|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Railroad monopolies.
(b) Failure of the railroads.
(c) Corruption in the railroads.
(d) Government assistance to the railroads.
2. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
(a) Delaware corporations code.
(c) Case law.
(d) Supreme Court decisions.
3. What is the first antitrust legislation?
(a) The Taft Act.
(b) The Sherman Act.
(c) The Trump Act.
(d) The Humphry Act.
4. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
5. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
(a) Gang rule.
(b) Dictator rule.
(c) Mob rule.
(d) Elitist rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
2. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
3. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
4. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
5. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)