|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
2. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
3. Which room is located on the ground floor?
4. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
2. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
3. Why does Linda call John Pope?
4. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
5. Why is it difficult for the students to imagine what it is like to live with one's family?
6. What does the Director say the babies will develop as related to flowers and books?
7. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
8. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
9. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
10. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay, using information from the text and from your own personal experience, to address the statement posed by the controller that without misery, there is no need for religion, which is just another moral conditioning program.
Essay Topic 2
Describe why an emphasis on promiscuity came to be in this novel. After your description make a judgment as to your opinion of this emphasis. Use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the Solidarity Service to a religious service. Use examples from the text and your own personal experience.
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)