|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is recovered from every corpse?
2. What does Bernard have every other Thursday?
3. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
4. What does Bokanovsky's process create?
5. What does John think has happened when he goes to the rest house and no one answers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
2. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
3. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
4. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
5. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
6. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
7. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
8. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
9. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
10. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond in writing using information from the text and your own personal experiences to answer which is the greater good: pursuit of truth or the good of the society.
Essay Topic 2
Describe why an emphasis on promiscuity came to be in this novel. After your description make a judgment as to your opinion of this emphasis. Use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the Solidarity Service to a religious service. Use examples from the text and your own personal experience.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)