|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The Utility of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to work, what poster does the narrator see?
(a) A concert poster.
(b) A Wanted poster.
(c) A Missing Person poster.
(d) A kids' show poster.
2. What scent does the narrator catch on Bleecker street?
(a) Coffee from open windows of an apartment building.
(b) A dumpster.
(c) Fresh fish.
(d) An Italian bakery.
3. Who is The Druid?
(a) He is the fourth man to head the company.
(b) He is the narrator's direct superior, nicknamed Clingfast.
(c) He is an often-encountered man on the subway.
(d) He is a ghost of a man who has been working on an article for seven years.
4. How does the narrator react when Rich asks him about Amanda?
(a) He opens up to Rich about his painful experiences.
(b) He makes up a story about her death as an activist.
(c) He bursts into tears and faints, ending up in the hospital.
(d) He punches Rich in the face and is arrested.
5. What letters does the girl particularly like?
(a) The letters "D" and "L."
(b) The letters "P" and "A."
(c) The letters "L"and "M."
(d) The letters "W" and "Q."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator's most significant contact with The Druid?
2. What kind of ship does the narrator watch make its way across the river?
3. Who does the narrator encounter at the club?
4. Upon his discovery, what phrase does the narrator blurt out?
5. Who does the narrator encounter at the second club?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)