|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stanley says in Act II that when he claimed to have lost money in November, he actually did what with it?
(a) Paid for a prostitute
(b) Paid for a car payment
(c) Used it to take a trip to New Jersey
(d) Lost it gambling
2. What physical ailment has Jack suffered prior to the opening of Act II?
(a) An epileptic seizure
(b) A brain aneurysm
(c) A heart attack
(d) A bout of pneumonia
3. Laurie first says that her mother looks like what movie star when she descends the stairs for her date in Act II?
(a) Rosalind Russell
(b) Irene Dunne
(c) Betty Grable
(d) Katharine Hepburn
4. What military branch is Stanley considering enlisting in, in Act II?
(a) The U.S. Navy
(b) The U.S. Army
(c) The U.S. Peace Corps
(d) The U.S. Marines
5. What book is Laurie reading when Eugene comes to her room to talk in Act II?
(a) To Have and Have Not
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(c) The Citadel
(d) The Merry Wives of Windsor
6. What woman does Kate act jealous about because Jack danced with her once two years ago at the Commodore Hotel in Act II?
7. How much money’s worth of stamps does Eugene offer to Stanley in Act II?
(a) 34 cents’ worth
(b) 8 cents’ worth
(c) 10 cents’ worth
(d) 22 cents’ worth
8. Blanche says before exiting upstairs in Act II, “For people like us, sometimes the only thing we really own is our” what?
9. When Kate and Blanche begin arguing in Act II, Kate says “I was the workhorse and you were the” what?
(a) Spoiled one
(c) Petty one
(d) Pretty one
10. Eugene claims in Act II, “I’d give up writing if I could” what?
(a) Have a date with a girl
(b) Play for the Boston Red Sox
(c) Travel to Europe and fight in the war
(d) See a girl naked while I was eating ice cream
11. How many days ago does Eugene say his father suffered the physical ailment in the opening of Act II?
(a) 3 days ago
(b) 5 days ago
(c) 4 days ago
(d) 2 days ago
12. How old does Blanche say her husband was when he died in Act II?
13. Who does Laurie decide her mother looks like before she leaves for her date in Act II?
(a) Katharine Hepburn
(b) Carole Lombard
(c) Audrey Hepburn
(d) Grace Kelly
14. The letter that Blanche receives in Act II says that despite all of Frank’s faults, what “have never been his failings”?
(a) Honesty and sincerity
(b) Generosity and kindness
(c) Drunkenness and abuse
(d) Love for his family
15. Eugene tells his brother in Act II, “Pop isn’t going to die. He ate” what “tonight”?
(a) Two bowls of ice cream
(b) Two roast beef sandwiches
(c) Three lamb chops
(d) Salad and soup
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend Blanche says she’s going to stay with in Act II?
2. Eugene tells Stanley in Act II that their father threw the newspaper at him for what reason?
3. Where does Stanley work in Brighton Beach Memoirs?
4. How much money does Jack say he just paid the doctor in Act II?
5. Stanley makes Eugene promise him that he’ll do what in the future in Act II?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)