|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Shoot one of the warriors.
(b) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(c) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(d) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
2. What does Coyote Runs quickly realize in the chaos?
(a) His mistake.
(b) Raiding is no fun.
(c) He is too young to be there.
(d) He doesn't realize anything.
3. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
(a) The youth group from Bill's church.
(b) Kids from the homeless shelter.
(c) Bill's children from his first marriage.
(d) Bill's adopted children.
4. How does the raiding party proceed home?
(a) On what they stole.
(b) On fresh horses.
(c) Slowly, sneaking through the hills.
(d) In the opposite direction of where they want to go.
5. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) His blood trail.
(b) His horse.
(c) They see his shadow.
(d) Displaced rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
2. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
3. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
4. What does Brennan think Bill does about problems with the kids?
5. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Brennan's mother tell him they are going and with whom?
2. What kind of school and where is it that Coyote Runs attended and who attended with him?
3. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
4. What happens to the group of warriors the day after the raid?
5. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
6. What does Brennan hear and what does he do with the skull?
7. What kind of gun does Coyote Runs have and what will he be doing with the people in question #6?
8. What horse is Coyote Runs riding after the raid and what are his hopes concerning it?
9. Who does Coyote Runs' group encounter as they are heading to their destination, and how do they handle that encounter?
10. Why is Brennan annoyed while riding in the van? How does he feel about being there?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)