|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to classical economics, what is the basis of competition?
(a) Producing and selling as much as possible.
(b) Producing and selling in a regulated system.
(c) Producing and selling in a down market.
(d) Producing and selling for profit.
2. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
3. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
(a) Open borders.
(b) Altruistic principles.
(d) Government interference.
4. What does the author believe is dominating society today?
5. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
(b) The most rational entity.
(c) The entity with the most power.
(d) The more evil or irrational entity.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the tactics of this group is to paint capitalism as evil.
2. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
3. What kind of medicine is part of the British economic system?
4. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
5. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)