|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
(a) Horse Canyon.
(b) Tomb Rock Canyon.
(c) Sandy Canyon.
(d) Dry Gulch Canyon.
2. How does the raiding party proceed home?
(a) On fresh horses.
(b) In the opposite direction of where they want to go.
(c) Slowly, sneaking through the hills.
(d) On what they stole.
3. What does Coyote Runs call a match for lighting a fire?
(a) Black powder.
(b) Lucifer stick.
(c) Power stick.
(d) Magic flame.
4. What does Brennan's mother often do in the house?
(a) Rearranges the furniture.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Plays loud orchestra music.
(d) Entertains someone.
5. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(b) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
(c) Shoot one of the warriors.
(d) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
2. What does Brennan think the men in his mother's life do?
3. What did Brennan think the cliffs were like?
4. What does Brennan do for the person in question #14?
5. What does Brennan recognize about the skull?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Brennan annoyed while riding in the van? How does he feel about being there?
2. What does Brennan suggest at the camp site to settle the children?
3. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
4. What was the school Coyote Runs' attended suppose to do for him?
5. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
6. What is Coyote Runs told to do on the raid?
7. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
8. What kind of gun does Coyote Runs have and what will he be doing with the people in question #6?
9. Why can't Brennan sleep and why does he dig a skull out of the dirt?
10. How does Brennan feel about the person driving the van and how does he feel about the kids in it by the time they arrive?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)