|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Southern Cross.
(c) The Big Dipper and North Star.
(d) Orion the Hunter.
2. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It is a State Preserve.
(b) It could be a crime area.
(c) It is National Forest Land.
(d) It was an Indian burial grounds.
3. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him about snakes?
(a) They did not move at night.
(b) Night is when the snakes hunted.
(c) He could push a stick ahead of him in the sand.
(d) There were no snakes in that part of the desert.
4. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
(a) His boss's truck at his house.
(b) Bill's car parked out front.
(c) A couple of kids from school looking at him.
(d) Police cars in front of his house.
5. What kind of body does Mr. Homesley have?
(a) Short and wiry.
(b) Short and fat.
(c) Tall and very heavy.
(d) Tall and skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan ask his mother at the breakfast table on Friday?
2. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
3. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
4. Who does Brennan decide to ask to learn more about the skull?
5. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream did Brennan have in Chapter 11 about an eagle?
2. How long does it take for more information to come to Brennan and what does he do when Mr. Homesley calls about it?
3. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
4. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
5. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
6. What film did thinking about the bullet hole remind Brennan of and why did he think of it?
7. With what does Brennan become obsessed and what starts happening to him?
8. What was in a letter from a school Brennan finds?
9. What does Brennan read that he thinks may be relevant to the skull?
10. What does Brennan do when he first arrives at his destination and what is he told? What is his response?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)