|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gold and Economic Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and tin.
(b) Gold and iron.
(c) Gold and bronze.
(d) Gold and silver.
2. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
(a) Through the Cultural Revolution.
(b) With capitalism.
(c) From Karl Marx.
(d) During feudalism.
3. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
(a) A stable economic country.
(b) An expansionist economic country.
(c) A high-interest-rate country.
(d) The capital market.
4. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
5. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
(c) Peace proponents.
(d) Entire populations.
Short Answer Questions
1. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
2. How are the railroads subsidized?
3. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
4. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
5. What do the courts protect?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)