|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
(a) Bill's adopted children.
(b) Kids from the homeless shelter.
(c) The youth group from Bill's church.
(d) Bill's children from his first marriage.
2. How old is Coyote Runs?
3. What are two activities Brennan's mother became involved in that he managed to avoid?
(a) Gardening and piano.
(b) Aerobics and Tennis.
(c) Tennis and church.
(d) Aerobics and health foods.
4. Why is Coyote Runs going to the answer to question #75?
(a) To find some water.
(b) To hide his horse.
(c) To reach his secret medicine place.
(d) To get shade from the sun.
5. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
(a) Tin canteens.
(b) Leather water skins.
(c) Cacti branches.
(d) Clay pots.
6. What does Brennan like to talk about while working?
(a) He just likes to stay quiet and think.
(b) He talks about school.
(c) He talks about his father.
(d) He talks about his mother.
7. What does Brennan hear after he picks up the skull?
(a) A voice in his head.
(b) Mountain lions.
(c) A coyote howling.
(d) A horse running.
8. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
9. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
(a) Plays a game on his cell phone.
(b) Digs in the dirt.
(c) Reads with his flashlight.
(d) Takes a walk.
10. What makes Coyote Runs slow as he goes into the canyon?
(a) There are large boulders he has to climb.
(b) His injury.
(c) There is no path.
(d) It is flooded.
11. Why does Brennan work?
(a) To help pay for his clothes and other things.
(b) So he can buy a car.
(c) To save money for college.
(d) To build up his muscles.
12. What did Coyote Runs' people call the white soldiers?
(a) Long guns.
(d) Yellow Scarfs.
13. What does Coyote Runs call his mother when she lights the cook fire?
(a) Mother of Magic.
(b) Mother of fire.
(c) She Who Weaves Flame.
(d) Power mother.
14. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
(b) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(c) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(d) Shoot one of the warriors.
15. Where is Coyote Runs shot?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the buildings arranged at Fort Bliss?
2. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
3. Why did Coyote Runs go to the stream when he woke in the morning?
4. Where are the Indian warriors going in Chapter 3?
5. What did Brennan feel when he held his breath when he was first staring at the cottonwoods?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)