|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
(a) Puts a wig on it.
(b) Draws a picture of the person from the topographical features.
(c) Meditates on it.
(d) Measures it.
2. What does Brennan do when the men jump at him?
(a) Kicks sand in their eyes.
(b) Runs between them.
(c) Pushes Mr. Homesley in front of them.
(d) Falls backwards over a dune.
3. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Granola bars and water.
(b) Soda and chips.
(c) Water and bread.
(d) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
4. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
(a) The road around the mountain overlooking El Paso.
(b) Around his neighborhood.
(c) On the school track.
(d) To his mother's work.
5. What is the size of the bullet hole in the forehead of the skull?
(a) About the size of his thumbprint.
(b) About half the size of his palm.
(c) About the size of his palm.
(d) About the size of a green pea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan change as the result of Mr. Homesley's interest in him?
2. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
3. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
4. How do the men with Brennan's mother sound about Brennan running there in a day and a night?
5. What does Brennan see where he meets Dr. Tibbets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Brennan meet Mr. Homesley, who do they see there and what does that person tell them about?
2. What does the commander answer in response to the letter in question #49? What does Brennan conclude from this report?
3. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
4. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
5. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
6. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
7. Where does Brennan leave the skull and why?
8. With what does Brennan become obsessed and what starts happening to him?
9. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
10. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)