|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan hear in the distance?
(a) Small animals scurrying in the mesquite bushes.
(b) Owls hooting.
(c) Cars going down the highway.
(d) Nothing, the desert was silent.
2. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
(a) A whirligig beetle.
(b) A longhorn beetle.
(c) A carpet beetle.
(d) A blister beetle.
3. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) He hid behind boulders.
(b) The dark of the night.
(c) He ran in a crouch.
(d) Dunes and brush.
4. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
(a) He should return it to the canyon.
(b) He should call the police.
(c) He should donate it to a museum.
(d) He should keep it.
5. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
(a) Suffs it in his pocket.
(b) Wraps it around his forehead.
(c) Ties it to his belt.
(d) Ties it to his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
2. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
3. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
4. How does Brennan think he will be able to run in the desert?
5. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Brennan climbs some rocks and what is his response?
2. What happens when Brennan wants to stop for the night and what does he learn about snakes?
3. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
4. What does Brennan do when he first arrives at his destination and what is he told? What is his response?
5. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
6. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
7. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
8. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
9. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
10. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)