|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, O Couture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does stepping outside the club feel like to the narrator?
(a) A brisk morning walk.
(b) A heavenly descent.
(c) A shopping trip at Christmastime.
(d) A mother's reproach.
2. Where did the narrator first meet Amanda?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) St. Louis.
3. After what duration of time did the narrator and Amanda move in together?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
4. What kind of guy does the narrator see himself as?
(a) The kind of guy who runs marathons for fun.
(b) The kind of guy who enjoys facts and spurns fiction.
(c) The kind of guy who is the life of the party.
(d) The kind of guy who appreciates a night a home with a good book.
5. How does the narrator feel about his childhood?
(a) He feels he had a very normal, average childhood.
(b) He is not really affected by his past one way or the other.
(c) He felt loved and treasured, easily making friends.
(d) He felt he was always on the outside looking in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Walter Tyler give the narrator?
2. Who has called in sick to the office?
3. Why did Amanda become a model?
4. Of what do Elaine's dance moves remind the narrator?
5. Why is Amanda embarrassed for the narrator to meet her mother, Dolly?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)