|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
(a) Jeans and one of his jackets.
(b) Her work clothes.
(c) Tan pants and Bill's jacket.
(d) Shorts and a T-shirt.
2. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A anthropologist.
(d) An expert pathologist.
3. How does Brennan feel about the dark as he is running?
(a) It is a friend.
(b) It is an enemy.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It is exciting.
4. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
(a) They are often killed with pesticides.
(b) They are the most numerous species on Earth.
(c) They are bad for the ecology of the Earth.
(d) They eat almost anything.
5. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
(a) Some chips and dip.
(b) Toast and eggs.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
(d) A bowl of ice cream.
6. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
(a) The road around the mountain overlooking El Paso.
(b) To his mother's work.
(c) On the school track.
(d) Around his neighborhood.
7. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him about snakes?
(a) Night is when the snakes hunted.
(b) There were no snakes in that part of the desert.
(c) He could push a stick ahead of him in the sand.
(d) They did not move at night.
8. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
9. What does Mr. Homesley say about Brennan going into the canyon alone?
(a) Someone should go with him.
(b) He is being guided by a dead Indian.
(c) He'll be fine.
(d) He might get hurt.
10. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
(a) Dig under large rocks.
(b) Use the yucca plant.
(c) Kill small animals.
(d) Look for the greenest plants.
11. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
(a) He believes Coyote Runs will help him.
(b) He has run in the desert many times.
(c) He doesn't know if he can get across it.
(d) He will move only at night.
12. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is tall and thin.
(c) He is short and stocky.
(d) He is quite fat.
13. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
(a) Nighttime panic attacks.
(b) Anger management problems.
(c) Strange dreams.
(d) A larger appetite than normal.
14. In what direction does Brennan go when he leaves his home?
15. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
(a) He's a ham radio operator.
(b) For his music hobby.
(c) His wife is an engineer.
(d) He repairs electronics as a side business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
2. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
3. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
4. What color is the place in question #121?
5. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)