|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) They came from broken homes.
(b) They were just young.
(c) They lived on the streets.
(d) Bill was too nice.
2. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
(a) Sand dotted with sage brush.
(b) An old riverbed filled with boulders.
(c) Hard granite.
(d) Soft, shifting sand.
3. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
(a) Make them run five miles with their packs.
(b) Drive a wooden stake through their hearts.
(c) Drug their hot chocolate.
(d) Hit them over the head.
4. What does Coyote Runs hope to do when he gets home?
(a) Hear his mother say she is proud of him.
(b) Make the horse he is riding his own.
(c) Acquire a gun.
(d) Make a saddle.
5. Where is a gun pressed against Coyote Runs?
(a) His chest.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His head.
(d) His back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brennan feel when he held his breath when he was first staring at the cottonwoods?
2. What did Coyote Runs have ready when they looked in on the soldiers' camp?
3. What does Bill say about the canyons in which they are located?
4. How does the raiding party proceed home?
5. What does Coyote Runs call the place he has gone to time after time to pray?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)