|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say poisoned him?
2. How do John and Lenina travel?
(d) Taxi copter
3. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
4. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It is the closest
(b) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
(c) It has the most high-caste workers
(d) It is where he works himself
5. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(a) Henry Foster
(d) Mustapha Mond
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
2. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
3. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
4. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
5. Where does Lenina take John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
2. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
3. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
4. Why does Linda call John Pope?
5. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
6. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
7. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
8. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
9. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
10. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)