|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose books does John often read by not necessarily understand?
2. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
3. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
5. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
2. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
3. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
4. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
5. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
6. What does the Director say the babies will develop as related to flowers and books?
7. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
8. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
9. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
10. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe why an emphasis on promiscuity came to be in this novel. After your description make a judgment as to your opinion of this emphasis. Use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how many of the characters of this novel are as imprisoned as the savages are on the reservation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)