|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Coyote Runs be doing when the warriors stop?
(a) Watching the horses.
(b) Fetching water.
(c) Hiding from them.
(d) Snaring rabbits.
2. Where does Coyote Runs try to hide from the soldiers?
(a) Behind a rock in the back of the canyon.
(b) Under some sage brush.
(c) In the river.
(d) In a cave.
3. What does Brennan take with him when he goes to his sleeping bag?
(b) Hot Chocolate.
(c) His MP3 player.
(d) Mosquito netting.
4. How many soldiers approach Coyote Runs?
5. What did Coyote Runs have ready when they looked in on the soldiers' camp?
(a) His bow and arrow.
(b) His knife.
(c) His gun.
(d) His sling shot.
6. Why does Coyote Runs fear for his life?
(a) He knows the soldiers hate children.
(b) He watches the entire party be killed.
(c) He saw Sancta shot.
(d) He sees Magpie shot down.
7. How did Brennan think of the kids in the van?
(a) A swarm of mosquitoes.
(b) As a nest of rats.
(c) As a pack of hyenas.
(d) A flock of chickens with no heads.
8. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) They came from broken homes.
(b) Bill was too nice.
(c) They were just young.
(d) They lived on the streets.
9. With whom does Coyote Runs catch up?
(c) The Ranchers.
(d) The soldiers.
10. Why is Brennan having a difficult time sleeping?
(a) His mother is talking too loud with Bill.
(b) The moon is too bright.
(c) Something is pressing into his back.
(d) The kids are too noisy.
11. What did Brennan think the cliffs were like?
(b) A cemetary.
(c) Evidence of angry nature.
(d) A torture chamber.
12. Who attacks the raiding party the day after the raid?
(a) A rival Indian tribe.
(b) The ranchers.
13. What does Brennan think about how his mother talks?
(a) She talks too much.
(b) She doesn't talk enough.
(c) She won't talk about his father.
(d) She talks about his father too much.
14. How does the raiding party proceed home?
(a) On fresh horses.
(b) On what they stole.
(c) Slowly, sneaking through the hills.
(d) In the opposite direction of where they want to go.
15. What did Brennan feel when he held his breath when he was first staring at the cottonwoods?
(b) Something pulling at him.
(c) Something scary.
(d) Something spiritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity are the ranchers the party raided?
2. Where did Brennan lose a man who was dating his mother when the man went running with him?
3. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
4. Where does Coyote Runs' tribe occasionally get beef?
5. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)