Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
(a) Brain-drain in Germany.
(b) Brain-drain in Great Britain.
(c) Brain-drain in France.
(d) Brain-drain in Spain.
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
(a) Small businessmen.
(b) Local businessmen.
(c) Foreign businessmen.
(d) American businessmen.
3. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
(a) Cooks and servers.
(b) Chimney sweeps.
(d) Factory help.
4. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
(a) Government interference.
(b) Altruistic principles.
(c) Open borders.
5. Who is Louis XIV's chief adviser?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
2. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
3. What does Greenspan claim is the best protection for the consumer?
4. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
5. When there are _____ ______, firms with good reputations are treated exactly like firms with bad reputations.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)