|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Fascism: Rule by Consensus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
(a) Local wars.
(b) Civil wars.
(c) World wars.
(d) Area wars.
2. Lobbyists are required to register with whom?
(a) The banks.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The business associations.
(d) The government.
3. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
(a) Open borders.
(b) Government interference.
(c) Altruistic principles.
4. The author believes that being free means freedom from what?
(a) Tyranny of the government.
(b) Regulation by the government.
(c) Coercion by the government.
(d) Taxation by the government.
5. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
(a) The taxpayers.
(b) The elite.
(c) The scapegoats.
(d) The politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
2. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
3. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
4. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
5. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)