|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Obliteration of Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the gold standard cease to exist?
(a) At the end of World War II.
(b) At the end of World War I.
(c) At the beginning of World War II.
(d) At the beginning of World War I.
2. The Federal Reserve System was created when the government thought that what was happening?
(a) A depression.
(b) A shortage of interest reserves.
(c) A recession.
(d) A shortage of bank reserves.
3. What, according to the author, does the gold standard facilitate?
(a) Trade and production.
(b) Trade and growth.
(c) Production and sales.
(d) Growth and sales.
4. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) Gold and iron.
(c) Gold and bronze.
(d) Gold and tin.
5. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
(a) Marcus Bludger.
(b) Richard Fullerton.
(c) Theodore Huffington.
(d) Alan Greenspan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, many less-developed countries feel ______ by capitalism.
2. The author believes that many less-developed countries hate America for what?
3. Among those countries of the world that have had fascist dictatorships, a favorable opinion of _______ is found.
4. What is one function of money?
5. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)