|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
2. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
3. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
4. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
5. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
2. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
3. Why does John begin whipping himself?
4. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
5. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
6. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
7. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
8. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
9. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
10. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the Solidarity Service to a religious service. Use examples from the text and your own personal experience.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing why consumption is an important value in this novel. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)