|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
(a) Hot Chocolate.
(b) His MP3 player.
(d) Mosquito netting.
2. What does Brennan like to talk about while working?
(a) He talks about his father.
(b) He talks about his mother.
(c) He just likes to stay quiet and think.
(d) He talks about school.
3. What is Coyote Runs doing with the warriors in question #9?
(a) Reporting them to the authorities.
(b) Cooking for them.
(c) Following them.
4. What does Coyote Runs quickly realize in the chaos?
(a) Raiding is no fun.
(b) He is too young to be there.
(c) He doesn't realize anything.
(d) His mistake.
5. How does the raiding party keep its horses quiet?
(a) Feed them sugar.
(b) Pinch their nostrils.
(c) Put muzzles on them.
(d) Blindfold them.
6. How did Brennan think of the kids in the van?
(a) As a nest of rats.
(b) A flock of chickens with no heads.
(c) A swarm of mosquitoes.
(d) As a pack of hyenas.
7. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
(a) The kids are too noisy.
(b) The moon is too bright.
(c) Something is pressing into his back.
(d) His mother is talking too loud with Bill.
8. What does the soldier who shoots Coyote Runs do as he pulls the trigger?
(a) Closes his eyes.
(b) Prays for him.
(c) Jokes with his companions.
(d) Lectures him on stealing.
9. What does Brennan hear after he picks up the skull?
(a) A voice in his head.
(b) Mountain lions.
(c) A coyote howling.
(d) A horse running.
10. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
11. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) They came from broken homes.
(b) They lived on the streets.
(c) They were just young.
(d) Bill was too nice.
12. What does Brennan think he hears in the dark?
(a) A coyote howling.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A horse neighing.
13. What does Bill say about the canyons in which they are located?
(a) The Spanish left treasure there.
(b) An entire regiment of soldiers were killed there.
(c) Rumor says they were the last stronghold of the Apaches.
(d) The Apaches never lived there.
14. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
(a) He hoped to get a new pair of shoes out of it.
(b) Bill seemed really fun.
(c) His mother looked so hopeful.
(d) He couldn't think of one.
15. What happens to Coyote Runs' horse?
(a) He runs off.
(b) He is injured.
(c) Nothing happens to it.
(d) He is shot and killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the buildings arranged at Fort Bliss?
2. Why does Brennan put his sleeping bag under a large boulder?
3. Where did Brennan lose a man who was dating his mother when the man went running with him?
4. Where was the white school Coyote Runs had to attend?
5. What did Bill say they needed to do when they arrived at the springs?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)