|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An expert pathologist.
(d) A anthropologist.
2. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
3. What does Brennan hear in the night after he falls down?
(a) A rattle snake.
(d) Horses running.
4. What does Brennan's mother say when the men tell Brennan about his mother's concern?
(a) She takes back the complaint.
(b) She didn't know what was going on.
(c) They could leave now.
(d) She could see he was fine.
5. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
(a) Ties it to his arm.
(b) Wraps it around his forehead.
(c) Ties it to his belt.
(d) Suffs it in his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
2. What does Brennan decide he has to do with the skull?
3. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
4. Why does Tibbets say it is a good bet the skull was killed by soldiers?
5. About what time in the morning does Brennan finally find the report about Coyote Runs?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Brennan become obsessed and what starts happening to him?
2. Where does Brennan hide the skull in his house?
3. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
4. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
5. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
6. Where does Brennan head and what does he do on his way out of town?
7. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
8. What does Brennan do when he first arrives at his destination and what is he told? What is his response?
9. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
10. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)