|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Coyote Runs think he must be on his quest to be a man?
2. Where was the white school Coyote Runs had to attend?
(a) El Paso.
(d) Fort Bliss.
3. What are two activities Brennan's mother became involved in that he managed to avoid?
(a) Aerobics and health foods.
(b) Tennis and church.
(c) Gardening and piano.
(d) Aerobics and Tennis.
4. Where does Coyote Runs' tribe occasionally get beef?
(a) The army's herd.
(b) Fort McGrady.
(c) Carnigan's Ranch.
(d) The local mission.
5. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
(a) Sand dotted with sage brush.
(b) An old riverbed filled with boulders.
(c) Hard granite.
(d) Soft, shifting sand.
6. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
(a) Hot Chocolate.
(c) Mosquito netting.
(d) His MP3 player.
7. What does Coyote Runs call the place he has gone to time after time to pray?
(a) Great Spirit Realm.
(b) The medicine place.
(c) The vision circle.
8. What does Brennan think the men in his mother's life do?
(a) Amuse her.
(b) Help her financially.
(c) Hurt her.
(d) Teach her interesting trivial facts.
9. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
(a) Sandy Canyon.
(b) Dry Gulch Canyon.
(c) Tomb Rock Canyon.
(d) Horse Canyon.
10. Why is Coyote Runs going to the answer to question #75?
(a) To reach his secret medicine place.
(b) To hide his horse.
(c) To get shade from the sun.
(d) To find some water.
11. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) Displaced rocks.
(b) His blood trail.
(c) His horse.
(d) They see his shadow.
12. What happens to Coyote Runs' horse?
(a) He runs off.
(b) Nothing happens to it.
(c) He is shot and killed.
(d) He is injured.
13. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
(a) Show it to Bill.
(b) Throws it away.
(d) Studies it.
14. What does Bill say about the canyons in which they are located?
(a) Rumor says they were the last stronghold of the Apaches.
(b) The Spanish left treasure there.
(c) An entire regiment of soldiers were killed there.
(d) The Apaches never lived there.
15. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
(a) The Journey of Death.
(b) Death Sands.
(c) White Sands.
(d) White Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
2. Where is a gun pressed against Coyote Runs?
3. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
4. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
5. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)