|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brennan elude the men chasing him?
(a) Buried in the sand.
(b) Hiding under a boulder.
(c) Up an old Apache climbing path.
(d) Going into a cave they were too big to enter.
2. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him about snakes?
(a) He could push a stick ahead of him in the sand.
(b) There were no snakes in that part of the desert.
(c) Night is when the snakes hunted.
(d) They did not move at night.
3. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) In what canyon was the body buried.
(b) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
(c) If he was an adult.
(d) If he actually had a gun.
4. About what time in the morning does Brennan finally find the report about Coyote Runs?
(a) About one in the morning.
(b) About four in the morning.
(c) About two in the morning.
(d) About three in the morning.
5. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
(a) He wants to know more.
(b) The skull is not Coyote Runs'.
(c) Coyote Runs has possesed him.
(d) He should keep the skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
2. What does Brennan wish about Mr. Homesley?
3. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
4. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
5. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
2. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
3. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
4. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
5. Where does Brennan leave the skull and why?
6. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
7. Where does Brennan head and what does he do on his way out of town?
8. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
9. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
10. Where does Brennan meet Mr. Homesley, who do they see there and what does that person tell them about?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)