|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan's employer like to talk about?
(a) He doesn't talk.
(b) He talks about money.
(c) He talks about his girlfriend.
(d) He talks about his family.
2. What does Brennan's hobby do for him?
(a) Earns him money.
(b) Keeps him in shape.
(c) Helps him express his artistic ability.
(d) Keeps him out of his house.
3. What does Coyote Runs call his mother when she lights the cook fire?
(a) She Who Weaves Flame.
(b) Power mother.
(c) Mother of fire.
(d) Mother of Magic.
4. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
(b) Show it to Bill.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Studies it.
5. Where is Coyote Runs shot?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the ankle.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) In the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
2. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
3. What does Coyote Runs call the place he has gone to time after time to pray?
4. What does Coyote Runs hope to do when he gets home?
5. How many soldiers approach Coyote Runs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the soldier find Coyote Runs and what happens when he finds Coyote Runs?
2. When does Coyote Runs' group travel and where do they stop to rest?
3. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
4. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
5. What does Coyote Runs learn he will be doing soon and which of his friends will be doing it also?
6. What does Brennan suggest at the camp site to settle the children?
7. Why is the event in question #1 significant to Coyote Runs and how has he prepared for this event?
8. Where does the van in which Brennan is riding stop and then what do they do?
9. How close is Brennan and his father and what happens that hurts his mother?
10. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)