|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the first T-Model was put on the market was hypnopaedia discovered?
2. Which word(s) best describes how John feels on the reservation?
3. Where is the savage reservation located?
4. What did Lenina hear one night when she awoke as a child which at first shocked her?
5. Which room is located on the ground floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
2. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
3. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
4. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
5. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
6. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
7. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
8. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
9. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
10. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the Solidarity Service to a religious service. Use examples from the text and your own personal experience.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay, using information from the text and from your own personal experience, to address the statement posed by the controller that without misery, there is no need for religion, which is just another moral conditioning program.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail, with examples from the text, a Solidarity Service.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)