|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
(a) White Sands.
(b) Death Sands.
(c) White Death.
(d) The Journey of Death.
2. How old is Coyote Runs?
3. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Shoot one of the warriors.
(b) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(c) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
(d) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
4. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
5. What did Coyote Runs' people call the white soldiers?
(a) Long guns.
(d) Yellow Scarfs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
2. How does Coyote Runs think he must be on his quest to be a man?
3. What does Brennan's mother tell him in Chapter 4 when he arrives home?
4. What does Bill say about the canyons in which they are located?
5. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brennan notice as he is arriving at his house in Chapter 2?
2. What happens to the group of warriors the day after the raid?
3. Where does Brennan's mother tell him they are going and with whom?
4. What horse is Coyote Runs riding after the raid and what are his hopes concerning it?
5. What does Brennan Cole like to do and how does it help him?
6. What does Coyote Runs believe about him and bullets and what does he do after catching up with the rest of the raiding party?
7. Where does Coyote Runs go after Magpie is shot, what has happened to him and his horse? How does that affect what he does?
8. What does Brennan do immediately with skull and what is his guess about it?
9. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
10. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)