|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
(a) Under some sage brush.
(b) Behind a rock in the back of the canyon.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the river.
2. Why does Coyote Runs fear for his life?
(a) He knows the soldiers hate children.
(b) He watches the entire party be killed.
(c) He saw Sancta shot.
(d) He sees Magpie shot down.
3. Why is Brennan annoyed about being in the van?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) The kids annoy him.
(c) He is in the far back seat.
(d) His mother acts like Bill is perfect.
4. Why does Brennan put his sleeping bag under a large boulder?
(a) To get away from the kids.
(b) To shield himself from the sun.
(c) To keep the dew off his sleeping bag.
(d) To pretend he is hiding from the soldiers.
5. What does Coyote Runs learn he will be joining?
(a) A hunting party.
(b) A white family in Denver.
(c) A raiding party.
(d) A vision quest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Coyote Runs go to the stream when he woke in the morning?
2. What does Brennan hear after he picks up the skull?
3. What does Coyote Runs call a match for lighting a fire?
4. What makes Coyote Runs slow as he goes into the canyon?
5. What is Coyote Runs' job on the raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
2. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
3. What does Brennan do immediately with skull and what is his guess about it?
4. Where does Coyote Runs go after Magpie is shot, what has happened to him and his horse? How does that affect what he does?
5. What was the school Coyote Runs' attended suppose to do for him?
6. How close is Brennan and his father and what happens that hurts his mother?
7. Who does Coyote Runs' group encounter as they are heading to their destination, and how do they handle that encounter?
8. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
9. Where does the van in which Brennan is riding stop and then what do they do?
10. What happens to the group of warriors the day after the raid?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)