|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran the school Coyote Runs attended?
(a) A School teacher from the east.
(b) A Catholic Priest.
(c) A Quaker lady.
(d) The Indian Council.
2. What will Coyote Runs be when he and the warriors return home?
(a) A warrior.
(b) The last step before a man.
(c) A man.
(d) A chief.
3. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
(a) Sand dotted with sage brush.
(b) Soft, shifting sand.
(c) Hard granite.
(d) An old riverbed filled with boulders.
4. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
(a) White Death.
(b) Death Sands.
(c) The Journey of Death.
(d) White Sands.
5. What does Brennan think Bill does about problems with the kids?
(a) He corrects the wrong behavior.
(b) He is too harsh.
(c) He doesn't do anything.
(d) He is very abrupt.
6. What does Brennan's mother tell him in Chapter 4 when he arrives home?
(a) They are going to El Paso.
(b) They are going on a camping trip.
(c) They are going to go shopping.
(d) They are going on a cruise.
7. What will Coyote Runs be doing when the warriors stop?
(a) Fetching water.
(b) Watching the horses.
(c) Hiding from them.
(d) Snaring rabbits.
8. What does Coyote Runs almost do after the raid?
(a) Shoot one of the warriors.
(b) Drive the horses in the wrong direction.
(c) Run a horse into a prairie dog hole.
(d) Lose the lead rope he is holding.
9. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Studies it.
(d) Show it to Bill.
10. What does Brennan do for the person in question #14?
(a) Delivers papers.
(b) Stocks shelves.
(c) Washes dishes.
(d) Mows lawns.
11. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
12. Why did Coyote Runs go to the stream when he woke in the morning?
(a) To catch some fish.
(b) To rinse his mouth and drink.
(c) To get water for his mother.
(d) To take a bath.
13. How are the buildings arranged at Fort Bliss?
(a) In a circle.
(b) In a square.
(c) In a maze.
(d) Alternating pyramid.
14. What happens to Coyote Runs in the chaos after the raid?
(a) He forgets to put out the fire.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He becomes confused.
(d) He tries to move the horses without taking off their hobbles.
15. How does the raiding party proceed home?
(a) In the opposite direction of where they want to go.
(b) Slowly, sneaking through the hills.
(c) On fresh horses.
(d) On what they stole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Coyote Runs' tribe occasionally get beef?
2. Where is a gun pressed against Coyote Runs?
3. Why does Coyote Runs think the uniforms of the soldiers are silly?
4. What does Brennan's mother often do in the house?
5. What did Coyote Runs have ready when they looked in on the soldiers' camp?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)