|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes on the History of American Free Enterprise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
(a) Coastal Pacific.
(b) Western Pacific.
(c) Central Pacific.
(d) Main Pacific.
2. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
(a) Its price.
(b) Its independence.
(c) Its suppliers.
(d) Its sellers.
3. What is the first antitrust legislation?
(a) The Sherman Act.
(b) The Humphry Act.
(c) The Taft Act.
(d) The Trump Act.
4. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
5. What thrives on free trade, according to the author?
(c) Parliamentary systems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Railroads are built using government money, and what happens to many of them?
2. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
3. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
4. What subject does Stewart Holbrook write about?
5. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)