|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the railroads subsidized?
(a) Tax deductions.
(c) Research-and-development deductions.
(d) Land grants.
2. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Corruption in the railroads.
(b) Railroad monopolies.
(c) Failure of the railroads.
(d) Government assistance to the railroads.
3. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(b) Aluminum alloy.
(c) Primary aluminum.
(d) Secondary aluminum.
4. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Dictator rule.
(b) Elitist rule.
(c) Mob rule.
(d) Gang rule.
5. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
(a) Gross misinterpretation.
(b) Factual representation.
(c) Twisted understanding.
(d) Failed experiement.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
4. In a free market, economic power is determined by what?
5. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)