|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Government assistance to the railroads.
(b) Corruption in the railroads.
(c) Failure of the railroads.
(d) Railroad monopolies.
2. According to the author, the conflict for liberals and conservatives is between the state and whom?
3. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
(a) Secretary of the Interior.
(b) Secretary of Industry.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Secretary of Commerce.
4. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A recession.
(b) A depression.
(c) A shortage of bank reserves.
(d) A shortage of interest reserves.
5. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed system.
(b) A mixed capitalism.
(c) A mixed economy.
(d) A mixed socialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
2. Who is J.J. Hill?
3. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
4. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
5. What does the John Birch Society call Eisenhower?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)