|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
2. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
3. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
4. What is served with the coffee when Lenina and Henry eat in the dining hall?
5. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
2. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
3. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
4. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
5. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
6. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
7. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
8. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
9. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
10. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond in writing using information from the text and your own personal experiences to answer which is the greater good: pursuit of truth or the good of the society.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the division of the classes throughout the novel. Use examples from the text and make a judgment of the benefits and detractions of this type of divided class system.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how emotions of the characters are a critical component of the development of the story and scenes within the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your description.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)