|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The existence of money promotes the division of what?
(b) Social classes.
(c) Economic classes.
2. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Corruption in the railroads.
(b) Failure of the railroads.
(c) Government assistance to the railroads.
(d) Railroad monopolies.
3. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
(a) Factory help.
(b) Chimney sweeps.
(d) Cooks and servers.
4. In a free market, economic power is determined by what?
(a) Supply and demand.
(c) Price and wages.
5. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
(a) Restricted economies.
(b) Controlled economies.
(c) Fair trade.
(d) Restrained trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
2. What does the term "evils of monopoly" refer to?
3. What is the first antitrust legislation?
4. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
5. One cost of union negotiated wages, according to the author, is what?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)