|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
(a) He should donate it to a museum.
(b) He should call the police.
(c) He should keep it.
(d) He should return it to the canyon.
2. Why does Brennan think a fire would be nice?
(a) To keep away the animals.
(b) So he could see.
(c) So he could pretend he is camping.
(d) The air iss cold and the dew damp.
3. Who does Brennan decide to ask to learn more about the skull?
(a) Mr. Homesley.
(c) His mother.
4. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
(a) It belonged to someone young.
(b) It was his in another incarnation.
(c) It is the skull of a white soldier.
(d) It belongs to a girl.
5. What interferes with Brennan's time with Mr. Homesley during the summer?
(a) Brennan doesn't think about school in the summer.
(b) Mr. Homesley leaves during the summer months.
(c) Mr. Homesley doesn't see students during the summer.
(d) Brennan's work.
6. What is Brennan feeling while waiting for information from Homesley's friend?
7. What color is the place in question #121?
8. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
(a) Jeans and one of his jackets.
(b) Tan pants and Bill's jacket.
(c) Her work clothes.
(d) Shorts and a T-shirt.
9. What happens when Brennan looks back at the men?
(a) He falls into a mesquite bush.
(b) He stumbles on a stone.
(c) He kicks a snake.
(d) He rruns into a boulder.
10. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Water and bread.
(b) Granola bars and water.
(c) Soda and chips.
(d) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
11. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
(a) Maintain public order and engage hostiles.
(b) Find lost settlers.
(c) Keep the soldiers occupied.
(d) Capture wild mustangs.
12. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
13. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
14. Why do ranchers take their families to El Paso?
(a) They fear the Indians.
(b) For the weekly dances.
(c) To sell to the soldiers.
(d) So the kids could attend school.
15. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) The dark of the night.
(b) Dunes and brush.
(c) He hid behind boulders.
(d) He ran in a crouch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
2. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
3. How does Brennan feel about the dark as he is running?
4. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
5. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)