|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
2. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
(a) It will be thrown in the landfill.
(b) It will be thrown back in the wrong canyon.
(c) It will be displayed in a museum.
(d) It will be destroyed.
3. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
(a) Sand River.
(b) Black Forest.
(c) Seven Canyons.
(d) White Mountain.
4. How does Brennan think he will be able to run in the desert?
(a) He has run close to that distance before.
(b) He will take it very slow.
(c) Coyote Runs will help him.
(d) He will have to hitchhike.
5. Why do ranchers take their families to El Paso?
(a) To sell to the soldiers.
(b) So the kids could attend school.
(c) For the weekly dances.
(d) They fear the Indians.
6. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
(a) Jeans and one of his jackets.
(b) Tan pants and Bill's jacket.
(c) Shorts and a T-shirt.
(d) Her work clothes.
7. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
(a) His job.
(b) His father.
(c) Bill and his mother.
(d) The skull.
8. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
9. What does Brennan hear in the distance?
(a) Cars going down the highway.
(b) Small animals scurrying in the mesquite bushes.
(c) Owls hooting.
(d) Nothing, the desert was silent.
10. What does Brennan decide he has to do with the skull?
(a) Take it to the Apache reservation.
(b) Give it to Dr. Tibbets.
(c) Give it to a museum.
(d) Follow the instructions in the dream.
11. What does Mr. Homesley call the mixture he and Tibbets used in Vietnam?
(a) A speedy cocktail.
(b) Black gold.
(c) A Murphy drip.
(d) Viet Nam taiti.
12. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
(a) A blister beetle.
(b) A longhorn beetle.
(c) A whirligig beetle.
(d) A carpet beetle.
13. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
(a) Orion the Hunter.
(b) The Big Dipper and North Star.
(c) The Southern Cross.
(d) The moon.
14. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It was an Indian burial grounds.
(b) It is a State Preserve.
(c) It could be a crime area.
(d) It is National Forest Land.
15. How does Brennan see where he is going when night falls?
(a) The moon is completely full.
(b) There are streetlights on the highway.
(c) He had a flashlight.
(d) The moon and stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan change as the result of Mr. Homesley's interest in him?
2. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
3. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
4. What does Brennan feel the first time he listens to classical music at Mr. Homesley's house?
5. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)