|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan decide he has to do with the skull?
(a) Follow the instructions in the dream.
(b) Give it to a museum.
(c) Take it to the Apache reservation.
(d) Give it to Dr. Tibbets.
2. Why do ranchers take their families to El Paso?
(a) To sell to the soldiers.
(b) For the weekly dances.
(c) So the kids could attend school.
(d) They fear the Indians.
3. Where does Brennan leave Coyote Runs' skull?
(a) At the medicine place.
(b) Under a rock in the cave.
(c) Where he found it.
(d) With the rest of his skeleton.
4. How does Brennan leave his house?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through the garage.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through the front door.
5. In what direction does Brennan go when he leaves his home?
6. What does Brennan tell Homesley when Homesley guesses Brennan found some information?
(a) The skull is not Coyote Runs'.
(b) He should keep the skull.
(c) Coyote Runs has possesed him.
(d) He wants to know more.
7. What does Brennan ask Mr. Homesley to do?
(a) Take him up to the canyons.
(b) Take him home. Call Brennan's mother.
(c) Thank Doctor Tibbetts.
(d) Call the police.
8. What does Brennan ask his mother at the breakfast table on Friday?
(a) If he can spend the weekend with the Homesleys.
(b) If he can go back up to the camping place.
(c) If she is going to be with Bill that weekend.
(d) If crazy people can know they are going crazy.
9. Why does Mr. Homesley have Brennan bring a beetle to him everyday?
(a) To feed the ants in the ant farm.
(b) To help rid the world of beetles.
(c) So they could discuss it.
(d) To see how many different ones he could find.
10. What does Dr. Tibbets offer Brennan to drink?
(c) A soda.
11. Why is Brennan not supposed to take things from the canyons?
(a) It was an Indian burial grounds.
(b) It is National Forest Land.
(c) It is a State Preserve.
(d) It could be a crime area.
12. What is Brennan convinced of regarding the skull?
(a) It belonged to someone young.
(b) It belongs to a girl.
(c) It was his in another incarnation.
(d) It is the skull of a white soldier.
13. What does Brennan begin to have in Chapter 11?
(a) A larger appetite than normal.
(b) Anger management problems.
(c) Nighttime panic attacks.
(d) Strange dreams.
14. What does Mr. Homesley convince Brennan to do with him at the school?
(a) Look in the grass for a beetle.
(b) Build a model of a beetle colony.
(c) Study the history of beetles.
(d) Dissect a beetle.
15. What happens when Brennan looks back at the men?
(a) He stumbles on a stone.
(b) He kicks a snake.
(c) He rruns into a boulder.
(d) He falls into a mesquite bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia Gephart ask the commanding officer to tell her?
2. What color is the place in question #121?
3. What is the name of the Apache reservation near Brennan's home?
4. What does Brennan wonder about the age of the person to whom the skull belonged?
5. Where do Mr. Homesley and Brennan take the skull?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)