|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan think about how his mother talks?
(a) She doesn't talk enough.
(b) She talks about his father too much.
(c) She won't talk about his father.
(d) She talks too much.
2. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Hit them over the head.
(b) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(c) Drug their hot chocolate.
(d) Make them run five miles with their packs.
3. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
(a) In the river.
(b) Behind a rock in the back of the canyon.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Under some sage brush.
4. What does Brennan hear after he picks up the skull?
(a) A horse running.
(b) Mountain lions.
(c) A voice in his head.
(d) A coyote howling.
5. What does Brennan think Bill does about problems with the kids?
(a) He is very abrupt.
(b) He doesn't do anything.
(c) He is too harsh.
(d) He corrects the wrong behavior.
6. What did Bill say they needed to do when they arrived at the springs?
(b) Collect firewood and make dinner.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Get a drink of water.
7. How did Brennan think of the kids in the van?
(a) As a pack of hyenas.
(b) A flock of chickens with no heads.
(c) As a nest of rats.
(d) A swarm of mosquitoes.
8. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
9. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
(a) Plays a game on his cell phone.
(b) Reads with his flashlight.
(c) Digs in the dirt.
(d) Takes a walk.
10. How are the buildings arranged at Fort Bliss?
(a) Alternating pyramid.
(b) In a circle.
(c) In a square.
(d) In a maze.
11. While walking to the camp place what did Brennan decide Bill was not?
(a) A runner.
(b) A whimp.
(c) A strong climber.
(d) A real man.
12. What happens to Coyote Runs' horse?
(a) He runs off.
(b) Nothing happens to it.
(c) He is shot and killed.
(d) He is injured.
13. What did Brennan feel when he held his breath when he was first staring at the cottonwoods?
(a) Something spiritual.
(b) Something scary.
(c) Something pulling at him.
14. What did Coyote Runs' people call the white soldiers?
(b) Long guns.
(c) Yellow Scarfs.
15. How does Brennan feel about his father?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He admires him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He never knew him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan's mother often do in the house?
2. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
3. Why does Brennan put his sleeping bag under a large boulder?
4. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
5. What does Brennan recognize about the skull?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)