|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Linguine and Sympathy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator convince himself to stay out with Tad instead of just going home?
(a) The narrator tells himself Tad has never let him down.
(b) The narrator just wants a pick-me-up, then will leave for home.
(c) The narrator tells himself he will find another woman to love if he stays out.
(d) The narrator knows he has a serious addiction and needs the drugs.
2. Where in the mail room was the animal found?
(a) In one of the boxes.
(b) In a bag of rejected manuscripts.
(c) In the mail carrier's satchel.
(d) In a cabinet door that was ajar.
3. What plans with Megan has the narrator forgotten?
(a) He has forgotten their elopement.
(b) He has forgotten their lunch date.
(c) He has forgotten their dinner reservation.
(d) He has forgotten their movie night.
4. What does he discover upon a search of the Ladies' room?
(a) Amanda and Tad Allagash snorting coke.
(b) Theresa and Elaine in an embrace.
(c) Tad Allagash and Elaine in an embrace.
(d) Megan Avery and Theresa in conversation.
5. How many siblings does Vicky have?
(b) Two brothers.
(c) Three sisters.
(d) Two sisters and a brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Do the narrator and Vicky get along?
2. How do the narrator's coworkers react after his deadline is changed?
3. What mood is the narrator in as he goes to bed after the date?
4. To what does the narrator compare Vicky's childhood?
5. What does the narrator attempt to sit and write about?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)