|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brennan lose a man who was dating his mother when the man went running with him?
(a) The desert.
(b) Canyon de Diablo.
(c) Canyon de Blanco.
(d) Mount Franklin.
2. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
(a) Bill's adopted children.
(b) Bill's children from his first marriage.
(c) The youth group from Bill's church.
(d) Kids from the homeless shelter.
3. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Drug their hot chocolate.
(b) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(c) Hit them over the head.
(d) Make them run five miles with their packs.
4. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) They lived on the streets.
(b) They came from broken homes.
(c) They were just young.
(d) Bill was too nice.
5. To where does Coyote Runs head?
(a) Across the desert.
(b) To the river.
(c) To a nearby canyon.
(d) To the mountains.
6. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
(a) They attract horse flies.
(b) Their uniforms are too hot.
(c) They are easy to see from a distance.
(d) They are blue.
7. What does Brennan notice in Chapter 2 as he approaches the house?
(a) The house is dark.
(b) There is furniture in the yard.
(c) The house color has changed.
(d) There is someone there Brennan doesn't know.
8. While walking to the camp place what did Brennan decide Bill was not?
(a) A real man.
(b) A whimp.
(c) A runner.
(d) A strong climber.
9. Where are the Indian warriors going in Chapter 3?
(b) Ft. Huachuca.
(c) Fort Apache.
(d) El Paso.
10. Where was the white school Coyote Runs had to attend?
(b) El Paso.
(d) Fort Bliss.
11. What will Coyote Runs be when he and the warriors return home?
(a) A chief.
(b) The last step before a man.
(c) A man.
(d) A warrior.
12. What does Brennan do with the skull?
(a) Shows it to Bill.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Puts it in his backpack.
(d) Throws it away.
13. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
(a) Horse Canyon.
(b) Tomb Rock Canyon.
(c) Sandy Canyon.
(d) Dry Gulch Canyon.
14. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
(a) Tin canteens.
(b) Leather water skins.
(c) Cacti branches.
(d) Clay pots.
15. What does Brennan think about how his mother talks?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She won't talk about his father.
(c) She doesn't talk enough.
(d) She talks about his father too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
2. What does Brennan like to talk about while working?
3. What does Brennan hear after he picks up the skull?
4. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
5. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)