|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actress played the role of Blanche in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Gracie Bea Lawrence
(b) Joyce Van Patten
(c) Elizabeth Franz
(d) Jodi Thelon
2. What does Kate say she’s never done before in her life and “why should I start with my own family” in Act I?
(d) Took a stand
3. About how old is the character of Kate Jerome described as in the stage directions in Act I?
4. What school classes does Nora say aren’t “going to help me on the stage” in Act I?
(a) Algebra and English
(b) Science and Math
(c) Drama and Dance
(d) Calculus and Home Economics
5. How is the Jerome house described in the stage directions for Act I?
(a) A former boarding house
(b) A brick multi-level house
(c) A three-story brownstone
(d) A wooden frame house
6. What actor played the role of Eugene in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Noah Robbins
(b) Peter Michael Goetz
(c) Santino Fontana
(d) Matthew Broderick
7. Eugene wishes that he’d been born into what heritage in the opening of Act I?
8. What does Kate tell Eugene to place at the dinner table when she tells him to stop playing baseball in the beginning of Act I?
(a) The plates and bowls
(b) The silverware
(c) The water glasses
(d) The napkins
9. What is Eugene’s full name in Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Eugene Stanley Jerome
(b) Eugene Williams Jerome
(c) Eugene Morris Jerome
(d) Eugene Stephen Jerome
10. What kind of bread does Eugene’s mother tell him to get at the store in Act I?
(a) French bread
(b) Wheat bread
(c) White bread
(d) Rye bread
11. Nora tells her family in Act I that the Broadway musical she wants to be in will start rehearsing when?
(a) A week from Monday
(b) A week from Thursday
(c) In three weeks
(d) In two months
12. Eugene says in Act I that he “got hit with a baseball right in the back of the skull” and had double vision for a week and still had to do what chore?
(a) Wash the dishes
(b) Carry a block of ice home every afternoon
(c) Take out the trash every morning
(d) Wash and iron his school clothes each day
13. When arguing with her mother about leaving school to audition for Broadway in Act I, Nora says, “I’ll be making more money than” how many “girls with diplomas”?
14. What month is it in the opening of Act I?
15. How long ago did Blanche’s husband die in Act I?
(a) 4 years ago
(b) 3 years ago
(c) 10 years ago
(d) 6 years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. Brighton Beach is located in what borough of New York City?
2. Who does the pitcher get the sign from before pitching in Eugene’s imaginary baseball game in the beginning of Act I?
3. In what county does Eugene say he lives in Act I?
4. What is Kate’s response when Blanche tells her in Act I, “I’m going to pay you and Jack back someday. I don’t know when, but I keep my word”?
5. Eugene tells the audience in Act I that he’s committed a mortal sin by doing what?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)