginning of World War I.
(c) At the end of World War I.
(d) At the end of World War II.
2. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most knowledge.
(b) The man with the most power.
(c) The man with the most consistent behavior.
(d) The man with the most altruism.
3. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to own property.
(b) The right to negotiate.
(c) The right to use force.
(d) The right to sue.
4. According to the author, smears fall into the category known as what?
5. What does the author blame for crises and depressions in capitalism?
(a) Bad choices.
(b) Cyclical economies.
(c) Government interference.
(d) Allocation of resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
2. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
3. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
4. What does the term "evils of monopoly" refer to?
5. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)