|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
2. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
(a) He made her have a baby
(b) He loved her
(c) She loved him
(d) He is her only one
3. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
4. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
(a) He rushes out of the room
(b) He yells at Bernard
(c) He denies everything
(d) He attacks Bernard
5. What does John say poisoned him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
2. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
3. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
4. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
5. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
2. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
3. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
4. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
5. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
6. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
7. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
8. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
9. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
10. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)