|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan like to talk about while working?
(a) He just likes to stay quiet and think.
(b) He talks about his father.
(c) He talks about his mother.
(d) He talks about school.
2. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) His horse.
(b) Displaced rocks.
(c) His blood trail.
(d) They see his shadow.
3. What kind of horse does Coyote Runs ride on the way home?
(a) A sorrel.
(b) A pinto.
(c) A white horse.
(d) A palomino.
4. What kind of saddle does Magpie own?
(a) A Mexican saddle with silver on it.
(b) A saddle made from Texan steer.
(c) An old U.S. calvery saddle.
(d) He doesn't own a saddle.
5. What does Brennan's hobby do for him?
(a) Earns him money.
(b) Helps him express his artistic ability.
(c) Keeps him out of his house.
(d) Keeps him in shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the buildings arranged at Fort Bliss?
2. How did Brennan think of the kids in the van?
3. How does Brennan feel about his father?
4. Why does Coyote Runs fear for his life?
5. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
2. How close is Brennan and his father and what happens that hurts his mother?
3. Where does the van in which Brennan is riding stop and then what do they do?
4. What does Brennan notice as he is arriving at his house in Chapter 2?
5. What is Coyote Runs told to do on the raid?
6. What happens to the group of warriors the day after the raid?
7. What does Brennan do as the kids begin to settle down?
8. What horse is Coyote Runs riding after the raid and what are his hopes concerning it?
9. What kind of school and where is it that Coyote Runs attended and who attended with him?
10. Why can't Brennan sleep and why does he dig a skull out of the dirt?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)