|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan wish about Mr. Homesley?
(a) That he wasn't leaving the area.
(b) That he was Brennan's age.
(c) That his mother had married Homesley and he was Brennan's father.
(d) That he was single.
2. How does Brennan see where he is going when night falls?
(a) There are streetlights on the highway.
(b) He had a flashlight.
(c) The moon is completely full.
(d) The moon and stars.
3. What does Brennan see where he meets Dr. Tibbets?
(a) A skeleton in Tibbets' foyer.
(b) An Indian waiter.
(c) Metal tables and bright lights.
(d) Mr. Homesley's music room.
4. What does Dr. Tibbets offer Brennan to drink?
(b) A soda.
5. Why does Brennan think a fire would be nice?
(a) The air iss cold and the dew damp.
(b) To keep away the animals.
(c) So he could pretend he is camping.
(d) So he could see.
6. What does Brennan do when the men jump at him?
(a) Pushes Mr. Homesley in front of them.
(b) Kicks sand in their eyes.
(c) Runs between them.
(d) Falls backwards over a dune.
7. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
(a) To see how many different ones he could find.
(b) To feed the ants in the ant farm.
(c) To help rid the world of beetles.
(d) So they could discuss it.
8. What does Mr. Homesley say about Brennan going into the canyon alone?
(a) He is being guided by a dead Indian.
(b) He'll be fine.
(c) Someone should go with him.
(d) He might get hurt.
9. What does Brennan hear in the distance?
(a) Owls hooting.
(b) Cars going down the highway.
(c) Nothing, the desert was silent.
(d) Small animals scurrying in the mesquite bushes.
10. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
(a) He is quite fat.
(b) He is tall and thin.
(c) He is short and stocky.
(d) He is short and thin.
11. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
(a) It belonged to someone young.
(b) It is the skull of a white soldier.
(c) It was his in another incarnation.
(d) It belongs to a girl.
12. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
(a) With the rest of his skeleton.
(b) At the medicine place.
(c) Under a rock in the cave.
(d) Where he found it.
13. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
(a) His boss's truck at his house.
(b) Bill's car parked out front.
(c) Police cars in front of his house.
(d) A couple of kids from school looking at him.
14. What does Mr. Homesley say about God and beetles?
(a) Maybe God looks like a beetle.
(b) God was nice to provide food for the ants.
(c) God must really like beetles.
(d) Maybe God created earth for the beetles.
15. What do the soldiers report occurred before Coyote Runs was killed?
(a) Coyote Runs killed a soldier.
(b) An exchange of gunfire.
(c) A rattler bit Coyote Runs.
(d) Coyote Runs was holding rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
2. What does Mr. Homesley do in the military?
3. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
4. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
5. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)