|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan remember about a man who was shot in the head in Vietnam and the man's face when it happened?
(a) His eyes opened wide.
(b) He squinted.
(c) His eyes shut tightly.
(d) He screamed.
2. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
(a) His wife is an engineer.
(b) He repairs electronics as a side business.
(c) He's a ham radio operator.
(d) For his music hobby.
3. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
(a) So they could discuss it.
(b) To see how many different ones he could find.
(c) To feed the ants in the ant farm.
(d) To help rid the world of beetles.
4. What does Mr. Homesley say about Brennan going into the canyon alone?
(a) Someone should go with him.
(b) He is being guided by a dead Indian.
(c) He'll be fine.
(d) He might get hurt.
5. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brennan leave his house?
2. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
3. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
4. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
5. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the commander answer in response to the letter in question #49? What does Brennan conclude from this report?
2. Why does Brennan think the skull belonged to a young person?
3. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
4. How long does it take for more information to come to Brennan and what does he do when Mr. Homesley calls about it?
5. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
6. What happens when Brennan wants to stop for the night and what does he learn about snakes?
7. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
8. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
9. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
10. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)