|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate offer to cook for Blanche after they’ve made up at the end of Act II?
(a) Onion pirogues
(b) Chicken soup
(c) Scrambled eggs
(d) Egg rolls
2. Where is Blanche going to dinner for her date in Act II?
(a) Chardov’s Restaurant
(b) The Four Seasons
(c) Jean George’s Restaurant
(d) Anderson’s Restaurant
3. What flavor ice cream does Jack tell Eugene to get for his mother in Act II?
(c) Butter pecan
4. Where does Laurie say her sister goes every night with the boy she’s been seeing in Act II?
(a) To the diner
(b) To the roller rink
(c) To the cemetery
(d) To the movies
5. What grades are shown on Eugene’s report card in Act II?
(a) Three A’s and two B’s
(b) All A’s
(c) Four A’s and one B
(d) Four B’s and one A
6. What kind of ice cream does Jack say he wants for dessert in Act II?
(c) Maple walnut
(d) Butter pecan
7. How long was Stanley gambling before he’d lost his whole salary in Act II?
(a) 5 minutes
(b) 20 minutes
(c) 30 minutes
(d) 10 minutes
8. Where does Eugene say his father passed out when he suffered a physical ailment in Act II?
(a) At the dry cleaners’
(b) While driving
(c) At the office
(d) On the subway
9. What does Jack do for nine hours a day for his primary job?
(a) Sells ice cream
(b) Drives a taxi
(c) Assembles car parts
(d) Cuts raincoats
10. The letter that Blanche receives in Act II relates that Frank is hospitalized for what reason?
(a) He was robbed and beaten up
(b) He’s had a heart attack
(c) He was in a car accident
(d) He fell down the stairs at work
11. What brand of cigarettes does Stanley say he smokes in Act II?
(a) Lucky Strikes
12. Why does Blanche claim she had trouble putting on her makeup for her date in Act II?
(a) Her hands were shaking badly
(b) Her skin was sunburned
(c) Her eyelids were twitching
(d) She can’t see without her glasses
13. How old does Jack say his grandmother was when she died?
14. What is Kate carrying down the stairs in the opening of Act II?
(a) A vase of flowers
(b) A tray of food
(c) A suitcase
(d) A bag of laundry
15. Whose brother-in-law is filling in for Jack Jerome while he’s out of work sick in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Mr. Murphy’s
(b) Mr. Smith’s
(c) Mr. Anderson’s
(d) Mr. Jacobson’s
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the letter say Frank is moving after he gets out of his current difficulties in Act II?
2. Who is the movie star that Kate says Blanche looks like when Blanche descends for her date in Act II?
3. Jack tells Kate in Act II, “I’m not going to leave you. I promise. If I didn’t leave you for another woman, I’m certainly not going to” what?
4. Eugene asks the audience in Act II, “How am I going to become a writer if I don’t know how to” what?
5. Why does Eugene say his knee hurts in the beginning of Act II?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)