|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is tall and thin.
(c) He is quite fat.
(d) He is short and stocky.
2. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
3. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
4. What does Brennan find in the sky to help him?
(a) Orion the Hunter.
(b) The Southern Cross.
(c) The Big Dipper and North Star.
(d) The moon.
5. What does Mr. Homesley do in the military?
(a) Medic in Vietnam.
(c) Lab technician.
(d) Military historian.
6. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
(a) Maintain public order and engage hostiles.
(b) Find lost settlers.
(c) Capture wild mustangs.
(d) Keep the soldiers occupied.
7. What does Brennan use for cover when he approaches the canyon?
(a) The dark of the night.
(b) Dunes and brush.
(c) He hid behind boulders.
(d) He ran in a crouch.
8. What does Mr. Homesley call the mixture he and Tibbets used in Vietnam?
(a) Viet Nam taiti.
(b) Black gold.
(c) A speedy cocktail.
(d) A Murphy drip.
9. Why do the newspapers in the boxes look old to Brennan?
(a) The newspapers were yellow.
(b) They had small insect holes in them.
(c) The print was uneven and the headlines were from past events.
(d) The newspapers crumbled.
10. What saying keeps running through Brennan's head?
(a) I am a man.
(b) Take me home.
(c) Take me, spirit.
(d) Mercy, please.
11. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It could be a crime area.
(b) It was an Indian burial grounds.
(c) It is National Forest Land.
(d) It is a State Preserve.
12. What does Brennan do with the skull to check out his theory on it?
(a) Puts a wig on it.
(b) Meditates on it.
(c) Measures it.
(d) Draws a picture of the person from the topographical features.
13. What subject does Mr. Homesley teach?
14. In what direction does Brennan go when he leaves his home?
15. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
(a) That was where he had died.
(b) That was where the raiding party had stopped for the night.
(c) That was the place where the soldiers found him and Magpie.
(d) There was water nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tibbets say it is a good bet the skull was killed by soldiers?
2. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
3. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
4. What is Mr. Homesley's first thought when Brennan tells him about the skull?
5. What does Brennan feel the first time he listens to classical music at Mr. Homesley's house?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)