|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan hear in the place in question #121?
(a) A Wagner symphony.
(b) The kitchen crew cleaning.
(c) Running water.
(d) The television.
2. Why hasn't Brennan called the police or told his mother about the skull?
(a) He doesn't want his mother to punish him.
(b) When he tries there is too much pressure in his head.
(c) He is afraid he broke the law.
(d) He thinks it is cool to have a skull.
3. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) A month.
4. What does Mr. Homesley do in the military?
(a) Military historian.
(b) Medic in Vietnam.
(c) Lab technician.
5. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) Dunes and brush.
(b) He hid behind boulders.
(c) The dark of the night.
(d) He ran in a crouch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
2. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
3. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
4. How does Brennan think he will be able to run in the desert?
5. What does Brennan remember about a man who was shot in the head in Vietnam and the man's face when it happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
2. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
3. What does Brennan learn about the probable cause of death?
4. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
5. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
6. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
7. What does Brennan do when he first arrives at his destination and what is he told? What is his response?
8. Where does Brennan meet Mr. Homesley, who do they see there and what does that person tell them about?
9. Why does Brennan think the skull belonged to a young person?
10. Where does Brennan head and what does he do on his way out of town?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)