|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents people in the civilization from having children?
2. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
3. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
4. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
5. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
2. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
3. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
4. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
5. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
6. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
7. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
8. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
9. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
10. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
Essay Topic 1
Write a essay describing John's views on sexual values. Include in your essay the basis of John's values when he first arrives in the civilization and how this changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
After his mother dies, John feels unwanted and alone. Write an essay explaining how and why John feels this way. Use information and specific details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in a complete essay, using examples from the text, how the author uses foreshawdowing throughout the novel to develop the plot and content of the story.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)