|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hasn't Brennan called the police or told his mother about the skull?
(a) He is afraid he broke the law.
(b) He thinks it is cool to have a skull.
(c) He doesn't want his mother to punish him.
(d) When he tries there is too much pressure in his head.
2. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
(a) He should call the police.
(b) He should return it to the canyon.
(c) He should donate it to a museum.
(d) He should keep it.
3. What does Mr. Homesley say about God and beetles?
(a) Maybe God looks like a beetle.
(b) Maybe God created earth for the beetles.
(c) God must really like beetles.
(d) God was nice to provide food for the ants.
4. Why does Brennan think a fire would be nice?
(a) To keep away the animals.
(b) So he could pretend he is camping.
(c) So he could see.
(d) The air iss cold and the dew damp.
5. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
(a) Coyote Runs has possesed him.
(b) He wants to know more.
(c) He should keep the skull.
(d) The skull is not Coyote Runs'.
6. To what did Brennan's activities with Mr. Homeley lead?
(a) Brennan building an ant farm at home.
(b) Brennan joining the science club.
(c) A friendship of sorts.
(d) Brennan deciding to study entomology.
7. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
(a) It is the skull of a white soldier.
(b) It belonged to someone young.
(c) It was his in another incarnation.
(d) It belongs to a girl.
8. Who does Brennan decide to ask to learn more about the skull?
(b) His mother.
(c) Mr. Homesley.
9. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
(a) His boss's truck at his house.
(b) Bill's car parked out front.
(c) Police cars in front of his house.
(d) A couple of kids from school looking at him.
10. What does Brennan wish about Mr. Homesley?
(a) That his mother had married Homesley and he was Brennan's father.
(b) That he was single.
(c) That he was Brennan's age.
(d) That he wasn't leaving the area.
11. What does Mr. Homesley do in the military?
(b) Medic in Vietnam.
(c) Lab technician.
(d) Military historian.
12. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
(a) They are often killed with pesticides.
(b) They are bad for the ecology of the Earth.
(c) They are the most numerous species on Earth.
(d) They eat almost anything.
13. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
(a) White Mountain.
(b) Seven Canyons.
(c) Sand River.
(d) Black Forest.
14. What kind of officials are standing with Brennan's mother?
(a) Two highway patroll officers.
(b) Two sheriffs.
(c) A National Forest Ranger.
(d) A city policeman.
15. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
(a) Strange dreams.
(b) Nighttime panic attacks.
(c) A larger appetite than normal.
(d) Anger management problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
2. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
3. How does Brennan leave his house?
4. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
5. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)