|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
(a) That he didn't break the law.
(b) That the skull belongs to an Indian.
(c) That the skull is from a young child.
(d) That the skull is a white soldier.
2. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
(a) Look for the greenest plants.
(b) Dig under large rocks.
(c) Use the yucca plant.
(d) Kill small animals.
3. In what does Brennan carry the skull to Dr. Tibbets?
(a) His mother's hat box.
(b) His backpack.
(c) A tennis shoe box.
(d) It was wrapped in a towel.
4. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It could be a crime area.
(b) It is a State Preserve.
(c) It is National Forest Land.
(d) It was an Indian burial grounds.
5. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
(a) He doesn't know if he can get across it.
(b) He has run in the desert many times.
(c) He will move only at night.
(d) He believes Coyote Runs will help him.
6. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
(a) They had small insect holes in them.
(b) The print was uneven and the headlines were from past events.
(c) The newspapers crumbled.
(d) The newspapers were yellow.
7. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
(a) For his music hobby.
(b) His wife is an engineer.
(c) He's a ham radio operator.
(d) He repairs electronics as a side business.
8. How does Brennan elude the men chasing him?
(a) Hiding under a boulder.
(b) Going into a cave they were too big to enter.
(c) Up an old Apache climbing path.
(d) Buried in the sand.
9. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
(a) An expert pathologist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A anthropologist.
10. What kind of environmental conditions d0 patrol reports write about?
(a) Dust and heat.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(c) Cool and dry.
(d) Hot and wet.
11. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
(b) In what canyon was the body buried.
(c) If he actually had a gun.
(d) If he was an adult.
12. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
(a) Puts a wig on it.
(b) Measures it.
(c) Draws a picture of the person from the topographical features.
(d) Meditates on it.
13. What is Brennan feeling while waiting for information from Homesley's friend?
14. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
(a) They are the most numerous species on Earth.
(b) They are often killed with pesticides.
(c) They eat almost anything.
(d) They are bad for the ecology of the Earth.
15. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brennan feel about the dark as he is running?
2. How does Brennan think he will be able to run in the desert?
3. What does Brennan ask his mother at the breakfast table on Friday?
4. Why do ranchers take their families to El Paso?
5. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)