|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Anatomy of Compromise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The more evil or irrational entity.
(b) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
(c) The entity with the most power.
(d) The most rational entity.
2. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
(c) A restrained-trade economy.
(d) A planned economy.
3. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
4. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
(a) To ease temporary reserve shortages.
(b) To create a spending account for the military.
(c) To create a national savings account.
(d) To limit the amount of currency in circulation.
5. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
(a) Common denominator.
(b) Similar currency.
(c) National linkage.
(d) Easy standard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
2. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
3. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
4. The existence of money promotes the division of what?
5. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)