|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Anatomy of Compromise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) In the brothels.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the factories.
(d) By working from home.
2. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
(b) The most rational entity.
(c) The entity with the most power.
(d) The more evil or irrational entity.
3. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Selfless actors.
(b) Selfish actors.
(c) Irrational actors.
(d) Rational actors.
4. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
5. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A recession.
(b) A shortage of interest reserves.
(c) A shortage of bank reserves.
(d) A depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first labor laws aimed at children are enacted in what year?
2. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
3. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
4. What do patents and copyright protect?
5. Which does the author predict will win when the principles are clearly defined by the groups hold opposite views?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)