|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do for nine hours a day for his primary job?
(a) Cuts raincoats
(b) Sells ice cream
(c) Drives a taxi
(d) Assembles car parts
2. What brand of cigarettes does Stanley say he smokes in Act II?
(a) Lucky Strikes
3. Where does Laurie say her sister goes every night with the boy she’s been seeing in Act II?
(a) To the roller rink
(b) To the diner
(c) To the cemetery
(d) To the movies
4. Where was Stanley gambling when he lost his salary in Act II?
(a) Ernest’s Café
(b) Florsheim Shoes
(c) Williamson and Sons Drywall
(d) The Brooklyn Fire Station
5. Who is the movie star that Kate says Blanche looks like when Blanche descends for her date in Act II?
(a) Betty Grable
(b) Marilyn Monroe
(c) Irene Dunne
(d) Clara Bow
6. How much time passes between Acts I and II of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two months
(c) One week
(d) One month
7. Before he leaves in Act II, Stanley tells Eugene, “If you ever write a story about me, call me” what?
8. How many “terrific lies” does Eugene tell Stanley he came up with for him to explain the missing money in Act II?
9. Stanley makes Eugene promise him that he’ll do what in the future in Act II?
(a) Get married
(b) Join the Air Force
(c) Join the Marines
(d) Go to college
10. What military branch is Stanley considering enlisting in, in Act II?
(a) The U.S. Navy
(b) The U.S. Peace Corps
(c) The U.S. Army
(d) The U.S. Marines
11. What does Kate offer to cook for Blanche after they’ve made up at the end of Act II?
(a) Chicken soup
(b) Egg rolls
(c) Scrambled eggs
(d) Onion pirogues
12. Stanley has been fired from his job for doing what?
(a) Standing up for a coworker
(b) Stealing from his boss
(c) Being persistently late to work
(d) Beating up his coworker
13. How much money’s worth of stamps does Eugene offer to Stanley in Act II?
(a) 34 cents’ worth
(b) 10 cents’ worth
(c) 8 cents’ worth
(d) 22 cents’ worth
14. To what store does Jack tell Eugene to go for ice cream in Act II?
(d) Piggly Wiggly
15. Why is Frank at fault for his hospitalization in Act II?
(a) He was beaten up at a poker game
(b) He was driving drunk
(c) He was arrested after hitting a policeman
(d) He was baiting a dog that bit him
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week does Act II open?
2. Blanche says in Act II, “We’re all poor around here, the least we can be is” what?
3. Who gave Laurie the letter that she brings to Blanche in Act II?
4. How long does Blanche ask to keep the girls at the Jerome house while she looks for work in Act II?
5. The letter that Blanche receives in Act II relates that Frank is hospitalized for what reason?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)