|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
(a) They go bankrupt.
(b) They repay the investors.
(c) They abuse their workers.
(d) They prosper.
2. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
3. What do the courts protect?
(a) Labor unions.
4. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
(a) Trade and production.
(b) Production and sales.
(c) Growth and sales.
(d) Trade and growth.
5. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
2. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
3. According to the author, in statism, who owns the members of the tribe?
4. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
5. What is the first antitrust legislation?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)