|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
(a) They go bankrupt.
(b) They repay the investors.
(c) They prosper.
(d) They abuse their workers.
2. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Gang rule.
(b) Mob rule.
(c) Elitist rule.
(d) Dictator rule.
3. When Louis XIV rules, what kind of government does he have?
4. What does the author blame for crises and depressions in capitalism?
(a) Government interference.
(b) Bad choices.
(c) Allocation of resources.
(d) Cyclical economies.
5. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
(a) A high-interest-rate country.
(b) The capital market.
(c) An expansionist economic country.
(d) A stable economic country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
2. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
3. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
4. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
5. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)