|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gold and Economic Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
(a) To ease temporary reserve shortages.
(b) To limit the amount of currency in circulation.
(c) To create a national savings account.
(d) To create a spending account for the military.
2. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
(a) "Common Truths About Capitalism."
(c) "Common Fallacies About Capitalism."
(d) "Monopolies and Trade."
3. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
(a) The betterment of himelf.
(b) The good of society.
(c) The good of his family.
(d) The betterment of his situation.
4. What helps pull the U.S. out of the Great Depression?
(a) World War II.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) Free trade.
(d) An economic expansion.
5. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
3. What does the author blame for crises and depressions in capitalism?
4. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
5. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)