|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan ask his mother at the breakfast table on Friday?
(a) If he can spend the weekend with the Homesleys.
(b) If she is going to be with Bill that weekend.
(c) If he can go back up to the camping place.
(d) If crazy people can know they are going crazy.
2. Who does Brennan decide to ask to learn more about the skull?
(b) His mother.
(d) Mr. Homesley.
3. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) The dark of the night.
(b) He hid behind boulders.
(c) Dunes and brush.
(d) He ran in a crouch.
4. What does Brennan's mother say when the men tell Brennan about his mother's concern?
(a) She didn't know what was going on.
(b) She could see he was fine.
(c) She takes back the complaint.
(d) They could leave now.
5. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
2. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
3. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
4. What does Brennan wonder about the age of the person to whom the skull belonged?
5. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Brennan leave the skull and why?
2. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
3. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
4. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
5. What does the commander answer in response to the letter in question #49? What does Brennan conclude from this report?
6. Why does Brennan think the skull belonged to a young person?
7. What does Brennan learn about the probable cause of death?
8. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
9. What does Brennan learn about the probable age of the person to whom the skull belongs?
10. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)