|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the letter signed that Blanche receives in Act II?
(a) Mrs. Matthew Murphy
(b) Miss Sarah Smith
(c) Mrs. Floyd Anderson
(d) Frank Murphy
2. Eugene says that his cousin Nora has been seeing what guy every night in Act II?
(a) William Ross
(b) James Handy
(c) Michael Stuart
(d) Larry Clurman
3. How old does Blanche say her husband was when he died in Act II?
4. Why does Eugene say his knee hurts in the beginning of Act II?
(a) He was beaten up by a bully
(b) He fell down the stairs at school
(c) He ran for six miles
(d) He got hit with a baseball
5. How much money does Jack say he just paid the doctor in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Blanche going to dinner for her date in Act II?
2. How much money does Kate give to Eugene to buy ice cream with in Act II?
3. Whose brother-in-law is filling in for Jack Jerome while he’s out of work sick in the beginning of Act II?
4. Of the letter that Blanche receives in Act II, Eugene says, “It was a sad letter, all right, but it sure was well written. Maybe I should have been born” where?
5. Where does Blanche say she knows a woman she can stay with while she looks for work in Act II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Stanley give to Eugene in Act II? What is Eugene’s response?
2. How does the relationship between Blanche and Kate evolve through the narrative?
3. How is the relationship between Eugene and Laurie illustrated in the play?
4. What causes the internal conflicts faced by Blanche Morton in the play?
5. How is Brighton Beach Memoirs metaphorical for the onset of World War II?
6. How does the conflict escalate between Kate and Blanche in Act II?
7. How does the conflict between Kate and Blanche become resolved in Act II?
8. How effective was Neil Simon in integrating drama and comedy in his writing of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
9. Why do Jack and Kate Jerome argue in the beginning of Act II?
10. What autobiographical elements can be seen in Brighton Beach Memoirs?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)