|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A recession.
(b) A shortage of interest reserves.
(c) A shortage of bank reserves.
(d) A depression.
2. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being influenced by rational entities.
(b) By being associated with rational entities.
(c) By being subservant to rational entities.
(d) By being dominant of rational entities.
3. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
(a) Excessive power.
(b) Diminshed power.
(c) Arbitrary power.
(d) Absolute power.
4. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
(a) Secretary of Commerce.
(b) Secretary of the Interior.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Secretary of Industry.
5. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
(a) Her beliefs.
(b) Her strength.
(c) Her power.
(d) Her success.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
2. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
3. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
4. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is one of the antagonists?
5. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)