|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gold and Economic Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and tin.
(b) Gold and silver.
(c) Gold and iron.
(d) Gold and bronze.
2. What does political economy study?
(a) How capital resources are used.
(b) How all resources are used.
(c) How scarce resources are used.
(d) How economic resources are used.
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the beginning of World War I.
(b) At the beginning of World War II.
(c) At the end of World War II.
(d) At the end of World War I.
4. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Raise the benefits to the worker.
(b) Raise the cost of production.
(c) Represent the worker to the employer.
(d) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
5. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
(a) A.D. Gershwin.
(b) A.D. Brookings.
(c) A.D. Neale.
(d) A.D. Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
2. What is trade without any barriers known as?
3. Who is the author of this book?
4. What do the courts protect?
5. The author believes that as long as capital can flow freely, it will flow where?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)