|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the event in question #1 mark for Coyote Runs?
(a) First step into manhood.
(b) The ritual killing of his first deer.
(c) Joining his father's family.
(d) Finding out his inner name.
2. Where was the white school Coyote Runs had to attend?
(a) El Paso.
(d) Fort Bliss.
3. What did Bill say they needed to do when they arrived at the springs?
(b) Get a drink of water.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Collect firewood and make dinner.
4. What will Coyote Runs be doing when the warriors stop?
(a) Hiding from them.
(b) Watching the horses.
(c) Snaring rabbits.
(d) Fetching water.
5. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
(a) Hard granite.
(b) Sand dotted with sage brush.
(c) Soft, shifting sand.
(d) An old riverbed filled with boulders.
6. What is Coyote Runs supposed to do when the party returns?
(a) He doesn't have specific instructions.
(b) Change the saddles to fresh horses.
(c) Follow behind them.
(d) Go in the opposite direction to draw off any pursuit.
7. With whom does Coyote Runs catch up?
(a) The Ranchers.
(d) The soldiers.
8. What does Brennan's mother tell him in Chapter 4 when he arrives home?
(a) They are going to go shopping.
(b) They are going to El Paso.
(c) They are going on a camping trip.
(d) They are going on a cruise.
9. Who ran the school Coyote Runs attended?
(a) A School teacher from the east.
(b) A Catholic Priest.
(c) The Indian Council.
(d) A Quaker lady.
10. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
(a) The youth group from Bill's church.
(b) Bill's adopted children.
(c) Kids from the homeless shelter.
(d) Bill's children from his first marriage.
11. What kind of saddle does Magpie own?
(a) An old U.S. calvery saddle.
(b) A Mexican saddle with silver on it.
(c) He doesn't own a saddle.
(d) A saddle made from Texan steer.
12. How does the raiding party keep its horses quiet?
(a) Feed them sugar.
(b) Blindfold them.
(c) Put muzzles on them.
(d) Pinch their nostrils.
13. What will Coyote Runs be when he and the warriors return home?
(a) A chief.
(b) The last step before a man.
(c) A man.
(d) A warrior.
14. What kind of weapon does Coyote Runs have?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A tomahawk.
15. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
(a) He couldn't think of one.
(b) His mother looked so hopeful.
(c) He hoped to get a new pair of shoes out of it.
(d) Bill seemed really fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
2. What does Brennan's employer like to talk about?
3. How many soldiers approach Coyote Runs?
4. What did Brennan feel when he held his breath when he was first staring at the cottonwoods?
5. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)