|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the railroads subsidized?
(b) Research-and-development deductions.
(c) Tax deductions.
(d) Land grants.
2. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
3. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
(a) To limit the amount of currency in circulation.
(b) To ease temporary reserve shortages.
(c) To create a spending account for the military.
(d) To create a national savings account.
4. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
(a) The elite.
(b) The elders.
(c) The tribe.
(d) The masses.
5. What do the courts protect?
(c) Labor unions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is trade without any barriers known as?
2. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
3. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
4. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
5. What is one of the negatives that political power uses?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)