|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Coyote Runs' tribe occasionally get beef?
(a) Fort McGrady.
(b) The army's herd.
(c) The local mission.
(d) Carnigan's Ranch.
2. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) Displaced rocks.
(b) His blood trail.
(c) His horse.
(d) They see his shadow.
3. For whom does Brennan work?
4. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
(a) Go in the opposite direction to draw off any pursuit.
(b) He doesn't have specific instructions.
(c) Change the saddles to fresh horses.
(d) Follow behind them.
5. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
(a) Their uniforms are too hot.
(b) They attract horse flies.
(c) They are easy to see from a distance.
(d) They are blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
2. What does Brennan think about how his mother talks?
3. Where is Coyote Runs shot?
4. What does Coyote Runs quickly realize in the chaos?
5. How did Brennan think of the kids in the van?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
2. What does Brennan Cole like to do and how does it help him?
3. Why can't Brennan sleep and why does he dig a skull out of the dirt?
4. Who does Coyote Runs' group encounter as they are heading to their destination, and how do they handle that encounter?
5. Where does Brennan's mother tell him they are going and with whom?
6. What does Brennan do immediately with skull and what is his guess about it?
7. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
8. What does Brennan notice as he is arriving at his house in Chapter 2?
9. What does Brennan do as the kids begin to settle down?
10. Where does Coyote Runs go after Magpie is shot, what has happened to him and his horse? How does that affect what he does?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)