|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
(a) A planned economy.
(c) A restrained-trade economy.
2. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Dictator rule.
(b) Elitist rule.
(c) Gang rule.
(d) Mob rule.
3. What does Greenspan claim is the best protection for the consumer?
(a) The profits of businessmen.
(b) Independent agencies.
(c) Government regulation.
(d) A controlled economy.
4. What does "laissez-nous faire" mean in English?
(a) Leave us alone.
(b) Help us succeed.
(c) Leave us with ourselves.
(d) Don't meddle with us.
5. The author believes that licensing the airwaves leads to what?
(b) Protection of the airwaves.
(c) Protection of the consumer.
(d) Free speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
2. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
3. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
4. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
5. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)