|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The presence of regulation may make it harder to do what?
(a) Uncover unethical behavior.
(b) Hide unethical behavior.
(c) Announce ethical behavior.
(d) Reward ethical behavior.
2. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
(a) A.D. Neale.
(b) A.D. Brookings.
(c) A.D. Foster.
(d) A.D. Gershwin.
3. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
4. The first labor laws aimed at children are enacted in what year?
5. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
(a) The author feels the government does a good job.
(b) The author feels the government fails.
(c) The author feels the government succeeds.
(d) The author feels the government needs to modify its approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term "evils of monopoly" refers to a situation in which the monopolist is completely ______ of the market.
2. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
3. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
4. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
5. Who are typical lobbyists?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)