|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
(a) They abuse their workers.
(b) They go bankrupt.
(c) They prosper.
(d) They repay the investors.
2. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
(a) "Common Fallacies About Capitalism."
(b) "Monopolies and Trade."
(c) "Common Truths About Capitalism."
3. The existence of money promotes the division of what?
(a) Economic classes.
(b) Social classes.
4. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Gang rule.
(b) Dictator rule.
(c) Mob rule.
(d) Elitist rule.
5. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
(a) To ease temporary reserve shortages.
(b) To create a national savings account.
(c) To limit the amount of currency in circulation.
(d) To create a spending account for the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
2. What helps pull the U.S. out of the Great Depression?
3. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
4. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
5. How are the railroads subsidized?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)