|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying keeps running through Brennan's head?
(a) I am a man.
(b) Take me, spirit.
(c) Take me home.
(d) Mercy, please.
2. What does Brennan hear in the night after he falls down?
(b) A rattle snake.
(c) Horses running.
3. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
(a) To avoid unexploded artillery.
(b) To avoid snakes.
(c) So he wouldn't get caught in deep sand.
(d) In case a car came near and would pick him up.
4. What does Brennan remember about a man who was shot in the head in Vietnam and the man's face when it happened?
(a) He squinted.
(b) His eyes shut tightly.
(c) His eyes opened wide.
(d) He screamed.
5. What does Brennan decide he has to do with the skull?
(a) Follow the instructions in the dream.
(b) Take it to the Apache reservation.
(c) Give it to Dr. Tibbets.
(d) Give it to a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
2. What does Brennan see where he meets Dr. Tibbets?
3. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
4. What is the first reason Brennan gives his mother for not telling her about the skull?
5. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
2. What happens as Brennan climbs some rocks and what is his response?
3. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
4. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
5. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
6. What does Brennan learn about the probable cause of death?
7. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
8. With what does Brennan become obsessed and what starts happening to him?
9. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
10. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)