|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the railroads subsidized?
(a) Research-and-development deductions.
(c) Tax deductions.
(d) Land grants.
2. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
3. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(a) Primary aluminum.
(b) Secondary aluminum.
(d) Aluminum alloy.
4. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
(a) Marcus Bludger.
(b) Theodore Huffington.
(c) Richard Fullerton.
(d) Alan Greenspan.
5. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(a) Price fixing.
(c) Labor abuse.
(d) Mergers and acquisitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
2. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
3. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
4. Who is J.J. Hill?
5. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)