|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
(a) Throws it away.
(c) Studies it.
(d) Show it to Bill.
2. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
(a) Horse Canyon.
(b) Tomb Rock Canyon.
(c) Sandy Canyon.
(d) Dry Gulch Canyon.
3. How many soldiers approach Coyote Runs?
4. What does Coyote Runs call a match for lighting a fire?
(a) Black powder.
(b) Power stick.
(c) Lucifer stick.
(d) Magic flame.
5. What does Brennan's mother tell him in Chapter 4 when he arrives home?
(a) They are going to go shopping.
(b) They are going on a camping trip.
(c) They are going on a cruise.
(d) They are going to El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill say they needed to do when they arrived at the springs?
2. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
3. What does Brennan notice in Chapter 2 as he approaches the house?
4. Why does Coyote Runs believe he can escape bullets?
5. What will Coyote Runs be doing when the warriors stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of school and where is it that Coyote Runs attended and who attended with him?
2. What is suggested about why the person to whom the skull belongs was killed and what suggestion is made for Brennan to find more information?
3. What happens as Brennan climbs some rocks and what is his response?
4. What does Brennan do as the kids begin to settle down?
5. What does Brennan notice as he is arriving at his house in Chapter 2?
6. How does the soldier find Coyote Runs and what happens when he finds Coyote Runs?
7. What does Brennan find deep in the canyon and what does he do?
8. What does Brennan find out when he comes home in Chapter 21?
9. What does Brennan suggest at the camp site to settle the children?
10. What kind of relationship do Brennan and Mr. Homesley end up having?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)