|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers report occurred before Coyote Runs was killed?
(a) A rattler bit Coyote Runs.
(b) Coyote Runs killed a soldier.
(c) An exchange of gunfire.
(d) Coyote Runs was holding rifle.
2. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
(a) That was the place where the soldiers found him and Magpie.
(b) That was where he had died.
(c) There was water nearby.
(d) That was where the raiding party had stopped for the night.
3. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) If he actually had a gun.
(b) If he was an adult.
(c) In what canyon was the body buried.
(d) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
4. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
(a) It will be destroyed.
(b) It will be thrown back in the wrong canyon.
(c) It will be thrown in the landfill.
(d) It will be displayed in a museum.
5. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
(a) With the rest of his skeleton.
(b) Under a rock in the cave.
(c) Where he found it.
(d) At the medicine place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of body does Mr. Homesley have?
2. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
3. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
4. Where does Brennan meet Dr. Tibbets?
5. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan learn about the probable age of the person to whom the skull belongs?
2. How long does it take for more information to come to Brennan and what does he do when Mr. Homesley calls about it?
3. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
4. Why does Brennan think the skull belonged to a young person?
5. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
6. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
7. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
8. What happens when Brennan wants to stop for the night and what does he learn about snakes?
9. Where does Brennan head and what does he do on his way out of town?
10. Where does Brennan meet Mr. Homesley, who do they see there and what does that person tell them about?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)