|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of mass production?
2. When John was fifteen what skill was taught to him?
3. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
4. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
5. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
2. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
3. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
4. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
5. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
6. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
7. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
8. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
9. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
10. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Bernard must have felt when he was able to trump the director's ploy to make a public example of Bernard. Use specific examples from the story to support your supposition.
Essay Topic 2
Write a essay describing John's views on sexual values. Include in your essay the basis of John's values when he first arrives in the civilization and how this changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how many of the characters of this novel are as imprisoned as the savages are on the reservation.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)