|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
(a) Dig a well.
(b) Cut the veins on their horses and drink the blood.
(c) Use a water wagon.
(d) Cut cacti.
2. What kind of environmental conditions d0 patrol reports write about?
(a) Cold and rainy.
(b) Cool and dry.
(c) Dust and heat.
(d) Hot and wet.
3. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
(a) Where he found it.
(b) Under a rock in the cave.
(c) At the medicine place.
(d) With the rest of his skeleton.
4. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
(a) Puts a wig on it.
(b) Draws a picture of the person from the topographical features.
(c) Meditates on it.
(d) Measures it.
5. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) He ran in a crouch.
(b) He hid behind boulders.
(c) Dunes and brush.
(d) The dark of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
2. What color is the place in question #121?
3. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
4. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
5. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the commander answer in response to the letter in question #49? What does Brennan conclude from this report?
2. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
3. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
4. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
5. Where does Brennan hide the skull in his house?
6. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
7. What happens when Brennan wants to stop for the night and what does he learn about snakes?
8. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
9. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
10. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)