|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is passed around as they say, " I drink to my annihilation" at the Solidarity Service?
2. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
3. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
4. How many tablets of soma does Lenina take before going to bed?
5. Of what caste level was the girl who the director took to the savage reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
2. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
3. What does the Director say the babies will develop as related to flowers and books?
4. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
5. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
6. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
7. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
8. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
9. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
10. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
Essay Topic 1
Write a essay describing John's views on sexual values. Include in your essay the basis of John's values when he first arrives in the civilization and how this changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Bernard must have felt when he was able to trump the director's ploy to make a public example of Bernard. Use specific examples from the story to support your supposition.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)