|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs call the place he has gone to time after time to pray?
(a) Great Spirit Realm.
(b) The vision circle.
(c) The medicine place.
2. How old is Coyote Runs?
3. What does Brennan notice in Chapter 2 as he approaches the house?
(a) The house color has changed.
(b) The house is dark.
(c) There is furniture in the yard.
(d) There is someone there Brennan doesn't know.
4. What does Brennan recognize about the skull?
(a) It is an adult skull.
(b) The teeth are very bad.
(c) It has a bullet hole in it.
(d) It is very new.
5. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
(a) Go in the opposite direction to draw off any pursuit.
(b) He doesn't have specific instructions.
(c) Follow behind them.
(d) Change the saddles to fresh horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
2. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
3. How does the raiding party proceed home?
4. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
5. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
2. Why is Brennan annoyed while riding in the van? How does he feel about being there?
3. Who does Coyote Runs' group encounter as they are heading to their destination, and how do they handle that encounter?
4. Where does the van in which Brennan is riding stop and then what do they do?
5. Why is the event in question #1 significant to Coyote Runs and how has he prepared for this event?
6. What kind of school and where is it that Coyote Runs attended and who attended with him?
7. What is Coyote Runs told to do on the raid?
8. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
9. Why can't Brennan sleep and why does he dig a skull out of the dirt?
10. What does Brennan notice as he is arriving at his house in Chapter 2?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)