|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The government.
(b) The subsidies.
(c) The market.
(d) The economy.
2. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
(a) A.D. Foster.
(b) A.D. Gershwin.
(c) A.D. Neale.
(d) A.D. Brookings.
3. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) Free trade.
(d) Limited trade.
4. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
(a) The taxpayers.
(b) The scapegoats.
(c) The elite.
(d) The politicians.
5. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
(c) Parliamentary systems.
Short Answer Questions
1. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
2. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
3. What is another word for statism?
4. What is trade without any barriers known as?
5. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)