|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and bronze.
(b) Gold and iron.
(c) Gold and silver.
(d) Gold and tin.
2. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
(a) Massive construction.
(b) Rapid construction.
(c) Well-done construction.
(d) Substandard construction.
3. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
(a) Its independence.
(b) Its price.
(c) Its sellers.
(d) Its suppliers.
4. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
(a) Corruption in the railroads.
(b) Government assistance to the railroads.
(c) Railroad monopolies.
(d) Failure of the railroads.
5. According to the author, statism is often linked to what other "ism"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
2. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
3. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
4. In a free market, economic power is determined by what?
5. What is one function of money?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)