|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The subsidies.
(b) The market.
(c) The economy.
(d) The government.
2. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the end of World War II.
(b) At the beginning of World War II.
(c) At the beginning of World War I.
(d) At the end of World War I.
4. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
(a) Area wars.
(b) Civil wars.
(c) Local wars.
(d) World wars.
5. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
(a) The good of society.
(b) The betterment of himelf.
(c) The betterment of his situation.
(d) The good of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
2. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
3. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
4. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
5. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)