|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and bronze.
(b) Gold and iron.
(c) Gold and tin.
(d) Gold and silver.
2. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) Similar currency.
(b) Easy standard.
(c) Common denominator.
(d) National linkage.
3. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
(a) Government actions.
4. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Growth market.
(b) Securities market.
(c) Capital market.
(d) Stock market.
5. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Failure of the railroads.
(b) Government assistance to the railroads.
(c) Corruption in the railroads.
(d) Railroad monopolies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
2. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
3. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
4. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
5. What do the courts protect?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)