|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Linguine and Sympathy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elaine leaves for the restroom, what does the narrator suspect?
(a) He is afraid they have all planned to leave without him.
(b) He suspects Allagash has drugged Elaine and put her in the trunk of a car.
(c) He thinks she has seen Amanda.
(d) He thinks Elaine is in love with him and arranging for them to leave.
2. What does the narrator give to Megan?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) A picture of Amanda.
(c) A snort of cocaine.
(d) The keys to his apartment.
3. Does the narrator enjoy dancing with Elaine?
(a) No, she is a horrible dancer and steps on his feet.
(b) No, he does not find her attractive or interesting.
(c) Yes, she is a beautiful model and a great person.
(d) Yes, he loves her dance steps and her hard-edged look.
4. What relationship of Megan's surprises the narrator?
(a) She is actually married.
(b) She lives with her mother.
(c) She has a daughter.
(d) She has a son.
5. What kind of guy does the narrator see himself as?
(a) The kind of guy who is the life of the party.
(b) The kind of guy who enjoys facts and spurns fiction.
(c) The kind of guy who runs marathons for fun.
(d) The kind of guy who appreciates a night a home with a good book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers the narrator a reference when he returns to the office?
2. How does the narrator convince himself to stay out with Tad instead of just going home?
3. Where does the narrator call from an empty office on the thirtieth floor?
4. What does the narrator discover in an envelope in his desk?
5. According to Megan, what was the only coherent thing Alex said when he was discovered?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)