|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan think Bill does about problems with the kids?
(a) He corrects the wrong behavior.
(b) He is very abrupt.
(c) He is too harsh.
(d) He doesn't do anything.
2. What will Coyote Runs be doing when the warriors stop?
(a) Fetching water.
(b) Watching the horses.
(c) Snaring rabbits.
(d) Hiding from them.
3. What does Brennan do for the person in question #14?
(a) Stocks shelves.
(b) Washes dishes.
(c) Delivers papers.
(d) Mows lawns.
4. What does Coyote Runs call the place he has gone to time after time to pray?
(a) The medicine place.
(c) The vision circle.
(d) Great Spirit Realm.
5. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
(a) They are easy to see from a distance.
(b) Their uniforms are too hot.
(c) They attract horse flies.
(d) They are blue.
6. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
(b) A rival Indian tribe.
(d) The ranchers.
7. Why did Coyote Runs go to the stream when he woke in the morning?
(a) To get water for his mother.
(b) To rinse his mouth and drink.
(c) To take a bath.
(d) To catch some fish.
8. What does Brennan do with the skull?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Shows it to Bill.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Puts it in his backpack.
9. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Studies it.
(d) Show it to Bill.
10. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
(a) Sandy Canyon.
(b) Tomb Rock Canyon.
(c) Horse Canyon.
(d) Dry Gulch Canyon.
11. What does Brennan think the men in his mother's life do?
(a) Amuse her.
(b) Help her financially.
(c) Teach her interesting trivial facts.
(d) Hurt her.
12. How are the buildings arranged at Fort Bliss?
(a) Alternating pyramid.
(b) In a maze.
(c) In a square.
(d) In a circle.
13. What does Bill say about the canyons in which they are located?
(a) The Apaches never lived there.
(b) The Spanish left treasure there.
(c) Rumor says they were the last stronghold of the Apaches.
(d) An entire regiment of soldiers were killed there.
14. What does Brennan hear after he picks up the skull?
(a) Mountain lions.
(b) A coyote howling.
(c) A horse running.
(d) A voice in his head.
15. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(b) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(c) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
(d) Shoot one of the warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
2. To where does Coyote Runs head?
3. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
4. What is Coyote Runs' job on the raid?
5. How does the raiding party proceed home?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)