|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the narrator's proofs?
(a) The proofs have been stolen.
(b) The proofs have been corrected by Megan.
(c) The proofs have been sent to the Druid's office.
(d) The proofs have been sent to Typesetting.
2. How old is the narrator?
3. What suit does the narrator take against Amanda?
(a) Irreconcilable differences.
(b) Grand larceny.
(d) Sexual abandonment.
4. Does the narrator enjoy dancing with Elaine?
(a) No, he does not find her attractive or interesting.
(b) Yes, she is a beautiful model and a great person.
(c) Yes, he loves her dance steps and her hard-edged look.
(d) No, she is a horrible dancer and steps on his feet.
5. Who is The Druid?
(a) He is a ghost of a man who has been working on an article for seven years.
(b) He is the fourth man to head the company.
(c) He is an often-encountered man on the subway.
(d) He is the narrator's direct superior, nicknamed Clingfast.
6. Who does the narrator encounter at the club?
(a) Amanda, the ex-wife.
(b) Elaine, a model from Amanda's agency.
(c) Clara Tillinghast, his boss.
(d) Megan Avery, his co-worker.
7. Who is the narrator's direct supervisor?
(a) Megan Avery.
(c) Clara Tillinghast.
(d) Yasu Wade.
8. About whom does the narrator dream that night?
(c) Coma baby.
(d) His mother.
9. Whose picture does the narrator see on Rittenhouse's paper?
(a) Amanda's picture.
(b) His own picture.
(c) His mother's picture.
(d) Megan Avery's picture.
10. How do the narrator's coworkers react after his deadline is changed?
(a) They are ecstatic and want to see him fired.
(b) They are angry and shun him.
(c) They are sympathetic and want to help him.
(d) They are horrified and boycott the company.
11. How does the narrator get the girl to dance with him longer after she's said she is tired?
(a) He pays the DJ to play better songs.
(b) He offers her drugs which she gladly takes.
(c) He threatens her with bodily harm.
(d) He gives her a rose and tells her she is beautiful.
12. Why does the narrator like Tad Allagash?
(a) Allagash is helping the narrator win back Amanda, the love of his life.
(b) He and Allagash have been through a lot of tough times together.
(c) Allagash never asks him probing questions: their friendship is very surface.
(d) He and Allagash have been friends since childhood.
13. Where do Tad and the narrator go to party?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) The Smith.
14. After what duration of time did the narrator and Amanda move in together?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
15. Where will the narrator shop for his eventual girlfriend/wife?
(c) Discount Jewelers Plus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letters does the girl particularly like?
2. What memo, signed by the Druid's assistant, arrives in the afternoon?
3. What two feelings is the narrator torn between when he discovers his proofs are gone?
4. What does the narrator purchase on his lunch break?
5. Who does the narrator see on the West Side Highway?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)