|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gold and Economic Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A shortage of bank reserves.
(b) A depression.
(c) A recession.
(d) A shortage of interest reserves.
2. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
(a) Parliamentary systems.
3. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
(a) Growth and sales.
(b) Production and sales.
(c) Trade and growth.
(d) Trade and production.
4. When the investors realize they have a problem and they all try to get out of the market, what results?
(a) Panic selling.
(b) Panic buying.
(c) Pulling capital.
(d) Staying put.
5. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Securities market.
(b) Growth market.
(c) Capital market.
(d) Stock market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is man viewed in tribal European culture?
2. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
3. What helps pull the U.S. out of the Great Depression?
4. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
5. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)