|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(c) Changing their minds.
2. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Selfless actors.
(b) Irrational actors.
(c) Selfish actors.
(d) Rational actors.
3. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
(a) Its suppliers.
(b) Its independence.
(c) Its price.
(d) Its sellers.
4. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for monopolies.
(b) Sacrifice for money.
(c) Sacrifice for the government.
(d) Sacrifice for the common good.
5. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
2. The first labor laws aimed at children are enacted in what year?
3. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
4. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
5. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)