|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author feels that the only way to make the industry responsive to the market is to make the airwaves what?
(a) Private property.
(d) Bought and sold.
2. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
(a) They prosper.
(b) They repay the investors.
(c) They abuse their workers.
(d) They go bankrupt.
3. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
(a) Government interference.
(c) Altruistic principles.
(d) Open borders.
4. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
(a) During feudalism.
(b) With capitalism.
(c) From Karl Marx.
(d) Through the Cultural Revolution.
5. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) Similar currency.
(b) National linkage.
(c) Easy standard.
(d) Common denominator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does government regulation, according to the author, try to protect the consumer?
2. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
3. Copyrights apply to what?
4. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
5. The author believes that society today is headed toward what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)