|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs call a match for lighting a fire?
(a) Power stick.
(b) Lucifer stick.
(c) Black powder.
(d) Magic flame.
2. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
3. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
(a) Mosquito netting.
(b) Hot Chocolate.
(d) His MP3 player.
4. To where does Coyote Runs head?
(a) Across the desert.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To a nearby canyon.
(d) To the river.
5. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) Bill was too nice.
(b) They came from broken homes.
(c) They lived on the streets.
(d) They were just young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
2. What does Brennan think he hears in the dark?
3. What did Brennan feel when he held his breath when he was first staring at the cottonwoods?
4. For whom does Brennan work?
5. What does Coyote Runs quickly realize in the chaos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan do when he first arrives at his destination and what is he told? What is his response?
2. Where is Brennan by morning and what does he find there?
3. What does Mr. Homesley say about the second source of information?
4. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
5. How does Brennan feel about the person driving the van and how does he feel about the kids in it by the time they arrive?
6. How hard is Brennan's job and what does his boss talk about?
7. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
8. Why does Brennan think the skull belonged to a young person?
9. What reason comes to Brennan when he thinks about keeping the skull?
10. How long does it take for more information to come to Brennan and what does he do when Mr. Homesley calls about it?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)