|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
(a) Cacti branches.
(b) Tin canteens.
(c) Clay pots.
(d) Leather water skins.
2. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Drug their hot chocolate.
(b) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(c) Make them run five miles with their packs.
(d) Hit them over the head.
3. What kind of weapon does Coyote Runs have?
(a) A tomahawk.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
4. What does Brennan like to talk about while working?
(a) He talks about his father.
(b) He talks about his mother.
(c) He talks about school.
(d) He just likes to stay quiet and think.
5. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
(a) His mother looked so hopeful.
(b) He couldn't think of one.
(c) Bill seemed really fun.
(d) He hoped to get a new pair of shoes out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan's mother tell him in Chapter 4 when he arrives home?
2. What happens to Coyote Runs' horse?
3. How does the raiding party keep its horses quiet?
4. How old is Coyote Runs?
5. How does Brennan feel about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
2. What happens to the group of warriors the day after the raid?
3. What does Brennan hear and what does he do with the skull?
4. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
5. Where does Brennan's mother tell him they are going and with whom?
6. Why can't Brennan sleep and why does he dig a skull out of the dirt?
7. How close is Brennan and his father and what happens that hurts his mother?
8. What does Brennan do as the kids begin to settle down?
9. Why is the event in question #1 significant to Coyote Runs and how has he prepared for this event?
10. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)