|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
(a) To create a national savings account.
(b) To ease temporary reserve shortages.
(c) To limit the amount of currency in circulation.
(d) To create a spending account for the military.
2. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(a) Secondary aluminum.
(c) Primary aluminum.
(d) Aluminum alloy.
3. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
(a) Excessive power.
(b) Diminshed power.
(c) Absolute power.
(d) Arbitrary power.
4. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
(a) Arnold Greenspan.
(b) Alan Greenspan.
(c) Alex Greenspan.
(d) Arnod Greenspan.
5. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
(a) They repay the investors.
(b) They go bankrupt.
(c) They prosper.
(d) They abuse their workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
2. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
4. Who is J.J. Hill?
5. What is one of the negatives that political power uses?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)