|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When arguing with her mother about leaving school to audition for Broadway in Act I, Nora says, “I’ll be making more money than” how many “girls with diplomas”?
2. Eugene tells the audience in Act I that he’s committed a mortal sin by doing what?
(a) Lusting after his cousin
(b) Committing adultery
(c) Lusting after his mother
(d) Stealing from a priest
3. About how old is the character of Kate Jerome described as in the stage directions in Act I?
4. Brighton Beach is located in what borough of New York City?
(a) Staten Island
5. In Act I, Eugene says his name is the second worst name ever given to a male child. What is the “first worst” name?
(a) Peter Gnarley
(b) Chaim Potok
(c) Haskell Fleischmann
(d) Everly Williams
6. Eugene says in Act I that one day he’s going to be a writer like whom?
(a) Ring Lardner
(b) Ernest Hemingway
(c) Chaim Potok
(d) Samuel Beckett
7. Where does Eugene say he’d be this winter if he made it into his favorite baseball team in Act I?
(c) St. Lauderdale
(d) St. Petersburg
8. What is the name of the Broadway musical Nora says she’s going to be cast in, in Act I?
(a) Hello Dolly!
(c) Les Miserables
9. What are the names of Kate’s brothers whom she says drove her mother crazy as they were growing up in Act I?
(a) James and Peter
(b) Mel and Stanley
(c) Ben and Ezra
(d) George and Sandy
10. In what class does Laurie say she’s got a big test tomorrow in the beginning of Act I?
11. How many big musical numbers are in the Broadway musical that Nora hopes to be in?
12. Kate tells her sister in Act I to stop sewing because she’s been doing it since what time this morning?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
13. The Jerome house is described in the stage directions for Act I as being in “a lower middle income area inhabited mostly by” what groups?
(a) Jews, Irish, and Italians
(b) Irish, Italians, and French
(c) French, Germans, and Polish
(d) Jews, Irish and Germans
14. What actor played the role of Eugene in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Peter Michael Goetz
(b) Santino Fontana
(c) Matthew Broderick
(d) Noah Robbins
15. What did Blanche’s husband die from?
(c) A heart attack
(d) A stroke
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Blanche’s husband die in Act I?
2. What actress played the role of Nora in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
3. What batter walks in Eugene’s imaginary baseball game in the opening of Act I?
4. Who is the Broadway producer that Nora says came to her dance class in Act I?
5. Eugene claims that his grandfather died from what in Act I?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)