|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
(b) If he was an adult.
(c) In what canyon was the body buried.
(d) If he actually had a gun.
2. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
(b) Soda and chips.
(c) Water and bread.
(d) Granola bars and water.
3. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
(a) That the skull belongs to an Indian.
(b) That he didn't break the law.
(c) That the skull is a white soldier.
(d) That the skull is from a young child.
4. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Take him up to the canyons.
(c) Take him home. Call Brennan's mother.
(d) Thank Doctor Tibbetts.
5. How does Brennan think he will be able to run in the desert?
(a) He will have to hitchhike.
(b) He has run close to that distance before.
(c) Coyote Runs will help him.
(d) He will take it very slow.
6. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
(a) Dig under large rocks.
(b) Look for the greenest plants.
(c) Kill small animals.
(d) Use the yucca plant.
7. Where does Brennan meet Dr. Tibbets?
(a) At the morgue.
(b) At Mr. Homesley's home.
(c) At Tibbets' home.
(d) At a local restaurant.
8. What does Brennan think about the commanding officer's reply to Mrs. Gebhart?
(a) He is a decent man.
(b) He helps Indians.
(c) He is involed with Mrs. Gephart.
(d) He is lying.
9. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
10. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
(a) Keep the soldiers occupied.
(b) Capture wild mustangs.
(c) Maintain public order and engage hostiles.
(d) Find lost settlers.
11. What does Brennan hear in the distance?
(a) Nothing, the desert was silent.
(b) Cars going down the highway.
(c) Owls hooting.
(d) Small animals scurrying in the mesquite bushes.
12. How does Brennan leave his house?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through the garage.
13. What happens when Brennan looks back at the men?
(a) He kicks a snake.
(b) He rruns into a boulder.
(c) He falls into a mesquite bush.
(d) He stumbles on a stone.
14. What does Dr. Tibbets offer Brennan to drink?
(b) A soda.
15. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
2. In what does Brennan carry the skull to Dr. Tibbets?
3. How does Brennan elude the men chasing him?
4. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
5. What kind of environmental conditions d0 patrol reports write about?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)