|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Tibbets offer Brennan to drink?
(c) A soda.
2. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
(a) For his music hobby.
(b) His wife is an engineer.
(c) He repairs electronics as a side business.
(d) He's a ham radio operator.
3. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) If he actually had a gun.
(b) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
(c) If he was an adult.
(d) In what canyon was the body buried.
4. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
(a) Measures it.
(b) Meditates on it.
(c) Draws a picture of the person from the topographical features.
(d) Puts a wig on it.
5. About what time in the morning does Brennan finally find the report about Coyote Runs?
(a) About three in the morning.
(b) About one in the morning.
(c) About two in the morning.
(d) About four in the morning.
6. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
(a) To avoid snakes.
(b) In case a car came near and would pick him up.
(c) So he wouldn't get caught in deep sand.
(d) To avoid unexploded artillery.
7. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
(a) Cut cacti.
(b) Cut the veins on their horses and drink the blood.
(c) Dig a well.
(d) Use a water wagon.
8. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
(a) His father.
(b) His job.
(c) The skull.
(d) Bill and his mother.
9. From what band of Apaches was Coyote Runs?
(a) Table Mesa band.
(b) Horse Mesa band.
(c) Canyon Mesa band.
(d) Swift Run bank
10. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It was an Indian burial grounds.
(b) It is a State Preserve.
(c) It is National Forest Land.
(d) It could be a crime area.
11. How does Brennan feel about the dark as he is running?
(a) It is an enemy.
(b) It is scary.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is a friend.
12. What does Brennan feel the first time he listens to classical music at Mr. Homesley's house?
(a) That he liked Pink Floyd better.
(b) That the Homesleys had wasted a lot of money on their music.
(c) That the music had sunk into him.
(d) That is was boring.
13. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
(a) He should call the police.
(b) He should donate it to a museum.
(c) He should return it to the canyon.
(d) He should keep it.
14. What does Brennan assume about the skull that Mr. Homesley says is not necessarily true?
(a) That the skull is from a young child.
(b) That he didn't break the law.
(c) That the skull belongs to an Indian.
(d) That the skull is a white soldier.
15. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Soda and chips.
(b) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
(c) Granola bars and water.
(d) Water and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tibbets say it is a good bet the skull was killed by soldiers?
2. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
3. What does Brennan hear in the place in question #121?
4. What saying keeps running through Brennan's head?
5. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)