|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do John and Lenina travel?
(d) Taxi copter
2. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
(a) The DHC
(b) Society itself
(c) An individual
(d) Henry Foster
3. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(a) Propaganda technician
(b) Great writer
4. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
(a) The creamatorium
(b) Sub-Centre far from any centre of population
(c) The savage reservation
(d) Santa Fe
5. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
2. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
3. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
4. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
5. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
2. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
3. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
4. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
5. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
6. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
7. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
8. Why does John begin whipping himself?
9. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
10. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)