|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs call his mother when she lights the cook fire?
(a) Mother of Magic.
(b) Mother of fire.
(c) She Who Weaves Flame.
(d) Power mother.
2. To where does Coyote Runs head?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To a nearby canyon.
(c) Across the desert.
(d) To the river.
3. What does Coyote Runs call a match for lighting a fire?
(a) Magic flame.
(b) Lucifer stick.
(c) Power stick.
(d) Black powder.
4. Where is a gun pressed against Coyote Runs?
(a) His head.
(b) His back.
(c) His chest.
(d) His stomach.
5. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(b) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(c) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
(d) Shoot one of the warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brennan feel when he held his breath when he was first staring at the cottonwoods?
2. What does Brennan notice in Chapter 2 as he approaches the house?
3. How does the raiding party keep its horses quiet?
4. What is Coyote Runs' job on the raid?
5. What does Brennan like to do for fun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan do immediately with skull and what is his guess about it?
2. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
3. What incident with Mr. Homesley does Brennan recall when he thinks of talking to him about the skull?
4. Why does Brennan think the skull belonged to a young person?
5. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
6. What kind of school and where is it that Coyote Runs attended and who attended with him?
7. What does Brennan's mother tell him she has done and what is his response?
8. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
9. How close is Brennan and his father and what happens that hurts his mother?
10. Where does Brennan head and what does he do on his way out of town?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)