|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan think he hears in the dark?
(a) A horse neighing.
(b) A coyote howling.
(d) A mountain lion.
2. What kind of saddle does Magpie own?
(a) A saddle made from Texan steer.
(b) A Mexican saddle with silver on it.
(c) He doesn't own a saddle.
(d) An old U.S. calvery saddle.
3. What did Brennan think was the reason the kids were so bad?
(a) Bill was too nice.
(b) They were just young.
(c) They came from broken homes.
(d) They lived on the streets.
4. Why does Brennan work?
(a) To build up his muscles.
(b) So he can buy a car.
(c) To save money for college.
(d) To help pay for his clothes and other things.
5. How did the Indians carry water for their horses?
(a) Cacti branches.
(b) Leather water skins.
(c) Tin canteens.
(d) Clay pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the canyon where Bill says they are camping?
2. What did Brennan think the cliffs were like?
3. How does the raiding party keep its horses quiet?
4. How did Brennan think of the kids in the van?
5. What is the name of the warrior who leads raiding parties?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)