|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
(c) Government actions.
2. Who are against war and the threat of nuclear weapons, according to the author?
(a) Peace proponents.
(c) Entire populations.
3. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
(a) Never receive financial aid from the government.
(b) Repay their financial aid from the government.
(c) Take a lot of financial aid from the government.
(d) Allow the government to completely fund the projects.
4. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
(a) Its price.
(b) Its suppliers.
(c) Its independence.
(d) Its sellers.
5. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
(b) Parliamentary systems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
2. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
3. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
4. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
5. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)