|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
(a) Fair trade.
(b) Restrained trade.
(c) Restricted economies.
(d) Controlled economies.
2. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
(b) Entire populations.
(d) Peace proponents.
3. What do the courts protect?
(d) Labor unions.
4. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A shortage of interest reserves.
(b) A shortage of bank reserves.
(c) A depression.
(d) A recession.
5. In a free market, economic power is determined by what?
(a) Supply and demand.
(b) Price and wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
2. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
4. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
5. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)