|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Linguine and Sympathy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the archivist in the library?
(b) Megan Avery.
2. How do the narrator's coworkers react after his deadline is changed?
(a) They are angry and shun him.
(b) They are horrified and boycott the company.
(c) They are sympathetic and want to help him.
(d) They are ecstatic and want to see him fired.
3. When Elaine leaves for the restroom, what does the narrator suspect?
(a) He thinks Elaine is in love with him and arranging for them to leave.
(b) He is afraid they have all planned to leave without him.
(c) He thinks she has seen Amanda.
(d) He suspects Allagash has drugged Elaine and put her in the trunk of a car.
4. What kind of guy does the narrator see himself as?
(a) The kind of guy who appreciates a night a home with a good book.
(b) The kind of guy who enjoys facts and spurns fiction.
(c) The kind of guy who runs marathons for fun.
(d) The kind of guy who is the life of the party.
5. Who does the narrator encounter at the second club?
(a) Michael, his brother.
(b) Vicky, Tad's cousin.
(c) Megan Avery, his coworker.
(d) Rich Vanier, a former classmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Megan live with her family?
2. What career has the narrator always wanted?
3. What item seen in the window of an antique shop does Vicky want in her house someday?
4. What relationship of Megan's surprises the narrator?
5. What street performer do Vicky and the narrator watch at Sheridan Square?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)