|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Stanley lose his salary in Act II?
(a) Playing gin-rummy
(b) Playing blackjack
(c) Playing roulette
(d) Playing poker
2. How many unseen bedrooms are described upstairs in the Jerome household in the stage directions for Act I?
3. Stanley makes Eugene promise him that he’ll do what in the future in Act II?
(a) Join the Air Force
(b) Join the Marines
(c) Get married
(d) Go to college
4. Eugene claims that his grandfather died from what in Act I?
5. Due to Jack’s health, Jack and Kate are unable to go to an affair to see who with his orchestra in Act II?
(a) Roger Waters
(b) Glen Gray
(c) James Taylor
(d) Lawrence Welk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate tell Eugene to place at the dinner table when she tells him to stop playing baseball in the beginning of Act I?
2. Of what does Jack tell Kate he was “born with enough… If I need more, I’ll ask you” in Act II?
3. Who complains of a splitting headache as Eugene plays imaginary baseball in the beginning of Act I?
4. How much time passes between Acts I and II of Brighton Beach Memoirs?
5. What woman does Kate act jealous about because Jack danced with her once two years ago at the Commodore Hotel in Act II?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)