|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The business associations.
(b) The banks.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The government.
2. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed economy.
(b) A mixed socialism.
(c) A mixed capitalism.
(d) A mixed system.
3. When the investors realize they have a problem and they all try to get out of the market, what results?
(a) Panic selling.
(b) Pulling capital.
(c) Panic buying.
(d) Staying put.
4. What is the first antitrust legislation?
(a) The Trump Act.
(b) The Taft Act.
(c) The Humphry Act.
(d) The Sherman Act.
5. Who do lobbyists work for?
(a) The individual.
(b) The public.
(c) The special-interest groups.
(d) The businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
2. Who are the second scapegoats in a statist society, according to the author?
3. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
4. Lobbying is the act of trying to influence whom?
5. In what type of system is property publicly owned and controlled?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)