|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It is National Forest Land.
(b) It could be a crime area.
(c) It is a State Preserve.
(d) It was an Indian burial grounds.
2. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
(a) Bill and his mother.
(b) His job.
(c) His father.
(d) The skull.
3. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) In what canyon was the body buried.
(b) If he was an adult.
(c) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
(d) If he actually had a gun.
4. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
(a) That was where the raiding party had stopped for the night.
(b) That was where he had died.
(c) There was water nearby.
(d) That was the place where the soldiers found him and Magpie.
5. Where do Mr. Homesley and Brennan take the skull?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To the school.
(c) To the police station.
(d) To the library.
6. What kind of environmental conditions d0 patrol reports write about?
(a) Dust and heat.
(b) Cool and dry.
(c) Hot and wet.
(d) Cold and rainy.
7. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
8. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
(a) He has run in the desert many times.
(b) He will move only at night.
(c) He believes Coyote Runs will help him.
(d) He doesn't know if he can get across it.
9. What does Mr. Homesley call the mixture he and Tibbets used in Vietnam?
(a) Black gold.
(b) Viet Nam taiti.
(c) A speedy cocktail.
(d) A Murphy drip.
10. Where does Brennan meet Dr. Tibbets?
(a) At the morgue.
(b) At Tibbets' home.
(c) At Mr. Homesley's home.
(d) At a local restaurant.
11. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
(a) Thirty miles.
(b) Forty miles.
(c) Fifteen miles.
(d) Fifty to sixty miles.
12. How does Brennan leave his house?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through the garage.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) Through a window.
13. What color is the place in question #121?
14. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
(a) A blister beetle.
(b) A carpet beetle.
(c) A whirligig beetle.
(d) A longhorn beetle.
15. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
(a) They had small insect holes in them.
(b) The newspapers were yellow.
(c) The newspapers crumbled.
(d) The print was uneven and the headlines were from past events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
2. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
3. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
4. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
5. How does Brennan think he will be able to run in the desert?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)