|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Drug their hot chocolate.
(b) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(c) Make them run five miles with their packs.
(d) Hit them over the head.
2. What did Brennan think the cliffs were like?
(a) Evidence of angry nature.
(c) A torture chamber.
(d) A cemetary.
3. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Shoot one of the warriors.
(b) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
(c) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(d) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
4. What does Brennan do with the skull?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Puts it in his backpack.
(c) Shows it to Bill.
(d) Buries it.
5. What does Coyote Runs hope to do when he gets home?
(a) Hear his mother say she is proud of him.
(b) Make the horse he is riding his own.
(c) Make a saddle.
(d) Acquire a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of horse does Coyote Runs ride on the way home?
2. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
3. What does Brennan notice in Chapter 2 as he approaches the house?
4. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
5. What did Bill say to Brennan's mother about what the spot by the springs looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the event in question #1 significant to Coyote Runs and how has he prepared for this event?
2. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
3. How hard is Brennan's job and what does his boss talk about?
4. Where does the van in which Brennan is riding stop and then what do they do?
5. What does Coyote Runs believe about him and bullets and what does he do after catching up with the rest of the raiding party?
6. What does Brennan do as the kids begin to settle down?
7. How does Brennan feel about the person driving the van and how does he feel about the kids in it by the time they arrive?
8. Where does Coyote Runs go after Magpie is shot, what has happened to him and his horse? How does that affect what he does?
9. Where does Brennan's mother tell him they are going and with whom?
10. How close is Brennan and his father and what happens that hurts his mother?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)