|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author refer to a principle?
(a) As a selected truth.
(b) As a proven truth.
(c) As a discovered truth.
(d) As a general truth.
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
(a) Small businessmen.
(b) Foreign businessmen.
(c) Local businessmen.
(d) American businessmen.
3. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
(a) Taxation by the government.
(b) Regulation by the government.
(c) Tyranny of the government.
(d) Coercion by the government.
4. McCarthyism is named for a senator from where?
(d) New Jersey.
5. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
(a) The author feels the government fails.
(b) The author feels the government does a good job.
(c) The author feels the government succeeds.
(d) The author feels the government needs to modify its approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
2. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
3. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
4. The author believes that the _______ of man is responsible for production and prosperity.
5. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)