|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Anatomy of Compromise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
2. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A shortage of interest reserves.
(b) A shortage of bank reserves.
(c) A recession.
(d) A depression.
3. What do patents and copyright protect?
(a) Intellectual property.
(b) Musical creations.
(c) Private property.
(d) Scientific knowledge.
4. When there is a conflict among groups that do not have the same principles, which does the author predict will win?
(a) The entity with the most power.
(b) The more evil or irrational entity.
(c) The entity that has society's good as a purpose.
(d) The most rational entity.
5. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
(a) A.D. Neale.
(b) A.D. Brookings.
(c) A.D. Foster.
(d) A.D. Gershwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
2. The results of intellectual property may be ______, but the intellectual property itself may not be.
3. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
4. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
5. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)