|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the original production of Brighton Beach Memoirs premiere on Broadway?
(a) September 12, 1984
(b) June 16, 1982
(c) March 13, 1985
(d) March 27, 1983
2. In what area of the stage is the entrance to the Jerome house in the stage directions for Act I?
(a) Stage Left
(b) Stage Right
3. Jack says to Blanche when she and Kate are fighting in Act II, “Tell her what it’s like to live in a house that isn’t yours. To have to depend on somebody else to put food on your plate every night. I know what it’s like because I lived that way until I was” how old?
(a) Eighteen years old
(b) Twenty-one years old
(c) Thirty-one years old
(d) Twenty-three years old
4. What kind of sneakers is Eugene described as wearing when his character is introduced in Act I?
5. How did Stanley lose his salary in Act II?
(a) Playing gin-rummy
(b) Playing blackjack
(c) Playing roulette
(d) Playing poker
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say she’s never done before in her life and “why should I start with my own family” in Act I?
2. What does Eugene say his dad was doing at nights to try to earn extra money before his health collapsed in Act II?
3. When Stanley returns home at the end of Act II, Eugene tells him, “Mom’s in the kitchen cooking. Pop’s upstairs with his prayer book. They figured if God didn’t bring you home, maybe” what would?
4. What is Kate carrying in Act I when she walks out of the kitchen and says to Eugene, “On my kitchen floor? Do you want me dead, is that what you want”?
5. Kate describes the Murphy family across the street as belonging to what group in Act I?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)