|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Assault on Integrity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word for statism?
2. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
(a) Human rights.
(b) Property rights.
(c) Self-governance rights.
(d) Familial rights.
3. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
(a) Its price.
(b) Its independence.
(c) Its sellers.
(d) Its suppliers.
4. What helps pull the U.S. out of the Great Depression?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) Free trade.
(c) World War II.
(d) An economic expansion.
5. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
2. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
3. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
4. Branden says that, according to the statists, depressions are part of what?
5. What is trade without any barriers known as?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)