|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
2. The author believes that the _______ of man is responsible for production and prosperity.
(a) Hard work.
3. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and iron.
(b) Gold and tin.
(c) Gold and bronze.
(d) Gold and silver.
4. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for monopolies.
(b) Sacrifice for money.
(c) Sacrifice for the common good.
(d) Sacrifice for the government.
5. What do the courts protect?
(c) Labor unions.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Industrial Revolution, where do many children find jobs?
2. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
3. When is isolationism prevalent in the U.S.?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
5. What is one of the negatives that political power uses?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)