|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
(b) "Common Truths About Capitalism."
(c) "Monopolies and Trade."
(d) "Common Fallacies About Capitalism."
2. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(b) Labor abuse.
(c) Price fixing.
(d) Mergers and acquisitions.
3. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
4. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
(a) During feudalism.
(b) With capitalism.
(c) From Karl Marx.
(d) Through the Cultural Revolution.
5. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
(a) Mandatory requirement.
(b) Absolute right.
(c) Essential element.
(d) Free gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
2. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
3. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
4. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
5. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)