|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
2. What makes John rush outside after watching Lenina sleep for awhile?
3. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
4. What does Bernard have every other Thursday?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
2. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
3. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
4. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
5. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
6. Why does Mustapha Monda agree to Bernard's plan?
7. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
8. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
9. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
10. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe why an emphasis on promiscuity came to be in this novel. After your description make a judgment as to your opinion of this emphasis. Use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how many of the characters of this novel are as imprisoned as the savages are on the reservation.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)