|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
(a) A carpet beetle.
(b) A blister beetle.
(c) A longhorn beetle.
(d) A whirligig beetle.
2. What does Brennan feel the first time he listens to classical music at Mr. Homesley's house?
(a) That he liked Pink Floyd better.
(b) That is was boring.
(c) That the music had sunk into him.
(d) That the Homesleys had wasted a lot of money on their music.
3. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It is National Forest Land.
(b) It could be a crime area.
(c) It was an Indian burial grounds.
(d) It is a State Preserve.
4. What does Brennan remember about a man who was shot in the head in Vietnam and the man's face when it happened?
(a) He squinted.
(b) He screamed.
(c) His eyes opened wide.
(d) His eyes shut tightly.
5. What does Mr. Homesley do in the military?
(b) Military historian.
(c) Lab technician.
(d) Medic in Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brennan see where he is going when night falls?
2. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
3. How does Brennan leave his house?
4. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
5. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
2. What was written in most of the reports in the boxes?
3. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
4. Where does Brennan hide the skull in his house?
5. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
6. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
7. In Chapter 12, describe what Brennan is thinking when he contemplates the bullet hole in the skull.
8. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
9. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
10. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)