|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers report occurred before Coyote Runs was killed?
(a) A rattler bit Coyote Runs.
(b) An exchange of gunfire.
(c) Coyote Runs killed a soldier.
(d) Coyote Runs was holding rifle.
2. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
(a) Sand River.
(b) White Mountain.
(c) Seven Canyons.
(d) Black Forest.
3. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
(a) He is quite fat.
(b) He is short and thin.
(c) He is tall and thin.
(d) He is short and stocky.
4. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
(a) Thank Doctor Tibbetts.
(b) Take him home. Call Brennan's mother.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Take him up to the canyons.
5. What does Mr. Homesley say about Brennan going into the canyon alone?
(a) Someone should go with him.
(b) He is being guided by a dead Indian.
(c) He might get hurt.
(d) He'll be fine.
6. How does Brennan think he will be able to run in the desert?
(a) He will have to hitchhike.
(b) He will take it very slow.
(c) Coyote Runs will help him.
(d) He has run close to that distance before.
7. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
(a) Suffs it in his pocket.
(b) Wraps it around his forehead.
(c) Ties it to his belt.
(d) Ties it to his arm.
8. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
(a) The skull is not Coyote Runs'.
(b) He should keep the skull.
(c) Coyote Runs has possesed him.
(d) He wants to know more.
9. What does Brennan feel the first time he listens to classical music at Mr. Homesley's house?
(a) That the Homesleys had wasted a lot of money on their music.
(b) That the music had sunk into him.
(c) That he liked Pink Floyd better.
(d) That is was boring.
10. How does Brennan see where he is going when night falls?
(a) He had a flashlight.
(b) The moon and stars.
(c) The moon is completely full.
(d) There are streetlights on the highway.
11. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
(a) That the skull is from a young child.
(b) That the skull is a white soldier.
(c) That the skull belongs to an Indian.
(d) That he didn't break the law.
12. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
(a) Build a model of a beetle colony.
(b) Look in the grass for a beetle.
(c) Dissect a beetle.
(d) Study the history of beetles.
13. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
(a) A bowl of ice cream.
(b) Some chips and dip.
(c) Toast and eggs.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
14. What does Brennan wish about Mr. Homesley?
(a) That he was single.
(b) That his mother had married Homesley and he was Brennan's father.
(c) That he wasn't leaving the area.
(d) That he was Brennan's age.
15. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) He ran in a crouch.
(b) Dunes and brush.
(c) He hid behind boulders.
(d) The dark of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first reason Brennan gives his mother for not telling her about the skull?
2. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
3. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
4. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
5. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)