|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Coyote Runs go to the stream when he woke in the morning?
(a) To get water for his mother.
(b) To rinse his mouth and drink.
(c) To catch some fish.
(d) To take a bath.
2. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
(a) Digs in the dirt.
(b) Plays a game on his cell phone.
(c) Takes a walk.
(d) Reads with his flashlight.
3. What does Coyote Runs hope to do when he gets home?
(a) Make a saddle.
(b) Acquire a gun.
(c) Hear his mother say she is proud of him.
(d) Make the horse he is riding his own.
4. What does Brennan think about how his mother talks?
(a) She won't talk about his father.
(b) She talks too much.
(c) She doesn't talk enough.
(d) She talks about his father too much.
5. What makes Coyote Runs slow as he goes into the canyon?
(a) There are large boulders he has to climb.
(b) It is flooded.
(c) There is no path.
(d) His injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
2. What does the event in question #1 mark for Coyote Runs?
3. What does Brennan's mother often do in the house?
4. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
5. Who ran the school Coyote Runs attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs believe about him and bullets and what does he do after catching up with the rest of the raiding party?
2. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
3. What does Brennan suggest at the camp site to settle the children?
4. What does Brennan Cole like to do and how does it help him?
5. How hard is Brennan's job and what does his boss talk about?
6. How does Brennan feel about the person driving the van and how does he feel about the kids in it by the time they arrive?
7. When does Coyote Runs' group travel and where do they stop to rest?
8. What does Brennan hear and what does he do with the skull?
9. Where does Brennan's mother tell him they are going and with whom?
10. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)