|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one example, according to the author, of how property rights can be established?
(a) The Settlement Act.
(b) The Homestead Act.
(c) The Western Settlers Act.
(d) The Gold Rush Act.
2. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
(b) Altruistic principles.
(c) Open borders.
(d) Government interference.
3. In what type of system is property privately owned but controlled by the government?
4. The author believes that, in society today, there are no what?
(a) Visions of the future or goals.
(b) Rights of the individual.
(c) Free people.
(d) Driven people.
5. What do patents and copyright protect?
(a) Private property.
(b) Scientific knowledge.
(c) Musical creations.
(d) Intellectual property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of rights, according to the author, is the American system of government based on?
2. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
3. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
4. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
5. What is the position held by the man who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)