|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gold and Economic Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Elitist rule.
(b) Gang rule.
(c) Mob rule.
(d) Dictator rule.
2. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Represent the worker to the employer.
(b) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(c) Raise the cost of production.
(d) Raise the benefits to the worker.
3. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) National linkage.
(b) Common denominator.
(c) Easy standard.
(d) Similar currency.
4. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
(a) The scapegoats.
(b) The elite.
(c) The taxpayers.
(d) The politicians.
5. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The economy.
(b) The market.
(c) The government.
(d) The subsidies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
2. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
3. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
4. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
5. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)