|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
(a) The skull.
(b) His job.
(c) Bill and his mother.
(d) His father.
2. What does Brennan do when the men jump at him?
(a) Falls backwards over a dune.
(b) Runs between them.
(c) Kicks sand in their eyes.
(d) Pushes Mr. Homesley in front of them.
3. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
(a) Ties it to his belt.
(b) Wraps it around his forehead.
(c) Suffs it in his pocket.
(d) Ties it to his arm.
4. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
(a) To see how many different ones he could find.
(b) To feed the ants in the ant farm.
(c) So they could discuss it.
(d) To help rid the world of beetles.
5. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
2. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
3. From what band of Apaches was Coyote Runs?
4. Where does Brennan meet Dr. Tibbets?
5. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
2. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
3. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
4. Where does Brennan leave the skull and why?
5. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
6. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
7. What does Brennan do when he first arrives at his destination and what is he told? What is his response?
8. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
9. What does Brennan learn about the probable age of the person to whom the skull belongs?
10. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)