|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Obliteration of Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for the government.
(b) Sacrifice for monopolies.
(c) Sacrifice for money.
(d) Sacrifice for the common good.
2. Governor Romney says we do not have a system of capitalism but of what?
3. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the beginning of World War II.
(b) At the end of World War II.
(c) At the beginning of World War I.
(d) At the end of World War I.
4. The existence of money allows people to avoid the problems of ______.
5. What kind of rights, according to the author, is the American system of government based on?
(a) Majority rights.
(b) Minority rights.
(c) Individual rights.
(d) Power rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
2. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
3. The government established by the Founding Fathers is based on theories that began with whom?
4. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
5. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)