|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
2. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
(a) Growth and sales.
(b) Trade and production.
(c) Trade and growth.
(d) Production and sales.
3. How does the author think the U.S. government does with creating property rights in airwaves?
(a) The author feels the government fails.
(b) The author feels the government does a good job.
(c) The author feels the government needs to modify its approach.
(d) The author feels the government succeeds.
4. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
(a) Robert Gallegar.
(b) Robert Hessen.
(c) Robert Lackser.
(d) Robert Fulgrough.
5. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for money.
(b) Sacrifice for monopolies.
(c) Sacrifice for the government.
(d) Sacrifice for the common good.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
2. The author believes that capitalism cannot function with what?
3. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
4. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
5. The first labor laws aimed at children are enacted in what year?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)