|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
(a) He becomes confused.
(b) He tries to move the horses without taking off their hobbles.
(c) He forgets to put out the fire.
(d) He falls off his horse.
2. For whom does Brennan work?
3. What will Coyote Runs be when he and the warriors return home?
(a) A man.
(b) The last step before a man.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A chief.
4. What does Brennan do for the person in question #14?
(a) Mows lawns.
(b) Stocks shelves.
(c) Washes dishes.
(d) Delivers papers.
5. What does Brennan's hobby do for him?
(a) Earns him money.
(b) Keeps him in shape.
(c) Keeps him out of his house.
(d) Helps him express his artistic ability.
6. How did Brennan think of the kids in the van?
(a) A swarm of mosquitoes.
(b) As a pack of hyenas.
(c) A flock of chickens with no heads.
(d) As a nest of rats.
7. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
8. Why does Brennan put his sleeping bag under a large boulder?
(a) To get away from the kids.
(b) To keep the dew off his sleeping bag.
(c) To pretend he is hiding from the soldiers.
(d) To shield himself from the sun.
9. How old is Coyote Runs?
10. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
11. How many soldiers approach Coyote Runs?
12. What makes Coyote Runs slow as he goes into the canyon?
(a) His injury.
(b) There are large boulders he has to climb.
(c) It is flooded.
(d) There is no path.
13. How does Coyote Runs think he must be on his quest to be a man?
14. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
(a) Follow behind them.
(b) Change the saddles to fresh horses.
(c) Go in the opposite direction to draw off any pursuit.
(d) He doesn't have specific instructions.
15. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
(a) A rival Indian tribe.
(b) The ranchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coyote Runs call the place he has gone to time after time to pray?
2. What does Brennan's mother often do in the house?
3. What are two activities Brennan's mother became involved in that he managed to avoid?
4. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
5. What does Brennan like to do for fun?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)