|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
(b) One is important
2. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He wants to return to the reservation
(b) He wants him to work in the controller's office
(c) He wants to go on with the experiment
(d) He has other plans for John
3. In what name did John throw out the soma?
4. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
(b) World controller's office
(c) Alpha camp
5. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His lover
(b) His Linda
(c) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
2. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
3. How does John die?
4. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
5. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
2. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
3. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
4. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
5. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
6. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
7. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
8. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
9. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
10. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)