|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
(a) Bill's car parked out front.
(b) A couple of kids from school looking at him.
(c) Police cars in front of his house.
(d) His boss's truck at his house.
2. What does Mr. Homesley call the mixture he and Tibbets used in Vietnam?
(a) A Murphy drip.
(b) Black gold.
(c) A speedy cocktail.
(d) Viet Nam taiti.
3. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
(a) Take him up to the canyons.
(b) Take him home. Call Brennan's mother.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Thank Doctor Tibbetts.
4. What does Brennan hear in the night after he falls down?
(b) Horses running.
(c) A rattle snake.
5. What kind of body does Mr. Homesley have?
(a) Tall and very heavy.
(b) Short and wiry.
(c) Tall and skinny.
(d) Short and fat.
6. What does Dr. Tibbets offer Brennan to drink?
(b) A soda.
7. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
(a) To avoid unexploded artillery.
(b) So he wouldn't get caught in deep sand.
(c) To avoid snakes.
(d) In case a car came near and would pick him up.
8. What does Brennan change as the result of Mr. Homesley's interest in him?
(a) The amount of time he spent running.
(b) His study habits and grades.
(c) How often he skipped school.
(d) His opinion of his mother.
9. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
(a) Look for the greenest plants.
(b) Kill small animals.
(c) Dig under large rocks.
(d) Use the yucca plant.
10. What kind of officials are standing with Brennan's mother?
(a) Two sheriffs.
(b) Two highway patroll officers.
(c) A National Forest Ranger.
(d) A city policeman.
11. Why do ranchers take their families to El Paso?
(a) To sell to the soldiers.
(b) For the weekly dances.
(c) They fear the Indians.
(d) So the kids could attend school.
12. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
(a) Suffs it in his pocket.
(b) Ties it to his arm.
(c) Ties it to his belt.
(d) Wraps it around his forehead.
13. What does Brennan decide he has to do with the skull?
(a) Give it to a museum.
(b) Follow the instructions in the dream.
(c) Give it to Dr. Tibbets.
(d) Take it to the Apache reservation.
14. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
(a) So they could discuss it.
(b) To see how many different ones he could find.
(c) To help rid the world of beetles.
(d) To feed the ants in the ant farm.
15. What is the first reason Brennan gives his mother for not telling her about the skull?
(a) He didn't think it was any of her business.
(b) All the kids were there.
(c) He forgot about it.
(d) He was afraid she would faint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
2. How does Brennan feel about the dark as he is running?
3. What does Mr. Homesley tell Brennan about beetles?
4. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
5. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)