|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tibbets say it is a good bet the skull was killed by soldiers?
(a) They used large bore rifles.
(b) Ranchers used pistols.
(c) They routinely executed prisoners.
(d) They were the only people with rifles.
2. What does Brennan's mother say when the men tell Brennan about his mother's concern?
(a) They could leave now.
(b) She could see he was fine.
(c) She didn't know what was going on.
(d) She takes back the complaint.
3. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
(a) That was where the raiding party had stopped for the night.
(b) That was the place where the soldiers found him and Magpie.
(c) There was water nearby.
(d) That was where he had died.
4. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
(a) The newspapers crumbled.
(b) The newspapers were yellow.
(c) The print was uneven and the headlines were from past events.
(d) They had small insect holes in them.
5. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
(b) Granola bars and water.
(c) Soda and chips.
(d) Water and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
2. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
3. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
4. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
5. To what did Brennan's activities with Mr. Homeley lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan learn about the probable cause of death?
2. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
3. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
4. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
5. Where does Brennan leave the skull and why?
6. What does the commander answer in response to the letter in question #49? What does Brennan conclude from this report?
7. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
8. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
9. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
10. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)