|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Antitrust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
(a) Restrained trade.
(b) Restricted economies.
(c) Fair trade.
(d) Controlled economies.
2. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
(a) Diminshed power.
(b) Absolute power.
(c) Arbitrary power.
(d) Excessive power.
3. What is one of the negatives that political power uses?
(a) Threat of imprisonment.
4. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to sue.
(b) The right to own property.
(c) The right to negotiate.
(d) The right to use force.
5. According to classical economics, what is the basis of competition?
(a) Producing and selling in a regulated system.
(b) Producing and selling in a down market.
(c) Producing and selling for profit.
(d) Producing and selling as much as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
2. How is man viewed in tribal European culture?
3. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
4. What is trade without any barriers known as?
5. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)