|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Antitrust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(a) Price fixing.
(c) Labor abuse.
(d) Mergers and acquisitions.
2. Who does the author say would earn more money than Einstein?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Donna Mae.
3. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
4. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
(a) World wars.
(b) Civil wars.
(c) Local wars.
(d) Area wars.
5. What do political economists assume that man is working for?
(a) The betterment of his situation.
(b) The good of his family.
(c) The good of society.
(d) The betterment of himelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
2. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
3. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
4. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
5. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)