|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Branden says that, according to the statists, depressions are part of what?
(a) Laissez-faire capitalism.
(b) Government-controlled systems.
(c) Free-market enterprises.
(d) Economic cycles.
2. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
(a) Case law.
(b) Delaware corporations code.
(d) Supreme Court decisions.
3. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
(a) Through the Cultural Revolution.
(b) During feudalism.
(c) From Karl Marx.
(d) With capitalism.
4. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
(a) Take a lot of financial aid from the government.
(b) Repay their financial aid from the government.
(c) Never receive financial aid from the government.
(d) Allow the government to completely fund the projects.
5. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
2. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
3. What is one of the negatives that political power uses?
4. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
5. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)