|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
2. What kind of saddle does Magpie own?
(a) A saddle made from Texan steer.
(b) He doesn't own a saddle.
(c) A Mexican saddle with silver on it.
(d) An old U.S. calvery saddle.
3. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
(a) Change the saddles to fresh horses.
(b) Go in the opposite direction to draw off any pursuit.
(c) Follow behind them.
(d) He doesn't have specific instructions.
4. What kind of horse does Coyote Runs ride on the way home?
(a) A pinto.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A palomino.
(d) A sorrel.
5. How does the raiding party proceed home?
(a) Slowly, sneaking through the hills.
(b) On fresh horses.
(c) On what they stole.
(d) In the opposite direction of where they want to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two activities Brennan's mother became involved in that he managed to avoid?
2. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
3. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
4. Who ran the school Coyote Runs attended?
5. What did Coyote Runs' people call the white soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
2. What horse is Coyote Runs riding after the raid and what are his hopes concerning it?
3. How hard is Brennan's job and what does his boss talk about?
4. What does Brennan Cole like to do and how does it help him?
5. Where does the van in which Brennan is riding stop and then what do they do?
6. How does Brennan feel about the person driving the van and how does he feel about the kids in it by the time they arrive?
7. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
8. Why is the event in question #1 significant to Coyote Runs and how has he prepared for this event?
9. What does Brennan hear and what does he do with the skull?
10. What kind of gun does Coyote Runs have and what will he be doing with the people in question #6?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)