|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Sometimes a Vague Notion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Megan say was found in the mail room?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A mink.
(d) An iguana.
2. Why does the narrator like Tad Allagash?
(a) He and Allagash have been friends since childhood.
(b) Allagash never asks him probing questions: their friendship is very surface.
(c) He and Allagash have been through a lot of tough times together.
(d) Allagash is helping the narrator win back Amanda, the love of his life.
3. How was the narrator's innocent advice perceived by his superiors at the magazine?
(a) They promptly fired him and he has been on the job market ever since.
(b) They were completely outraged at his presumption.
(c) There never found out that he did it.
(d) They were in awe and immediately promoted him.
4. Why has Tad insisted on making up stories about Amanda and the narrator's separation?
(a) He is trying to help the narrator get more girls.
(b) He is hoping he will meet the love of his love through the narrator's tragedy.
(c) He honestly thinks Amanda was an activist in South America.
(d) He is completely clueless about how their relationship ended.
5. What have they resolved to leave in Clara's office?
(a) Fred, the ferret.
(b) A bunch of balloons.
(c) A large pile of cocaine.
(d) Rolls and rolls of toilet paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Megan go to eat?
2. Why does the narrator decide to go in to work?
3. What is the narrator's nickname for cocaine?
4. When the narrator dances with a girl at the club, what does she reveal she has heard about his wife?
5. Where does the narrator sit in the audience?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)