|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
(a) Meditates on it.
(b) Puts a wig on it.
(c) Measures it.
(d) Draws a picture of the person from the topographical features.
2. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
(a) It will be displayed in a museum.
(b) It will be destroyed.
(c) It will be thrown back in the wrong canyon.
(d) It will be thrown in the landfill.
3. What does Brennan change as the result of Mr. Homesley's interest in him?
(a) His opinion of his mother.
(b) How often he skipped school.
(c) The amount of time he spent running.
(d) His study habits and grades.
4. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
(a) The print was uneven and the headlines were from past events.
(b) They had small insect holes in them.
(c) The newspapers crumbled.
(d) The newspapers were yellow.
5. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
(a) It belonged to someone young.
(b) It was his in another incarnation.
(c) It is the skull of a white soldier.
(d) It belongs to a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction does Brennan go when he leaves his home?
2. About what time in the morning does Brennan finally find the report about Coyote Runs?
3. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
4. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
5. What does Brennan hear in the night after he falls down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brennan think the skull belonged to a young person?
2. Where does Brennan leave the skull and why?
3. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
4. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
5. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
6. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
7. What does the commander answer in response to the letter in question #49? What does Brennan conclude from this report?
8. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
9. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
10. Why does Brennan talk to Mr. Homesley about the skull?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)