|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, O Couture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator hope to meet in the club?
(a) His ex-wife Amanda.
(b) A movie star.
(c) The co-worker of his dreams, Clara Tillinghast.
(d) The kind of girl who would not be in a place like that.
2. Who is The Druid?
(a) He is the fourth man to head the company.
(b) He is the narrator's direct superior, nicknamed Clingfast.
(c) He is a ghost of a man who has been working on an article for seven years.
(d) He is an often-encountered man on the subway.
3. What kind of cigarettes does Dolly smoke?
4. What heath ailment does Wade knowingly joke about with the narrator?
(a) The narrator's sinus infection.
(b) The narrator's influenza.
(c) The narrator's ear infection.
(d) The narrator's strep throat.
5. Why does the narrator decide to go in to work?
(a) He promised Alex he would go.
(b) He cannot stand to be without the love of his life, Clara.
(c) He loves his job and the office.
(d) His job is unfinished and he does not want to put pressure on his colleagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Wade want on the narrator's epitaph?
2. How does the narrator get the girl to dance with him longer after she's said she is tired?
3. Who is the narrator's direct supervisor?
4. Why does the narrator begin to panic as the morning waxes?
5. How was the narrator's innocent advice perceived by his superiors at the magazine?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)