|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
2. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
3. In what name did John throw out the soma?
4. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
5. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the use of conditioning in your own life in comparison to how it is used in the novel. Use both personal experiences and specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the division of the classes throughout the novel. Use examples from the text and make a judgment of the benefits and detractions of this type of divided class system.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay, using information from the text and from your own personal experience, to address the statement posed by the controller that without misery, there is no need for religion, which is just another moral conditioning program.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)