|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Brennan work?
2. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Shoot one of the warriors.
(b) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(c) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(d) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
3. With whom are Brennan and his mother doing the event in question #20?
(a) Victor Neuenberg.
(b) Alan Warner.
(c) Bill Halverson.
(d) Paul Trouson.
4. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
(a) His mother looked so hopeful.
(b) He couldn't think of one.
(c) Bill seemed really fun.
(d) He hoped to get a new pair of shoes out of it.
5. What does Brennan think the men in his mother's life do?
(a) Help her financially.
(b) Teach her interesting trivial facts.
(c) Hurt her.
(d) Amuse her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brennan think the cliffs were like?
2. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
3. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
4. What does Coyote Runs quickly realize in the chaos?
5. How old is Coyote Runs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Brennan sleep and why does he dig a skull out of the dirt?
2. How does the soldier find Coyote Runs and what happens when he finds Coyote Runs?
3. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
4. What does Brennan do immediately with skull and what is his guess about it?
5. How hard is Brennan's job and what does his boss talk about?
6. When does Coyote Runs' group travel and where do they stop to rest?
7. Why does Brennan work and for whom does he work?
8. How does Brennan feel about the person driving the van and how does he feel about the kids in it by the time they arrive?
9. In Chapter 3, where is Coyote Runs going and who is he following?
10. Who does Coyote Runs' group encounter as they are heading to their destination, and how do they handle that encounter?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)