|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Jack say his grandmother was when she died?
2. Eugene says of his mother in Act II, “If I told her I just lost both my hands in an accident she’d say” what?
(a) You’re always losing something
(b) Go upstairs and wash your face with your feet
(c) I don’t care what’s hurt. Just get ready for dinner
(d) Go get some new ones at the store
3. What kind of ice cream does Jack say he wants for dessert in Act II?
(b) Maple walnut
(d) Butter pecan
4. Where is Eugene writing in his memoirs in the opening of Act II?
(a) In the basement
(b) In the backyard
(c) In his room
(d) In the attic
5. Where does Blanche say she knows a woman she can stay with while she looks for work in Act II?
(a) Astoria, Queens
(b) Coney Island
(c) Manhattan Beach
(d) The Bronx
6. On what day of the week does Act II open?
7. How long does Blanche ask to keep the girls at the Jerome house while she looks for work in Act II?
(a) Two months
(b) Another year
(c) A few weeks
(d) A couple of days
8. Before he leaves in Act II, Stanley tells Eugene, “If you ever write a story about me, call me” what?
9. How old does Blanche say her husband was when he died in Act II?
10. When Stanley returns home at the end of Act II, Eugene tells him, “Mom’s in the kitchen cooking. Pop’s upstairs with his prayer book. They figured if God didn’t bring you home, maybe” what would?
(a) Her homemade pirogues
(b) Her chocolate cake
(c) Her chicken noodle soup
(d) Her potato pancakes
11. Eugene says of his mother in Act II, “She’s angry at the whole world. That’s why she’s making” what for dinner?
(b) Tuna fish
(d) Lima beans
12. Eugene tells his brother in Act II, “Pop isn’t going to die. He ate” what “tonight”?
(a) Two roast beef sandwiches
(b) Salad and soup
(c) Two bowls of ice cream
(d) Three lamb chops
13. How long has the doctor told Jack Jerome to stay home and rest in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Six months
(b) Two or three days
(c) Two or three months
(d) Two or three weeks
14. The letter that Blanche receives in Act II relates that Frank is hospitalized for what reason?
(a) He fell down the stairs at work
(b) He was robbed and beaten up
(c) He was in a car accident
(d) He’s had a heart attack
15. Why does Blanche claim she had trouble putting on her makeup for her date in Act II?
(a) Her skin was sunburned
(b) Her hands were shaking badly
(c) Her eyelids were twitching
(d) She can’t see without her glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Laurie reading when Eugene comes to her room to talk in Act II?
2. What is the name of the friend Blanche says she’s going to stay with in Act II?
3. Eugene tells Stanley in Act II that their father threw the newspaper at him for what reason?
4. What does Jack do for nine hours a day for his primary job?
5. Jack tells Kate in Act II, “I’m not going to leave you. I promise. If I didn’t leave you for another woman, I’m certainly not going to” what?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)