|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the railroads subsidized?
(a) Research-and-development deductions.
(b) Tax deductions.
(d) Land grants.
2. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Dictator rule.
(b) Elitist rule.
(c) Mob rule.
(d) Gang rule.
3. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
4. What is the first antitrust legislation?
(a) The Trump Act.
(b) The Humphry Act.
(c) The Taft Act.
(d) The Sherman Act.
5. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
(a) Well-done construction.
(b) Massive construction.
(c) Substandard construction.
(d) Rapid construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
2. What is one function of money?
3. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
4. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
5. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)