• Brighton Beach Memoirs opens in September, 1937, in the Jerome household in a lower middle class neighborhood in Brighton Beach, New York.
• The play opens at about 6:30 p.m. and 14-year-old Eugene Morris Jerome is playing a semi-imaginary game of baseball outside.
• As his ball hits the house, Eugene's aunt, Blanche Morton, gets a headache, and Eugene's mother Kate yells at her son to stop the game and come inside.
• Eugene tells the audience that he wants to play professional baseball or be a writer.
• In his room, Eugene tells the audience that his Aunt Blanche and his two cousins, Nora and Laurie, live with his family because Blanche's husband died of cancer six years ago.
• Eugene's father, Jack, has worked two jobs to support everyone for three and a half years.
• As Eugene sets the table, 16-year-old Nora comes in and is very excited because she...
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)