|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interferes with Brennan's time with Mr. Homesley during the summer?
(a) Mr. Homesley leaves during the summer months.
(b) Mr. Homesley doesn't see students during the summer.
(c) Brennan doesn't think about school in the summer.
(d) Brennan's work.
2. What color is the place in question #121?
3. What does Mr. Homesley call the mixture he and Tibbets used in Vietnam?
(a) Black gold.
(b) A Murphy drip.
(c) A speedy cocktail.
(d) Viet Nam taiti.
4. How does Brennan elude the men chasing him?
(a) Up an old Apache climbing path.
(b) Buried in the sand.
(c) Hiding under a boulder.
(d) Going into a cave they were too big to enter.
5. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
(a) If he actually had a gun.
(b) If Coyote Runs was killed and where.
(c) In what canyon was the body buried.
(d) If he was an adult.
6. What does Brennan change as the result of Mr. Homesley's interest in him?
(a) How often he skipped school.
(b) His study habits and grades.
(c) The amount of time he spent running.
(d) His opinion of his mother.
7. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Take him home. Call Brennan's mother.
(c) Take him up to the canyons.
(d) Thank Doctor Tibbetts.
8. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
(a) Orion the Hunter.
(b) The moon.
(c) The Southern Cross.
(d) The Big Dipper and North Star.
9. How far is it to the canyon where Brennan finds the skull?
(a) Fifty to sixty miles.
(b) Fifteen miles.
(c) Forty miles.
(d) Thirty miles.
10. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
(a) A blister beetle.
(b) A longhorn beetle.
(c) A carpet beetle.
(d) A whirligig beetle.
11. What does Brennan decide he has to do with the skull?
(a) Follow the instructions in the dream.
(b) Give it to a museum.
(c) Take it to the Apache reservation.
(d) Give it to Dr. Tibbets.
12. What does Brennan ask his mother at the breakfast table on Friday?
(a) If she is going to be with Bill that weekend.
(b) If he can go back up to the camping place.
(c) If crazy people can know they are going crazy.
(d) If he can spend the weekend with the Homesleys.
13. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
(a) Cut the veins on their horses and drink the blood.
(b) Dig a well.
(c) Cut cacti.
(d) Use a water wagon.
14. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is quite fat.
(c) He is tall and thin.
(d) He is short and stocky.
15. What is Brennan feeling while waiting for information from Homesley's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Homesley say about God and beetles?
2. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
3. Where did Brennan run Saturday morning Chapter 12?
4. Why does Brennan stay on the road when running near Fort Bliss?
5. Why does Mr. Homesley have so much electronic equipment in his house?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)