|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
2. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(b) Universal happiness
3. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
(d) Soma induced
4. Where does Lenina take John?
(a) To the feelies
(b) To the Eton school
(c) To the helicopter factory
(d) Back to the reservation
5. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
(c) Head mistress of Eton
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
2. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
3. What does John talk about which horrifies Lenina?
4. What amazes the nurse who is caring for John's mother?
5. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the crowd begin to mimic John's whipping gestures toward each other?
2. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
3. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
4. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
5. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
6. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
7. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
8. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
9. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
10. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)