|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is J.J. Hill?
(a) A government official.
(b) A developer.
(c) A government regulator.
(d) A businessman.
2. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
(a) The elders.
(b) The elite.
(c) The masses.
(d) The tribe.
3. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) Similar currency.
(b) National linkage.
(c) Easy standard.
(d) Common denominator.
4. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Growth market.
(b) Stock market.
(c) Capital market.
(d) Securities market.
5. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
(a) Marcus Bludger.
(b) Alan Greenspan.
(c) Richard Fullerton.
(d) Theodore Huffington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
2. What do the courts protect?
3. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
4. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
5. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)