|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
2. What does John's mother call the people she has been living with?
3. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
4. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
5. What indicates the change of shifts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
2. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
3. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
4. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
5. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
6. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
7. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
8. How do the people who listen to Bernard's ideas on the flaws in society feel about his ideas?
9. Why does Mustapha Monda agree to Bernard's plan?
10. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the Solidarity Service to a religious service. Use examples from the text and your own personal experience.
Essay Topic 2
Write a comparison essay comparing the characters of John and Bernard throughout the novel. Be sure to draw comparisons from all aspects of the novel as the characters change and develop throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe, using specific examples from the novel, how the character of Bernard could be described accurately as a coward.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)