|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to die
(b) The right to return to the reservation
(c) The right to be unhappy
(d) The right to be loved
2. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
(a) Anti-violent conditioning speeches
(d) Violent passion surrogate
3. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He wants him to work in the controller's office
(b) He wants to go on with the experiment
(c) He wants to return to the reservation
(d) He has other plans for John
4. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
5. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
(a) Boxes one of the twin's ears
(c) Destroys all of the civilization's death-conditioning
(d) Has sex with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
2. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
3. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
4. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
5. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
2. Why does the crowd begin to mimic John's whipping gestures toward each other?
3. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
4. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
5. Why does Linda call John Pope?
6. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
7. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
8. Why does John begin whipping himself?
9. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
10. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)