|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan think he hears in the dark?
(a) A coyote howling.
(b) A horse neighing.
(c) A mountain lion.
2. What makes Coyote Runs slow as he goes into the canyon?
(a) There are large boulders he has to climb.
(b) His injury.
(c) There is no path.
(d) It is flooded.
3. With whom does Coyote Runs catch up?
(a) The soldiers.
(c) The Ranchers.
4. Why does Brennan work?
(a) To build up his muscles.
(b) So he can buy a car.
(c) To save money for college.
(d) To help pay for his clothes and other things.
5. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(b) Hit them over the head.
(c) Make them run five miles with their packs.
(d) Drug their hot chocolate.
6. While walking to the camp place what did Brennan decide Bill was not?
(a) A strong climber.
(b) A real man.
(c) A runner.
(d) A whimp.
7. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
(a) White Death.
(b) White Sands.
(c) The Journey of Death.
(d) Death Sands.
8. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Under some sage brush.
(c) In the river.
(d) Behind a rock in the back of the canyon.
9. What does Brennan like to do for fun?
(b) Collect rocks.
10. What happens to Coyote Runs' horse?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He runs off.
(c) He is shot and killed.
(d) Nothing happens to it.
11. What does Brennan do when he can't sleep?
(a) Reads with his flashlight.
(b) Plays a game on his cell phone.
(c) Takes a walk.
(d) Digs in the dirt.
12. What shows the soldiers where Coyote Runs has hidden?
(a) His blood trail.
(b) They see his shadow.
(c) Displaced rocks.
(d) His horse.
13. How many attackers chase Magpie and Coyote Runs?
14. What did Bill say they needed to do when they arrived at the springs?
(b) Collect firewood and make dinner.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Get a drink of water.
15. What does the event in question #1 mark for Coyote Runs?
(a) Finding out his inner name.
(b) The ritual killing of his first deer.
(c) First step into manhood.
(d) Joining his father's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan think Bill does about problems with the kids?
2. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
3. Why does Coyote Runs fear for his life?
4. Why is Coyote Runs going to the answer to question #75?
5. Why didn't Brennan use an excuse to get out of going on the trip?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)