|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
2. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
3. Why has the doctor suggested a pregnancy substitute for Fanny?
4. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
5. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
2. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
3. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
4. Why does Mustapha Monda agree to Bernard's plan?
5. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
6. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
7. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
8. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
9. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
10. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how emotions of the characters are a critical component of the development of the story and scenes within the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your description.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail how this novel is an example of a dystopia. Use specific examples from the novel to support your description.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing why consumption is an important value in this novel. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)