|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan hear in the night after he falls down?
(b) A rattle snake.
(d) Horses running.
2. What kind of officials are standing with Brennan's mother?
(a) Two sheriffs.
(b) Two highway patroll officers.
(c) A National Forest Ranger.
(d) A city policeman.
3. What does Mr. Homesley call the mixture he and Tibbets used in Vietnam?
(a) A speedy cocktail.
(b) A Murphy drip.
(c) Black gold.
(d) Viet Nam taiti.
4. Why does Tibbets say it is a good bet the skull was killed by soldiers?
(a) Ranchers used pistols.
(b) They used large bore rifles.
(c) They were the only people with rifles.
(d) They routinely executed prisoners.
5. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
6. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Granola bars and water.
(b) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
(c) Water and bread.
(d) Soda and chips.
7. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
8. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
(a) Her work clothes.
(b) Tan pants and Bill's jacket.
(c) Jeans and one of his jackets.
(d) Shorts and a T-shirt.
9. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
(a) To avoid snakes.
(b) In case a car came near and would pick him up.
(c) To avoid unexploded artillery.
(d) So he wouldn't get caught in deep sand.
10. What does Brennan think about the commanding officer's reply to Mrs. Gebhart?
(a) He is lying.
(b) He is involed with Mrs. Gephart.
(c) He is a decent man.
(d) He helps Indians.
11. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
(a) With the rest of his skeleton.
(b) Under a rock in the cave.
(c) Where he found it.
(d) At the medicine place.
12. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
(a) That he didn't break the law.
(b) That the skull belongs to an Indian.
(c) That the skull is a white soldier.
(d) That the skull is from a young child.
13. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
14. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
(a) Orion the Hunter.
(b) The Southern Cross.
(c) The moon.
(d) The Big Dipper and North Star.
15. Why does Brennan think a fire would be nice?
(a) The air iss cold and the dew damp.
(b) To keep away the animals.
(c) So he could pretend he is camping.
(d) So he could see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan remember about a man who was shot in the head in Vietnam and the man's face when it happened?
2. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
3. Why hasn't Brennan called the police or told his mother about the skull?
4. How do the men with Brennan's mother sound about Brennan running there in a day and a night?
5. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)