|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
(a) A month.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
2. What interferes with Brennan's time with Mr. Homesley during the summer?
(a) Brennan's work.
(b) Mr. Homesley leaves during the summer months.
(c) Mr. Homesley doesn't see students during the summer.
(d) Brennan doesn't think about school in the summer.
3. What does Brennan do when the men jump at him?
(a) Kicks sand in their eyes.
(b) Pushes Mr. Homesley in front of them.
(c) Runs between them.
(d) Falls backwards over a dune.
4. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
(a) Under a rock in the cave.
(b) Where he found it.
(c) At the medicine place.
(d) With the rest of his skeleton.
5. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
(a) His boss's truck at his house.
(b) Bill's car parked out front.
(c) Police cars in front of his house.
(d) A couple of kids from school looking at him.
6. From what band of Apaches was Coyote Runs?
(a) Swift Run bank
(b) Table Mesa band.
(c) Canyon Mesa band.
(d) Horse Mesa band.
7. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
(a) A larger appetite than normal.
(b) Anger management problems.
(c) Strange dreams.
(d) Nighttime panic attacks.
8. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Soda and chips.
(b) Granola bars and water.
(c) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
(d) Water and bread.
9. What does Brennan see where he meets Dr. Tibbets?
(a) An Indian waiter.
(b) Metal tables and bright lights.
(c) A skeleton in Tibbets' foyer.
(d) Mr. Homesley's music room.
10. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
(a) His job.
(b) The skull.
(c) Bill and his mother.
(d) His father.
11. How does Brennan leave his house?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through the back door.
(c) Through the garage.
(d) Through the front door.
12. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
(a) Capture wild mustangs.
(b) Maintain public order and engage hostiles.
(c) Keep the soldiers occupied.
(d) Find lost settlers.
13. What saying keeps running through Brennan's head?
(a) Take me, spirit.
(b) Mercy, please.
(c) Take me home.
(d) I am a man.
14. To what did Brennan's activities with Mr. Homeley lead?
(a) Brennan joining the science club.
(b) Brennan deciding to study entomology.
(c) Brennan building an ant farm at home.
(d) A friendship of sorts.
15. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
(a) It will be thrown back in the wrong canyon.
(b) It will be thrown in the landfill.
(c) It will be destroyed.
(d) It will be displayed in a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
2. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
3. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
4. What does Brennan remember about a man who was shot in the head in Vietnam and the man's face when it happened?
5. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)