|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Government assistance to the railroads.
(b) Failure of the railroads.
(c) Railroad monopolies.
(d) Corruption in the railroads.
2. What do the courts protect?
(a) Labor unions.
3. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
(a) Restrictions of trade.
(c) The economy.
4. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
5. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
Short Answer Questions
1. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
2. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
3. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
4. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
5. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)