|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
2. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
(a) He should donate it to a museum.
(b) He should keep it.
(c) He should return it to the canyon.
(d) He should call the police.
3. How does Brennan elude the men chasing him?
(a) Up an old Apache climbing path.
(b) Buried in the sand.
(c) Hiding under a boulder.
(d) Going into a cave they were too big to enter.
4. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
(a) They are often killed with pesticides.
(b) They are bad for the ecology of the Earth.
(c) They eat almost anything.
(d) They are the most numerous species on Earth.
5. What is the size of the bullet hole in the forehead of the skull?
(a) About the size of his thumbprint.
(b) About half the size of his palm.
(c) About the size of his palm.
(d) About the size of a green pea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brennan meet Dr. Tibbets?
2. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
3. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
4. What kind of officials are standing with Brennan's mother?
5. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
2. Where does Brennan head and what does he do on his way out of town?
3. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
4. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
5. With what does Brennan become obsessed and what starts happening to him?
6. What happens as Brennan climbs some rocks and what is his response?
7. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
8. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
9. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
10. What does Brennan learn about the probable age of the person to whom the skull belongs?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)