|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the white school Coyote Runs had to attend?
(b) El Paso.
(c) Fort Bliss.
2. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
(a) Clay pots.
(b) Cacti branches.
(c) Tin canteens.
(d) Leather water skins.
3. For whom does Brennan work?
4. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) Displaced rocks.
(b) They see his shadow.
(c) His blood trail.
(d) His horse.
5. What does Coyote Runs call his mother when she lights the cook fire?
(a) Mother of Magic.
(b) Mother of fire.
(c) Power mother.
(d) She Who Weaves Flame.
6. What kind of horse does Coyote Runs ride on the way home?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A pinto.
(c) A palomino.
(d) A sorrel.
7. What does Coyote Runs call a match for lighting a fire?
(a) Power stick.
(b) Magic flame.
(c) Lucifer stick.
(d) Black powder.
8. How does the raiding party proceed home?
(a) On what they stole.
(b) On fresh horses.
(c) In the opposite direction of where they want to go.
(d) Slowly, sneaking through the hills.
9. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Make them run five miles with their packs.
(b) Hit them over the head.
(c) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(d) Drug their hot chocolate.
10. How many soldiers approach Coyote Runs?
11. What does Bill say about the canyons in which they are located?
(a) Rumor says they were the last stronghold of the Apaches.
(b) The Spanish left treasure there.
(c) The Apaches never lived there.
(d) An entire regiment of soldiers were killed there.
12. What happens to Coyote Runs' horse?
(a) He is shot and killed.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He runs off.
(d) Nothing happens to it.
13. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
(a) His mother looked so hopeful.
(b) He hoped to get a new pair of shoes out of it.
(c) Bill seemed really fun.
(d) He couldn't think of one.
14. With whom are Brennan and his mother doing the event in question #20?
(a) Alan Warner.
(b) Paul Trouson.
(c) Bill Halverson.
(d) Victor Neuenberg.
15. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
(a) The Journey of Death.
(b) Death Sands.
(c) White Death.
(d) White Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan's employer like to talk about?
2. What are two activities Brennan's mother became involved in that he managed to avoid?
3. Where does Coyote Runs' tribe occasionally get beef?
4. What does Coyote Runs learn he will be joining?
5. How old is Coyote Runs?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)