|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice tell him when it told him to stop?
(a) That was where he had died.
(b) That was the place where the soldiers found him and Magpie.
(c) That was where the raiding party had stopped for the night.
(d) There was water nearby.
2. What does Brennan wish about Mr. Homesley?
(a) That he wasn't leaving the area.
(b) That he was Brennan's age.
(c) That his mother had married Homesley and he was Brennan's father.
(d) That he was single.
3. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
4. What interferes with Brennan's time with Mr. Homesley during the summer?
(a) Mr. Homesley doesn't see students during the summer.
(b) Brennan's work.
(c) Brennan doesn't think about school in the summer.
(d) Mr. Homesley leaves during the summer months.
5. How long does it take for Mr. Homesley's information to arrive?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Two days.
6. What does Brennan see when he came up to his home after leaving Mr. Homesley?
(a) His boss's truck at his house.
(b) Police cars in front of his house.
(c) Bill's car parked out front.
(d) A couple of kids from school looking at him.
7. Where does Brennan meet Dr. Tibbets?
(a) At a local restaurant.
(b) At the morgue.
(c) At Tibbets' home.
(d) At Mr. Homesley's home.
8. What do the soldiers have to do sometimes to drink?
(a) Cut cacti.
(b) Dig a well.
(c) Use a water wagon.
(d) Cut the veins on their horses and drink the blood.
9. What does Homesley give Brennan when Brennan is going through the boxes?
(a) A bowl of ice cream.
(b) Toast and eggs.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
(d) Some chips and dip.
10. What does Brennan change as the result of Mr. Homesley's interest in him?
(a) How often he skipped school.
(b) His opinion of his mother.
(c) His study habits and grades.
(d) The amount of time he spent running.
11. How many rounds of ammunition is each soldier given on patrol?
12. What does Brennan think about the commanding officer's reply to Mrs. Gebhart?
(a) He is a decent man.
(b) He helps Indians.
(c) He is involed with Mrs. Gephart.
(d) He is lying.
13. How does Brennan feel about the dark as he is running?
(a) It is a friend.
(b) It is an enemy.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It is exciting.
14. What does Brennan get to eat at a convenience store?
(a) Water and bread.
(b) Granola bars and water.
(c) Soda and chips.
(d) Energy drinks and beef jerky.
15. Why does Brennan think he will be able to get across the desert?
(a) He has run in the desert many times.
(b) He believes Coyote Runs will help him.
(c) He doesn't know if he can get across it.
(d) He will move only at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the place in question #121?
2. What does Brennan feel the first time he listens to classical music at Mr. Homesley's house?
3. What does Mr. Homesley say about Brennan going into the canyon alone?
4. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
5. What does Brennan wonder about the age of the person to whom the skull belonged?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)