|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where did Francisco's family return to Mexico?
2. In Chapter 9, how many pairs of socks did Francisco have to wear with the tennis shoes he got at the end of the chapter?
3. In Chapter 10, what did Mike Nevel offer to Pay Roberto and Francisco to clean in the evenings?
4. In Chapter 8, what year would Francisco graduate from high school?
5. In Chapter 4, where did Francisco put the bust he received from his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did Roberto, Francisco, and Papa get paid for working for Ito, and why did Papa get more money?
2. In Chapter 5, what happened when Francisco's father tried to be a sharecropper?
3. How did Francisco and Roberto learn to dance in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 10, why did the family fall behind on their rent payments?
5. In Chapter 2, what did Francisco miss when he and Roberto were alone in their house without their family?
6. In Chapter 5, what did Francisco do to deal with the boredom of picking strawberries?
7. In Chapter 2, how did Roberto lose and then get his janitor job back?
8. In Chapter 9, how did Francisco get athlete's foot?
9. In Chapter 4, what did Roberto and Francisco do to get the house ready for their family?
10. In Chapter 3, why did Francisco sometimes have the honor of sitting in the first seat in the first row of Mr. Milo's class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Jimenez family immigrated to the United States illegally, but later got their green cards. How did emigrating affect the lives of family members? How did it affect the goals they made?
Essay Topic 2
From the children to the grownups, the Jimenez family worked from early morning to evening. What type of work did family members do? Why did they have to work so hard? What was communicated about hard work through their experiences.
Essay Topic 3
Francisco named the chapters in his book. Did the chapter titles reveal what was going to happen in a chapter? Would the chapter titles be considered spoilers?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)