|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brennan elude the men chasing him?
(a) Hiding under a boulder.
(b) Buried in the sand.
(c) Up an old Apache climbing path.
(d) Going into a cave they were too big to enter.
2. What do the soldiers report occurred before Coyote Runs was killed?
(a) Coyote Runs killed a soldier.
(b) An exchange of gunfire.
(c) A rattler bit Coyote Runs.
(d) Coyote Runs was holding rifle.
3. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) The dark of the night.
(b) Dunes and brush.
(c) He hid behind boulders.
(d) He ran in a crouch.
4. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
(a) The skull.
(b) His job.
(c) Bill and his mother.
(d) His father.
5. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
(a) Look in the grass for a beetle.
(b) Dissect a beetle.
(c) Build a model of a beetle colony.
(d) Study the history of beetles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him about snakes?
2. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
3. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
4. How do the men with Brennan's mother sound about Brennan running there in a day and a night?
5. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)