|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Gang rule.
(b) Elitist rule.
(c) Dictator rule.
(d) Mob rule.
2. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(a) Labor abuse.
(c) Price fixing.
(d) Mergers and acquisitions.
3. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
(a) Alex Greenspan.
(b) Arnod Greenspan.
(c) Arnold Greenspan.
(d) Alan Greenspan.
4. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
5. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
Short Answer Questions
1. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
2. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
3. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
4. What is one function of money?
5. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)