|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(a) In his own self-intrest.
(d) For the betterment of all.
2. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
(a) Failed experiement.
(b) Gross misinterpretation.
(c) Factual representation.
(d) Twisted understanding.
3. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most power.
(b) The man with the most altruism.
(c) The man with the most consistent behavior.
(d) The man with the most knowledge.
4. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
(a) Never receive financial aid from the government.
(b) Take a lot of financial aid from the government.
(c) Allow the government to completely fund the projects.
(d) Repay their financial aid from the government.
5. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to sue.
(b) The right to own property.
(c) The right to negotiate.
(d) The right to use force.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
2. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
3. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
4. The government established by the Founding Fathers is based on theories that began with whom?
5. Patents apply to what?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)