|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eugene tells the audience in Act I that he’s left instructions for his memoirs to not be opened until how many years after his death?
2. What kind of bread does Eugene’s mother tell him to get at the store in Act I?
(a) Rye bread
(b) Wheat bread
(c) White bread
(d) French bread
3. What ailment does Eugene say his aunt Blanche suffers from in Act I?
(b) A heart flutter
4. How many years has Nora been in dancing school in Act I?
5. What role did Zeljko Ivanek play in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Frank Murphy
(b) Eugene Jerome
(c) Jack Jerome
(d) Stanley Jerome
Short Answer Questions
1. What color baseball cap is Eugene wearing in the opening of Act I?
2. What does Kate say she’s never done before in her life and “why should I start with my own family” in Act I?
3. What kind of sneakers is Eugene described as wearing when his character is introduced in Act I?
4. How old is Laurie Morton described as in the stage directions from Act I?
5. How long does Kate say she’s lived in this house in Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream does Eugene describe to Stanley in Act I? What is Stanley’s response?
2. How are Stanley’s actions revealed as honorable in Act I of the play?
3. What conversation do Jack and Stanley have at bedtime in Act I?
4. How does Blanche Morton respond to the news that Nora Morton relates to the family before dinner in Act I?
5. What news does Nora Morton relate to the family when she arrives home in Act I?
6. How is the Jerome house described in the stage directions for Act I? What comprises the first floor of the house?
7. What is Jack Jerome carrying when he arrives home at dinnertime in Act I? Why?
8. What is Eugene doing as the play opens in Act I? How is his neighborhood described?
9. What is Eugene Jerome’s role in the play? How does his character stand out in Brighton Beach Memoirs?
10. What comprises the second floor of the Jerome house, according to the stage directions in Act I? How is the setting related to the themes in the play?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)