|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Anatomy of Compromise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to use force.
(b) The right to sue.
(c) The right to negotiate.
(d) The right to own property.
2. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The most rational entity.
(b) The entity with the most power.
(c) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
(d) The more evil or irrational entity.
3. The first labor laws aimed at children are enacted in what year?
4. How do irrational entities benefit from the United Nations, according to the author?
(a) By being subservant to rational entities.
(b) By being dominant of rational entities.
(c) By being associated with rational entities.
(d) By being influenced by rational entities.
5. In a free market, economic power is determined by what?
(a) Supply and demand.
(b) Price and wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do patents and copyright protect?
2. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
3. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
4. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
5. What type of businessmen does the author feel are persecuted?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)