|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan do with the skull?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Shows it to Bill.
(c) Puts it in his backpack.
(d) Buries it.
2. Where did Brennan lose a man who was dating his mother when the man went running with him?
(a) Canyon de Blanco.
(b) The desert.
(c) Mount Franklin.
(d) Canyon de Diablo.
3. What does Brennan like to do for fun?
(b) Collect rocks.
4. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) They lived on the streets.
(b) They were just young.
(c) Bill was too nice.
(d) They came from broken homes.
5. Where does Coyote Runs' tribe occasionally get beef?
(a) Carnigan's Ranch.
(b) Fort McGrady.
(c) The army's herd.
(d) The local mission.
6. How old is Coyote Runs?
7. What does Brennan's mother often do in the house?
(a) Rearranges the furniture.
(b) Entertains someone.
(c) Plays loud orchestra music.
(d) Gets drunk.
8. What makes Coyote Runs slow as he goes into the canyon?
(a) It is flooded.
(b) There are large boulders he has to climb.
(c) His injury.
(d) There is no path.
9. What does Brennan think the men in his mother's life do?
(a) Help her financially.
(b) Teach her interesting trivial facts.
(c) Hurt her.
(d) Amuse her.
10. What did Brennan think the cliffs were like?
(a) A torture chamber.
(c) Evidence of angry nature.
(d) A cemetary.
11. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
(a) Reads with his flashlight.
(b) Plays a game on his cell phone.
(c) Digs in the dirt.
(d) Takes a walk.
12. With whom are Brennan and his mother doing the event in question #20?
(a) Victor Neuenberg.
(b) Alan Warner.
(c) Bill Halverson.
(d) Paul Trouson.
13. What does the event in question #1 mark for Coyote Runs?
(a) First step into manhood.
(b) Finding out his inner name.
(c) Joining his father's family.
(d) The ritual killing of his first deer.
14. What does Brennan think about how his mother talks?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She talks about his father too much.
(c) She won't talk about his father.
(d) She doesn't talk enough.
15. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
(a) Cacti branches.
(b) Leather water skins.
(c) Tin canteens.
(d) Clay pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan like to talk about while working?
2. To where does Coyote Runs head?
3. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
4. Why does Brennan work?
5. How many soldiers approach Coyote Runs?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)