|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Shoot one of the warriors.
(b) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(c) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
(d) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
2. What does the soldier who shoots Coyote Runs do as he pulls the trigger?
(a) Closes his eyes.
(b) Jokes with his companions.
(c) Prays for him.
(d) Lectures him on stealing.
3. Where is a gun pressed against Coyote Runs?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His back.
(d) His chest.
4. What does Brennan's employer like to talk about?
(a) He talks about his family.
(b) He doesn't talk.
(c) He talks about his girlfriend.
(d) He talks about money.
5. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Hit them over the head.
(b) Drug their hot chocolate.
(c) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(d) Make them run five miles with their packs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
2. Why does Brennan work?
3. How does the raiding party proceed home?
4. What does Brennan think he hears in the dark?
5. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
2. What happens to the group of warriors the day after the raid?
3. What is Coyote Runs told to do on the raid?
4. How does Brennan feel about the person driving the van and how does he feel about the kids in it by the time they arrive?
5. What does Brennan pass in the canyon and what does he know?
6. What does Brennan Cole like to do and how does it help him?
7. What does Brennan notice as he is arriving at his house in Chapter 2?
8. Why is the event in question #1 significant to Coyote Runs and how has he prepared for this event?
9. What does Brennan do immediately with skull and what is his guess about it?
10. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)