|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan hear in the night after he falls down?
(b) A rattle snake.
(d) Horses running.
2. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
(a) It will be destroyed.
(b) It will be thrown back in the wrong canyon.
(c) It will be displayed in a museum.
(d) It will be thrown in the landfill.
3. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
(a) To his mother's work.
(b) The road around the mountain overlooking El Paso.
(c) On the school track.
(d) Around his neighborhood.
4. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
(a) Cut the veins on their horses and drink the blood.
(b) Dig a well.
(c) Cut cacti.
(d) Use a water wagon.
5. Where do Mr. Homesley and Brennan take the skull?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To the school.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the morgue.
6. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Soda and chips.
(b) Granola bars and water.
(c) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
(d) Water and bread.
7. With what is Brennan obsessed with by Chapter 11?
(a) The skull.
(b) His father.
(c) His job.
(d) Bill and his mother.
8. What does Brennan do with his t-shirt when he takes it off while running?
(a) Ties it to his belt.
(b) Wraps it around his forehead.
(c) Ties it to his arm.
(d) Suffs it in his pocket.
9. What happens when Brennan looks back at the men?
(a) He rruns into a boulder.
(b) He stumbles on a stone.
(c) He kicks a snake.
(d) He falls into a mesquite bush.
10. What does Mr. Homesley say about Brennan going into the canyon alone?
(a) He'll be fine.
(b) He might get hurt.
(c) Someone should go with him.
(d) He is being guided by a dead Indian.
11. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
(a) A longhorn beetle.
(b) A carpet beetle.
(c) A blister beetle.
(d) A whirligig beetle.
12. What does Brennan hear in the place in question #121?
(a) The kitchen crew cleaning.
(b) Running water.
(c) The television.
(d) A Wagner symphony.
13. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
(a) Seven Canyons.
(b) Black Forest.
(c) White Mountain.
(d) Sand River.
14. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
(a) In case a car came near and would pick him up.
(b) To avoid snakes.
(c) To avoid unexploded artillery.
(d) So he wouldn't get caught in deep sand.
15. What color is the place in question #121?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him about snakes?
2. What does the voice in Brennan's head tell him to do for water?
3. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
4. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
5. What is Brennan's mother wearing?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)