|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate offer to cook for Blanche after they’ve made up at the end of Act II?
(a) Onion pirogues
(b) Egg rolls
(c) Scrambled eggs
(d) Chicken soup
2. How long does Jack say the Murphys have lived across the street in Act II?
(a) 5 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 2 years
3. Of the letter that Blanche receives in Act II, Eugene says, “It was a sad letter, all right, but it sure was well written. Maybe I should have been born” where?
(a) In Spain
(b) In Ireland
(c) In Russia
(d) In the South
4. How much money does Stanley give to his father that he earned setting pins at the bowling alley the night before at the end of Act II?
5. Kate tells Jack in Act II, “My family were worriers. Worriers generally marry” what?
(b) Other worriers
(d) People with problems
6. What book is Laurie reading when Eugene comes to her room to talk in Act II?
(a) To Have and Have Not
(b) The Merry Wives of Windsor
(c) The Citadel
(d) Romeo and Juliet
7. When Kate and Blanche begin arguing in Act II, Kate says “I was the workhorse and you were the” what?
(a) Pretty one
(b) Spoiled one
(d) Petty one
8. Where does Laurie say her sister goes every night with the boy she’s been seeing in Act II?
(a) To the movies
(b) To the diner
(c) To the roller rink
(d) To the cemetery
9. How much money does Jack say he just paid the doctor in Act II?
10. Who brought Jack home after he suffered from a physical ailment, according to Eugene in Act II?
(a) A doctor
(b) Stanley Jerome
(c) A policeman
(d) His boss
11. Where does Blanche say she knows a woman she can stay with while she looks for work in Act II?
(a) Astoria, Queens
(b) Manhattan Beach
(c) The Bronx
(d) Coney Island
12. How did Stanley lose his salary in Act II?
(a) Playing blackjack
(b) Playing gin-rummy
(c) Playing roulette
(d) Playing poker
13. What is Kate carrying down the stairs in the opening of Act II?
(a) A vase of flowers
(b) A suitcase
(c) A bag of laundry
(d) A tray of food
14. Stanley has been fired from his job for doing what?
(a) Stealing from his boss
(b) Beating up his coworker
(c) Standing up for a coworker
(d) Being persistently late to work
15. How is the letter signed that Blanche receives in Act II?
(a) Frank Murphy
(b) Mrs. Matthew Murphy
(c) Miss Sarah Smith
(d) Mrs. Floyd Anderson
Short Answer Questions
1. Eugene claims in Act II, “I’d give up writing if I could” what?
2. Of what does Jack tell Kate he was “born with enough… If I need more, I’ll ask you” in Act II?
3. What brand of cigarettes does Stanley say he smokes in Act II?
4. The letter that Blanche receives in Act II says that despite all of Frank’s faults, what “have never been his failings”?
5. What kind of ice cream does Jack say he wants for dessert in Act II?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)