|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Brennan's activities with Mr. Homeley lead?
(a) Brennan building an ant farm at home.
(b) A friendship of sorts.
(c) Brennan joining the science club.
(d) Brennan deciding to study entomology.
2. What does Brennan wonder about the age of the person to whom the skull belonged?
(a) If it was a child.
(b) If it can be determined what the age of the person was.
(c) If it was someone his own age.
(d) If it was an adult.
3. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
(a) The print was uneven and the headlines were from past events.
(b) They had small insect holes in them.
(c) The newspapers crumbled.
(d) The newspapers were yellow.
4. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
(a) Cut cacti.
(b) Dig a well.
(c) Use a water wagon.
(d) Cut the veins on their horses and drink the blood.
5. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
6. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him about snakes?
(a) Night is when the snakes hunted.
(b) There were no snakes in that part of the desert.
(c) He could push a stick ahead of him in the sand.
(d) They did not move at night.
7. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
(a) To help rid the world of beetles.
(b) To feed the ants in the ant farm.
(c) So they could discuss it.
(d) To see how many different ones he could find.
8. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
(a) Thirty miles.
(b) Forty miles.
(c) Fifty to sixty miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
9. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
(a) Keep the soldiers occupied.
(b) Find lost settlers.
(c) Capture wild mustangs.
(d) Maintain public order and engage hostiles.
10. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
(a) His wife is an engineer.
(b) He's a ham radio operator.
(c) For his music hobby.
(d) He repairs electronics as a side business.
11. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
(a) Take him home. Call Brennan's mother.
(b) Thank Doctor Tibbetts.
(c) Take him up to the canyons.
(d) Call the police.
12. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is short and stocky.
(c) He is tall and thin.
(d) He is quite fat.
13. How does Brennan feel about the dark as he is running?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is a friend.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It is an enemy.
14. What color is the place in question #121?
15. What kind of officials are standing with Brennan's mother?
(a) A National Forest Ranger.
(b) Two highway patroll officers.
(c) Two sheriffs.
(d) A city policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan wish about Mr. Homesley?
2. What kind of environmental conditions d0 patrol reports write about?
3. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
4. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
5. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)