|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He must go live with Helmholtz
(b) He cannot have them
(c) He cannot be miserable
(d) He is welcome to them
2. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
(a) The savage reservation
(b) Santa Fe
(c) The creamatorium
(d) Sub-Centre far from any centre of population
3. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Conditioning room
(c) Embryo store
(d) Fertilizing room
4. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(a) Pregnancy substitute
(b) Having John
(c) Violent passion surrogate treatment
5. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She is scared of John
(b) She did not agree to bring him back
(c) She has not slept with John
(d) Bernard did all of the work
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
2. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
3. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
4. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
5. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
2. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
3. Why does Linda call John Pope?
4. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
5. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
6. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
7. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
8. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
9. How do the people who listen to Bernard's ideas on the flaws in society feel about his ideas?
10. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)