|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
(a) Measures it.
(b) Meditates on it.
(c) Puts a wig on it.
(d) Draws a picture of the person from the topographical features.
2. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
(a) The Southern Cross.
(b) The Big Dipper and North Star.
(c) Orion the Hunter.
(d) The moon.
3. What do the soldiers report occurred before Coyote Runs was killed?
(a) Coyote Runs was holding rifle.
(b) Coyote Runs killed a soldier.
(c) A rattler bit Coyote Runs.
(d) An exchange of gunfire.
4. What does Brennan see where he meets Dr. Tibbets?
(a) A skeleton in Tibbets' foyer.
(b) Metal tables and bright lights.
(c) An Indian waiter.
(d) Mr. Homesley's music room.
5. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
(a) To avoid unexploded artillery.
(b) So he wouldn't get caught in deep sand.
(c) To avoid snakes.
(d) In case a car came near and would pick him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
2. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
3. What is the first reason Brennan gives his mother for not telling her about the skull?
4. What does Dr. Tibbets offer Brennan to drink?
5. What does Mr. Homesley do in the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Brennan become obsessed and what starts happening to him?
2. What happens when Brennan wants to stop for the night and what does he learn about snakes?
3. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
4. Where does Brennan meet Mr. Homesley, who do they see there and what does that person tell them about?
5. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
6. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
7. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
8. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
9. How long does it take for more information to come to Brennan and what does he do when Mr. Homesley calls about it?
10. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)