|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
(a) Fair trade.
(b) Restrained trade.
(c) Restricted economies.
(d) Controlled economies.
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
(a) Small businessmen.
(b) American businessmen.
(c) Foreign businessmen.
(d) Local businessmen.
3. According to the author, what is the cause of the Great Depression?
(a) Government intervention.
(c) Isolationist policies.
4. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
(a) The good of society.
(b) The betterment of himelf.
(c) The betterment of his situation.
(d) The good of his family.
5. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
2. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
3. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
4. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
5. What is trade without any barriers known as?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)