|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many keystones are there to capitalism?
(c) Six .
2. What is the name of the theory that states that good is embodied in various actions regardless of benefits and consequences?
(a) The subjectivist theory.
(b) The intrinsic theory.
(c) The adherence theory.
(d) The implication theory.
3. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
(b) Delaware corporations code.
(c) Case law.
(d) Supreme Court decisions.
4. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
(a) They go bankrupt.
(b) They abuse their workers.
(c) They repay the investors.
(d) They prosper.
5. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. One cost of union negotiated wages, according to the author, is what?
2. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
3. What is one example, according to the author, of how property rights can be established?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. What kind of rights, according to the author, is the American system of government based on?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)