|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say poisoned him?
2. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
3. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
4. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
5. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the use of conditioning in your own life in comparison to how it is used in the novel. Use both personal experiences and specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail, with examples from the text, a Solidarity Service.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how many of the characters of this novel are as imprisoned as the savages are on the reservation.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)