|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
2. What does Brennan notice in Chapter 2 as he approaches the house?
(a) The house is dark.
(b) There is someone there Brennan doesn't know.
(c) The house color has changed.
(d) There is furniture in the yard.
3. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
(a) Tomb Rock Canyon.
(b) Dry Gulch Canyon.
(c) Sandy Canyon.
(d) Horse Canyon.
4. What did Bill say they needed to do when they arrived at the springs?
(a) Go fishing.
(c) Collect firewood and make dinner.
(d) Get a drink of water.
5. What does the soldier who shoots Coyote Runs do as he pulls the trigger?
(a) Jokes with his companions.
(b) Prays for him.
(c) Lectures him on stealing.
(d) Closes his eyes.
6. Where is Coyote Runs shot?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the ankle.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the arm.
7. What does Brennan like to do for fun?
(d) Collect rocks.
8. What does Coyote Runs call his mother when she lights the cook fire?
(a) Mother of fire.
(b) Mother of Magic.
(c) She Who Weaves Flame.
(d) Power mother.
9. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
(a) His mother is talking too loud with Bill.
(b) The kids are too noisy.
(c) Something is pressing into his back.
(d) The moon is too bright.
10. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
(a) Studies it.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Show it to Bill.
11. What did Coyote Runs' people call the white soldiers?
(a) Yellow Scarfs.
(d) Long guns.
12. Where are the Indian warriors going in Chapter 3?
(a) Fort Apache.
(c) Ft. Huachuca.
(d) El Paso.
13. What does Coyote Runs hope to do when he gets home?
(a) Acquire a gun.
(b) Hear his mother say she is proud of him.
(c) Make a saddle.
(d) Make the horse he is riding his own.
14. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
(a) Behind a rock in the back of the canyon.
(b) In the river.
(c) Under some sage brush.
(d) In a cave.
15. What does Brennan think the men in his mother's life do?
(a) Amuse her.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Help her financially.
(d) Teach her interesting trivial facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Coyote Runs?
2. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
3. What does Coyote Runs learn he will be joining?
4. What does Brennan think he hears in the dark?
5. With whom are Brennan and his mother doing the event in question #20?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)