|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the basis of American freedom is that man can act how?
(b) For the betterment of all.
(c) In his own self-intrest.
2. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) In the streets.
(b) In the brothels.
(c) By working from home.
(d) In the factories.
3. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
(a) Robert Fulgrough.
(b) Robert Gallegar.
(c) Robert Hessen.
(d) Robert Lackser.
4. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
(a) Local businessmen.
(b) Small businessmen.
(c) Foreign businessmen.
(d) American businessmen.
5. What do patents and copyright protect?
(a) Scientific knowledge.
(b) Intellectual property.
(c) Musical creations.
(d) Private property.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
2. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
3. In "Atlas Shrugged," what is the second antagonist?
4. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
5. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)