|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
(c) Government actions.
2. What is another word for statism?
3. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
(a) Take a lot of financial aid from the government.
(b) Repay their financial aid from the government.
(c) Allow the government to completely fund the projects.
(d) Never receive financial aid from the government.
4. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
(a) Well-done construction.
(b) Substandard construction.
(c) Massive construction.
(d) Rapid construction.
5. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The economy.
(b) The market.
(c) The subsidies.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
2. What is the abbreviation for the Aluminum Company of America?
3. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
4. What does the author believe brought the world out of feudalism?
5. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)