|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Under some sage brush.
(c) Behind a rock in the back of the canyon.
(d) In the river.
2. What did Coyote Runs have ready when they looked in on the soldiers' camp?
(a) His gun.
(b) His sling shot.
(c) His knife.
(d) His bow and arrow.
3. How does Brennan feel about his father?
(a) He admires him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He never knew him.
4. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
(a) Go in the opposite direction to draw off any pursuit.
(b) He doesn't have specific instructions.
(c) Follow behind them.
(d) Change the saddles to fresh horses.
5. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
(a) Digs in the dirt.
(b) Reads with his flashlight.
(c) Takes a walk.
(d) Plays a game on his cell phone.
6. What friend of Coyote Runs attended school with him?
(a) Raven Truth.
(c) Black Eagle.
7. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(b) Make them run five miles with their packs.
(c) Hit them over the head.
(d) Drug their hot chocolate.
8. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(b) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(c) Shoot one of the warriors.
(d) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
9. To where does Coyote Runs head?
(a) To a nearby canyon.
(b) To the river.
(c) Across the desert.
(d) To the mountains.
10. What does Brennan do with the skull?
(a) Puts it in his backpack.
(b) Shows it to Bill.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Throws it away.
11. What does Brennan's hobby do for him?
(a) Earns him money.
(b) Helps him express his artistic ability.
(c) Keeps him in shape.
(d) Keeps him out of his house.
12. What does the event in question #1 mark for Coyote Runs?
(a) Joining his father's family.
(b) Finding out his inner name.
(c) First step into manhood.
(d) The ritual killing of his first deer.
13. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
(a) Bill's adopted children.
(b) Kids from the homeless shelter.
(c) Bill's children from his first marriage.
(d) The youth group from Bill's church.
14. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) His blood trail.
(b) His horse.
(c) They see his shadow.
(d) Displaced rocks.
15. Where was the white school Coyote Runs had to attend?
(a) Fort Bliss.
(d) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
2. Why is Coyote Runs going to the answer to question #75?
3. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
4. Why does Coyote Runs believe he can escape bullets?
5. Where is a gun pressed against Coyote Runs?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)