|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
2. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
3. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
4. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
(a) They abuse their workers.
(b) They go bankrupt.
(c) They prosper.
(d) They repay the investors.
5. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
(a) Absolute power.
(b) Arbitrary power.
(c) Diminshed power.
(d) Excessive power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
2. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
3. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
4. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
5. Who is J.J. Hill?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)