|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan think drove the west forward?
2. What does Mr. Homesley say about God and beetles?
(a) Maybe God looks like a beetle.
(b) Maybe God created earth for the beetles.
(c) God must really like beetles.
(d) God was nice to provide food for the ants.
3. Who does Mr. Homesley think they need to ask about the skull?
(a) An expert pathologist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A anthropologist.
4. What kind of beetle does Brennan find the first time he looks for a beetle?
(a) A carpet beetle.
(b) A whirligig beetle.
(c) A longhorn beetle.
(d) A blister beetle.
5. What does Dr. Tibbets look like?
(a) He is short and thin.
(b) He is short and stocky.
(c) He is quite fat.
(d) He is tall and thin.
6. What iss the purpose of most of the patrols around Fort Bliss?
(a) Keep the soldiers occupied.
(b) Maintain public order and engage hostiles.
(c) Capture wild mustangs.
(d) Find lost settlers.
7. What does Brennan hear in the distance?
(a) Small animals scurrying in the mesquite bushes.
(b) Cars going down the highway.
(c) Nothing, the desert was silent.
(d) Owls hooting.
8. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
(a) Under a rock in the cave.
(b) At the medicine place.
(c) Where he found it.
(d) With the rest of his skeleton.
9. What is Brennan feeling while waiting for information from Homesley's friend?
10. In what direction does Brennan go when he leaves his home?
11. What does Brennan fear will happen to the skull if the police get it?
(a) It will be destroyed.
(b) It will be displayed in a museum.
(c) It will be thrown in the landfill.
(d) It will be thrown back in the wrong canyon.
12. What does Brennan change as the result of Mr. Homesley's interest in him?
(a) His opinion of his mother.
(b) The amount of time he spent running.
(c) How often he skipped school.
(d) His study habits and grades.
13. Who does Brennan decide to ask to learn more about the skull?
(b) Mr. Homesley.
(c) His mother.
14. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
(a) Strange dreams.
(b) Anger management problems.
(c) Nighttime panic attacks.
(d) A larger appetite than normal.
15. What does Brennan wish about Mr. Homesley?
(a) That he was Brennan's age.
(b) That he was single.
(c) That he wasn't leaving the area.
(d) That his mother had married Homesley and he was Brennan's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do ranchers take their families to El Paso?
2. Why hasn't Brennan called the police or told his mother about the skull?
3. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
4. What does Brennan hear in the night after he falls down?
5. What does Brennan think is the nationality of the soldiers who chased Coyote Runs?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)