|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Suggestions from the State?
2. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
3. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
4. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
5. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
2. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
3. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
4. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
5. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
6. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
7. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
8. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
9. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
10. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, using specific examples from the novel, how the character of Bernard could be described accurately as a coward.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing why consumption is an important value in this novel. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)