|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
2. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
3. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
4. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
5. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing in what way John's whipping is a sign of his wanting to repent. Include in your essay what John is repenting for as well as specific examples to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing why consumption is an important value in this novel. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)