|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the original production of Brighton Beach Memoirs premiere on Broadway?
(a) September 12, 1984
(b) March 27, 1983
(c) June 16, 1982
(d) March 13, 1985
2. What does Kate say she’s never done before in her life and “why should I start with my own family” in Act I?
(d) Took a stand
3. In what county does Eugene say he lives in Act I?
(a) Kings County
(b) Brunswick County
(c) Manhattan County
(d) Queens County
4. In what area of the stage is the entrance to the Jerome house in the stage directions for Act I?
(b) Stage Right
(c) Stage Left
5. How many bedrooms are described as being seen by the audience upstairs in the Jerome house in the stage directions for Act I?
6. How many unseen bedrooms are described upstairs in the Jerome household in the stage directions for Act I?
7. Eugene says in Act I that he “got hit with a baseball right in the back of the skull” and had double vision for a week and still had to do what chore?
(a) Carry a block of ice home every afternoon
(b) Wash the dishes
(c) Wash and iron his school clothes each day
(d) Take out the trash every morning
8. What does Nora say will be on the stage in the Broadway musical she wants to be in, in Act I?
(a) A giant ship
(b) A castle
(c) A large see-through net
(d) A big water tank
9. What is the name of the Broadway musical Nora says she’s going to be cast in, in Act I?
(b) Hello Dolly!
(d) Les Miserables
10. What actress played the role of Nora in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Gracie Bea Lawrence
(b) Jessica Hecht
(c) Elizabeth Franz
(d) Jodi Thelon
11. Who is the Broadway producer that Nora says came to her dance class in Act I?
(a) Mr. Stephens
(b) Mr. Bradley
(c) Mr. Beckman
(d) Mr. Bradshaw
12. Eugene wishes that he’d been born into what heritage in the opening of Act I?
13. What baseball team does Eugene dream of playing for in Act I?
(a) The Dodgers
(b) The Blue Sox
(c) The Red Sox
(d) The Yankees
14. At what theater does Nora say she has to go to in order to audition for the Broadway musical in Act I?
(a) The Hudson Theater
(b) The Guthrie Theater
(c) The Lucille Lortel Theater
(d) The Avery Theater
15. How old is Nora Morton said to be in Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate tell Eugene to place at the dinner table when she tells him to stop playing baseball in the beginning of Act I?
2. Kate tells her sister in Act I, “Remember what Momma used to tell us. Stay on your own side of the street. That’s what they have” what for?
3. How old is Eugene Jerome in Act I?
4. When does Nora say the Broadway musical she wants to be in will come to New York in Act I?
5. Where does Nora say the Broadway musical she wants to be in will premiere first in Act I?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)