|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The Utility of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator hope to meet in the club?
(a) The kind of girl who would not be in a place like that.
(b) His ex-wife Amanda.
(c) The co-worker of his dreams, Clara Tillinghast.
(d) A movie star.
2. Who does the narrator encounter at the club?
(a) Megan Avery, his co-worker.
(b) Amanda, the ex-wife.
(c) Elaine, a model from Amanda's agency.
(d) Clara Tillinghast, his boss.
3. How does the narrator convince himself to stay out with Tad instead of just going home?
(a) The narrator just wants a pick-me-up, then will leave for home.
(b) The narrator tells himself Tad has never let him down.
(c) The narrator tells himself he will find another woman to love if he stays out.
(d) The narrator knows he has a serious addiction and needs the drugs.
4. What is the narrator's nickname for cocaine?
(a) Powdered Sugar.
(b) Damage Control.
(c) Bolivian Marching Powder.
(d) Clubbing Powder.
5. Who does the narrator encounter at the second club?
(a) Megan Avery, his coworker.
(b) Rich Vanier, a former classmate.
(c) Michael, his brother.
(d) Vicky, Tad's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator see on the West Side Highway?
2. In which department would the narrator rather be working?
3. What does the narrator purchase on his lunch break?
4. What kind of ship does the narrator watch make its way across the river?
5. How does the narrator feel about his childhood?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)