|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coyote Runs believe he can escape bullets?
(a) He has danced the ghost dance.
(b) He is carrying a lucky knife.
(c) A rancher fires at him but missed.
(d) He is too young to die.
2. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) His horse.
(b) His blood trail.
(c) They see his shadow.
(d) Displaced rocks.
3. Why is Brennan annoyed about being in the van?
(a) His mother acts like Bill is perfect.
(b) The kids annoy him.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) He is in the far back seat.
4. Why does Brennan work?
(a) To build up his muscles.
(b) So he can buy a car.
(c) To save money for college.
(d) To help pay for his clothes and other things.
5. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
(a) A rival Indian tribe.
(c) The ranchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs call his mother when she lights the cook fire?
2. How does Brennan feel about his father?
3. What kind of weapon does Coyote Runs have?
4. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
5. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How close is Brennan and his father and what happens that hurts his mother?
2. What does Brennan notice as he is arriving at his house in Chapter 2?
3. What kind of school and where is it that Coyote Runs attended and who attended with him?
4. What is Coyote Runs told to do on the raid?
5. Why is the event in question #1 significant to Coyote Runs and how has he prepared for this event?
6. When does Coyote Runs' group travel and where do they stop to rest?
7. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
8. What was the school Coyote Runs' attended suppose to do for him?
9. What happens to the group of warriors the day after the raid?
10. What does Bill tell the children about and what is the name of the canyon near them that relates to his story?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)