|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
(a) Man's ideas.
(b) Man's work.
(c) Man's self-sacrifice.
(d) Man's mistakes.
2. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
3. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
(a) Substandard construction.
(b) Well-done construction.
(c) Massive construction.
(d) Rapid construction.
4. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Corruption in the railroads.
(b) Failure of the railroads.
(c) Railroad monopolies.
(d) Government assistance to the railroads.
5. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
2. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
3. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
4. When there is protection of the consumer by the government, it lessens the efforts of the firm to provide protection through ________.
5. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)