|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first reason Brennan gives his mother for not telling her about the skull?
(a) He was afraid she would faint.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) All the kids were there.
(d) He didn't think it was any of her business.
2. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
(a) He doesn't know if he can get across it.
(b) He believes Coyote Runs will help him.
(c) He will move only at night.
(d) He has run in the desert many times.
3. What does Brennan hear in the place in question #121?
(a) The television.
(b) The kitchen crew cleaning.
(c) Running water.
(d) A Wagner symphony.
4. What is Brennan feeling while waiting for information from Homesley's friend?
5. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
2. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
3. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
4. Who does Brennan decide to ask to learn more about the skull?
5. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
2. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
3. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
4. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
5. What does Brennan learn about the probable age of the person to whom the skull belongs?
6. What does Brennan learn about the probable cause of death?
7. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
8. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
9. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
10. What happens when Brennan wants to stop for the night and what does he learn about snakes?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)