|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the letter that Blanche receives in Act II, Eugene says, “It was a sad letter, all right, but it sure was well written. Maybe I should have been born” where?
(a) In Spain
(b) In Ireland
(c) In the South
(d) In Russia
2. Before he leaves in Act II, Stanley tells Eugene, “If you ever write a story about me, call me” what?
3. What actress played the role of Nora in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
(a) Gracie Bea Lawrence
(b) Jessica Hecht
(c) Jodi Thelon
(d) Elizabeth Franz
4. Where does Kate describe her parents packing up and leaving the house to come to America in Act I?
5. At what theater does Nora say she has to go to in order to audition for the Broadway musical in Act I?
(a) The Hudson Theater
(b) The Guthrie Theater
(c) The Lucille Lortel Theater
(d) The Avery Theater
Short Answer Questions
1. The letter that Blanche receives in Act II relates that Frank is hospitalized for what reason?
2. How many unseen bedrooms are described upstairs in the Jerome household in the stage directions for Act I?
3. What does Eugene say his dad was doing at nights to try to earn extra money before his health collapsed in Act II?
4. Who played the role of Kate in the original cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
5. What is Eugene’s response when his mother asks him in Act I, “What would you tell your father if he came home and I was dead on the kitchen floor?”
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)