|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
2. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
3. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
4. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
5. What does John talk about which horrifies Lenina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people who listen to Bernard's ideas on the flaws in society feel about his ideas?
2. Why does Linda call John Pope?
3. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
4. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
5. Why does John begin whipping himself?
6. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
7. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
8. Why does the crowd begin to mimic John's whipping gestures toward each other?
9. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
10. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the Solidarity Service to a religious service. Use examples from the text and your own personal experience.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how emotions of the characters are a critical component of the development of the story and scenes within the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your description.
Essay Topic 3
Write a essay describing John's views on sexual values. Include in your essay the basis of John's values when he first arrives in the civilization and how this changes throughout the novel.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)