|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
(a) That was where he had died.
(b) There was water nearby.
(c) That was the place where the soldiers found him and Magpie.
(d) That was where the raiding party had stopped for the night.
2. What kind of body does Mr. Homesley have?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Short and wiry.
(c) Tall and skinny.
(d) Tall and very heavy.
3. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
(a) Toast and eggs.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
(c) Some chips and dip.
(d) A bowl of ice cream.
4. What happens when Brennan looks back at the men?
(a) He falls into a mesquite bush.
(b) He kicks a snake.
(c) He rruns into a boulder.
(d) He stumbles on a stone.
5. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
(a) It was his in another incarnation.
(b) It belongs to a girl.
(c) It belonged to someone young.
(d) It is the skull of a white soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan's mother say when the men tell Brennan about his mother's concern?
2. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
3. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
4. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
5. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
2. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
3. What does Brennan learn about the probable cause of death?
4. With what does Brennan become obsessed and what starts happening to him?
5. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
6. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
7. What happens when Brennan wants to stop for the night and what does he learn about snakes?
8. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
9. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
10. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)