|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
(a) Cut the veins on their horses and drink the blood.
(b) Dig a well.
(c) Cut cacti.
(d) Use a water wagon.
2. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
(a) Look in the grass for a beetle.
(b) Study the history of beetles.
(c) Dissect a beetle.
(d) Build a model of a beetle colony.
3. Where do Mr. Homesley and Brennan take the skull?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) To the school.
(d) To the police station.
4. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
(a) It is the skull of a white soldier.
(b) It belonged to someone young.
(c) It was his in another incarnation.
(d) It belongs to a girl.
5. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
(a) A month.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
6. What does Brennan hear in the distance?
(a) Owls hooting.
(b) Small animals scurrying in the mesquite bushes.
(c) Cars going down the highway.
(d) Nothing, the desert was silent.
7. What is the size of the bullet hole in the forehead of the skull?
(a) About the size of his palm.
(b) About half the size of his palm.
(c) About the size of a green pea.
(d) About the size of his thumbprint.
8. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Thank Doctor Tibbetts.
(c) Take him up to the canyons.
(d) Take him home. Call Brennan's mother.
9. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
(a) So they could discuss it.
(b) To help rid the world of beetles.
(c) To feed the ants in the ant farm.
(d) To see how many different ones he could find.
10. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
(b) If he was an adult.
(c) If he actually had a gun.
(d) In what canyon was the body buried.
11. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
(a) They are bad for the ecology of the Earth.
(b) They eat almost anything.
(c) They are often killed with pesticides.
(d) They are the most numerous species on Earth.
12. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
13. Why does Tibbets say it is a good bet the skull was killed by soldiers?
(a) Ranchers used pistols.
(b) They were the only people with rifles.
(c) They routinely executed prisoners.
(d) They used large bore rifles.
14. What does Brennan feel the first time he listens to classical music at Mr. Homesley's house?
(a) That the music had sunk into him.
(b) That he liked Pink Floyd better.
(c) That the Homesleys had wasted a lot of money on their music.
(d) That is was boring.
15. How does Brennan see where he is going when night falls?
(a) He had a flashlight.
(b) The moon and stars.
(c) There are streetlights on the highway.
(d) The moon is completely full.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
2. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
3. What happens when Brennan looks back at the men?
4. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
5. What does Dr. Tibbets offer Brennan to drink?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)