|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
(a) A anthropologist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An expert pathologist.
(d) A lawyer.
2. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) The dark of the night.
(b) He hid behind boulders.
(c) He ran in a crouch.
(d) Dunes and brush.
3. What does Brennan see where he meets Dr. Tibbets?
(a) Mr. Homesley's music room.
(b) An Indian waiter.
(c) Metal tables and bright lights.
(d) A skeleton in Tibbets' foyer.
4. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Big Dipper and North Star.
(c) Orion the Hunter.
(d) The Southern Cross.
5. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
(a) Her work clothes.
(b) Shorts and a T-shirt.
(c) Jeans and one of his jackets.
(d) Tan pants and Bill's jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
2. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
3. What is Brennan feeling while waiting for information from Homesley's friend?
4. From what band of Apaches was Coyote Runs?
5. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
2. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
3. Where does Brennan leave the skull and why?
4. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
5. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
6. Where does Brennan head and what does he do on his way out of town?
7. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
8. What does Brennan learn about the probable age of the person to whom the skull belongs?
9. What does the commander answer in response to the letter in question #49? What does Brennan conclude from this report?
10. Where does Brennan hide the skull in his house?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)