|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term "evils of monopoly" refer to?
(a) Coercive monopoly.
(b) Corrupt monopoly.
(c) Corrosive monopoly.
(d) Coevasive monopoly.
2. The author believes that as long as capital can flow freely, it will flow where?
(a) To where it earns the highest rate of return.
(b) To where it is needed the most.
(c) To the situation that is best for society.
(d) To the situation that is best for mankind.
3. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
(c) A planned economy.
(d) A restrained-trade economy.
4. According to the author, what is the cause of the Great Depression?
(a) Isolationist policies.
(d) Government intervention.
5. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
(a) A.D. Gershwin.
(b) A.D. Brookings.
(c) A.D. Neale.
(d) A.D. Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
2. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
3. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
4. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
5. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)