|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Obliteration of Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of rights, according to the author, is the American system of government based on?
(a) Majority rights.
(b) Minority rights.
(c) Individual rights.
(d) Power rights.
2. In the U.S., the economic system isn't a pure capitalist system but is what?
(a) A mixed capitalism.
(b) A mixed system.
(c) A mixed economy.
(d) A mixed socialism.
3. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for money.
(b) Sacrifice for the government.
(c) Sacrifice for the common good.
(d) Sacrifice for monopolies.
4. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the end of World War I.
(b) At the end of World War II.
(c) At the beginning of World War I.
(d) At the beginning of World War II.
5. Who does Algeria fight for independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
2. What is one function of money?
3. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
4. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
5. The author believes that capitalism cannot function with what?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)