|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
(a) Build a model of a beetle colony.
(b) Study the history of beetles.
(c) Look in the grass for a beetle.
(d) Dissect a beetle.
2. How does Brennan elude the men chasing him?
(a) Going into a cave they were too big to enter.
(b) Buried in the sand.
(c) Hiding under a boulder.
(d) Up an old Apache climbing path.
3. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
4. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
(a) In case a car came near and would pick him up.
(b) To avoid snakes.
(c) To avoid unexploded artillery.
(d) So he wouldn't get caught in deep sand.
5. Why do ranchers take their families to El Paso?
(a) For the weekly dances.
(b) They fear the Indians.
(c) So the kids could attend school.
(d) To sell to the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Homesley say about God and beetles?
2. What does Brennan decide he has to do with the skull?
3. Why hasn't Brennan called the police or told his mother about the skull?
4. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
5. What does Brennan remember about a man who was shot in the head in Vietnam and the man's face when it happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
2. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
3. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
4. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
5. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
6. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
7. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
8. Where does Brennan meet Mr. Homesley, who do they see there and what does that person tell them about?
9. What happens as Brennan climbs some rocks and what is his response?
10. How long does it take for more information to come to Brennan and what does he do when Mr. Homesley calls about it?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)