|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Industrial Revolution, where do many children find jobs?
(a) In factories.
(b) In restaurants.
(c) In homes.
(d) In stores.
2. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Growth market.
(b) Securities market.
(c) Stock market.
(d) Capital market.
3. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
4. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) Easy standard.
(b) Common denominator.
(c) Similar currency.
(d) National linkage.
5. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The market.
(b) The subsidies.
(c) The government.
(d) The economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
2. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
3. The existence of money promotes the division of what?
4. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
5. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)