|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His Linda
(c) His wife
(d) His lover
2. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
3. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(a) Well Off
4. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
(d) Soma vapor
5. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to return to the reservation
(b) The right to die
(c) The right to be loved
(d) The right to be unhappy
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John move?
2. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
3. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
4. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
5. How does John die?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
2. Why does Linda call John Pope?
3. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
4. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
5. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
6. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
7. How do the people who listen to Bernard's ideas on the flaws in society feel about his ideas?
8. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
9. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
10. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)