|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
(a) Bill's children from his first marriage.
(b) The youth group from Bill's church.
(c) Kids from the homeless shelter.
(d) Bill's adopted children.
2. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
(a) Soft, shifting sand.
(b) Hard granite.
(c) An old riverbed filled with boulders.
(d) Sand dotted with sage brush.
3. What does Brennan think about how his mother talks?
(a) She talks about his father too much.
(b) She talks too much.
(c) She won't talk about his father.
(d) She doesn't talk enough.
4. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
(a) Reads with his flashlight.
(b) Plays a game on his cell phone.
(c) Digs in the dirt.
(d) Takes a walk.
5. With whom are Brennan and his mother doing the event in question #20?
(a) Victor Neuenberg.
(b) Paul Trouson.
(c) Alan Warner.
(d) Bill Halverson.
6. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
(a) A rival Indian tribe.
(b) The ranchers.
7. Where was the white school Coyote Runs had to attend?
(a) El Paso.
(c) Fort Bliss.
8. What does Brennan's employer like to talk about?
(a) He talks about money.
(b) He doesn't talk.
(c) He talks about his girlfriend.
(d) He talks about his family.
9. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) They lived on the streets.
(b) They came from broken homes.
(c) They were just young.
(d) Bill was too nice.
10. How does the raiding party proceed home?
(a) On what they stole.
(b) On fresh horses.
(c) Slowly, sneaking through the hills.
(d) In the opposite direction of where they want to go.
11. What does Coyote Runs call the place he has gone to time after time to pray?
(a) The medicine place.
(c) The vision circle.
(d) Great Spirit Realm.
12. What kind of weapon does Coyote Runs have?
(a) A gun.
(b) A tomahawk.
(d) A knife.
13. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
(a) Change the saddles to fresh horses.
(b) Follow behind them.
(c) Go in the opposite direction to draw off any pursuit.
(d) He doesn't have specific instructions.
14. Where are the Indian warriors going in Chapter 3?
(a) Fort Apache.
(b) Ft. Huachuca.
(c) El Paso.
15. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
(a) The Journey of Death.
(b) White Sands.
(c) Death Sands.
(d) White Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
2. How does Coyote Runs think he must be on his quest to be a man?
3. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
4. What does Brennan recognize about the skull?
5. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)