|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
2. How does the raiding party keep its horses quiet?
(a) Feed them sugar.
(b) Put muzzles on them.
(c) Pinch their nostrils.
(d) Blindfold them.
3. What is Coyote Runs doing with the warriors in question #9?
(a) Cooking for them.
(c) Following them.
(d) Reporting them to the authorities.
4. Why did Coyote Runs go to the stream when he woke in the morning?
(a) To take a bath.
(b) To rinse his mouth and drink.
(c) To get water for his mother.
(d) To catch some fish.
5. To where does Coyote Runs head?
(a) Across the desert.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To a nearby canyon.
6. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
(a) Under some sage brush.
(b) In the river.
(c) Behind a rock in the back of the canyon.
(d) In a cave.
7. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Hit them over the head.
(b) Drug their hot chocolate.
(c) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(d) Make them run five miles with their packs.
8. What does Brennan notice in Chapter 2 as he approaches the house?
(a) There is someone there Brennan doesn't know.
(b) The house color has changed.
(c) There is furniture in the yard.
(d) The house is dark.
9. Why does Brennan put his sleeping bag under a large boulder?
(a) To shield himself from the sun.
(b) To get away from the kids.
(c) To keep the dew off his sleeping bag.
(d) To pretend he is hiding from the soldiers.
10. What kind of saddle does Magpie own?
(a) An old U.S. calvery saddle.
(b) A saddle made from Texan steer.
(c) A Mexican saddle with silver on it.
(d) He doesn't own a saddle.
11. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
(a) Something is pressing into his back.
(b) The moon is too bright.
(c) The kids are too noisy.
(d) His mother is talking too loud with Bill.
12. What does Coyote Runs learn he will be joining?
(a) A raiding party.
(b) A white family in Denver.
(c) A hunting party.
(d) A vision quest.
13. What does Coyote Runs call a match for lighting a fire?
(a) Lucifer stick.
(b) Magic flame.
(c) Black powder.
(d) Power stick.
14. What did the Mexicans call the desert near where Coyote Runs live?
(a) White Death.
(b) White Sands.
(c) Death Sands.
(d) The Journey of Death.
15. What did Bill say to Brennan's mother about what the spot by the springs looked like?
(a) A different universe.
(b) A calendar picture.
(c) A secret garden.
(d) Grace in the the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
2. Who ran the school Coyote Runs attended?
3. What does Bill say about the canyons in which they are located?
4. What does Brennan's hobby do for him?
5. What does Brennan think he hears in the dark?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)