|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Anatomy of Compromise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(b) Mergers and acquisitions.
(c) Price fixing.
(d) Labor abuse.
2. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
3. What is the goal of the creation of the Federal Reserve System?
(a) To limit the amount of currency in circulation.
(b) To create a national savings account.
(c) To create a spending account for the military.
(d) To ease temporary reserve shortages.
4. The author believes Democrats and Republican are what type of actors?
(a) Irrational actors.
(b) Selfish actors.
(c) Rational actors.
(d) Selfless actors.
5. Instead of reading the antitrust laws to decide if something is legal, people must read what?
(a) Delaware corporations code.
(b) Case law.
(c) Supreme Court decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
2. How does the author refer to a principle?
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
4. What does the author believe is the basic tool of the bureaucrat?
5. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)