|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Securities market.
(b) Capital market.
(c) Stock market.
(d) Growth market.
2. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
(a) Factual representation.
(b) Twisted understanding.
(c) Failed experiement.
(d) Gross misinterpretation.
3. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
(a) Chimney sweeps.
(b) Cooks and servers.
(c) Factory help.
4. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(a) The U.S.
(b) The semi-developed nations.
(d) The underdeveloped nations.
5. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the railroads subsidized?
2. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
4. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
5. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)