|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
2. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
3. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
4. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
5. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John begin whipping himself?
2. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
3. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
4. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
5. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
6. How do the people who listen to Bernard's ideas on the flaws in society feel about his ideas?
7. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
8. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
9. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
10. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how many of the characters of this novel are as imprisoned as the savages are on the reservation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe, using specific examples from the novel, how the character of Bernard could be described accurately as a coward.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the use of conditioning in your own life in comparison to how it is used in the novel. Use both personal experiences and specific examples from the text.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)