|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
2. Which of the following is an average range of embryos which develop from one egg?
3. What does Bokanovsky's process create?
4. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
5. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
2. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
3. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
4. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
5. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
6. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
7. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
8. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
9. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
10. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, using specific examples from the novel, how the character of Bernard could be described accurately as a coward.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail, with examples from the text, in what ways and manner Helmholtz has sacrificed himself personally and how he changes that throughout the novel.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)