|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Linguine and Sympathy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans with Megan has the narrator forgotten?
(a) He has forgotten their elopement.
(b) He has forgotten their movie night.
(c) He has forgotten their dinner reservation.
(d) He has forgotten their lunch date.
2. To what does the narrator compare Vicky's childhood?
3. What mood is the narrator in as he goes to bed after the date?
(a) He is miserable, like always.
(b) He is confused and angry about his feelings for Vicky.
(c) For the first time in a while he is happy.
(d) He is indifferent, dreading the confrontation with Tillinghast.
4. Why has Tad insisted on making up stories about Amanda and the narrator's separation?
(a) He is hoping he will meet the love of his love through the narrator's tragedy.
(b) He honestly thinks Amanda was an activist in South America.
(c) He is trying to help the narrator get more girls.
(d) He is completely clueless about how their relationship ended.
5. What item seen in the window of an antique shop does Vicky want in her house someday?
(a) A pool table.
(b) A painted wooden carousel horse.
(c) A big screen TV.
(d) An antique roll top writing desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator call from an empty office on the thirtieth floor?
2. Do the narrator and Vicky get along?
3. What does the narrator give to Megan?
4. When Elaine leaves for the restroom, what does the narrator suspect?
5. Where in the mail room was the animal found?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)