|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier who shoots Coyote Runs do as he pulls the trigger?
(a) Jokes with his companions.
(b) Lectures him on stealing.
(c) Prays for him.
(d) Closes his eyes.
2. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
3. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
(a) Horse Canyon.
(b) Sandy Canyon.
(c) Tomb Rock Canyon.
(d) Dry Gulch Canyon.
4. What does Coyote Runs quickly realize in the chaos?
(a) He is too young to be there.
(b) His mistake.
(c) Raiding is no fun.
(d) He doesn't realize anything.
5. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
(a) They are blue.
(b) They attract horse flies.
(c) Their uniforms are too hot.
(d) They are easy to see from a distance.
6. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(b) Drug their hot chocolate.
(c) Hit them over the head.
(d) Make them run five miles with their packs.
7. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
(b) A rival Indian tribe.
(d) The ranchers.
8. What did Coyote Runs have ready when they looked in on the soldiers' camp?
(a) His bow and arrow.
(b) His gun.
(c) His knife.
(d) His sling shot.
9. With whom does Coyote Runs catch up?
(a) The Ranchers.
(b) The soldiers.
10. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
11. What does Brennan recognize about the skull?
(a) It is an adult skull.
(b) The teeth are very bad.
(c) It has a bullet hole in it.
(d) It is very new.
12. What is Coyote Runs' job on the raid?
(a) Make arrows.
(b) Take care of the extra horses.
(c) Cook the meals.
(d) Fetch firewood and water.
13. What did Bill say they needed to do when they arrived at the springs?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Collect firewood and make dinner.
(d) Get a drink of water.
14. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) They lived on the streets.
(b) They came from broken homes.
(c) They were just young.
(d) Bill was too nice.
15. Where is a gun pressed against Coyote Runs?
(a) His chest.
(b) His head.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
2. What does Coyote Runs hope to do when he gets home?
3. How does Brennan feel about his father?
4. What does Brennan think the men in his mother's life do?
5. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)