|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
2. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
3. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
4. What is body mass been conditioned to represent?
5. Whose books does John often read by not necessarily understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
2. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
3. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
4. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
5. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
6. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
7. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
8. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
9. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
10. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond in writing using information from the text and your own personal experiences to answer which is the greater good: pursuit of truth or the good of the society.
Essay Topic 2
Describe why an emphasis on promiscuity came to be in this novel. After your description make a judgment as to your opinion of this emphasis. Use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing why consumption is an important value in this novel. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)