|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
2. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
(a) With chocolate eclairs
(b) With a game
(c) With flowers
(d) With a book
3. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(b) Conditioning room
(c) Fertilizing room
(d) Embryo store
4. Where does Lenina take John?
(a) Back to the reservation
(b) To the feelies
(c) To the Eton school
(d) To the helicopter factory
5. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
2. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
3. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
4. What does the director accuse Bernard of doing?
5. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
2. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
3. Why does the crowd begin to mimic John's whipping gestures toward each other?
4. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
5. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
6. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
7. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
8. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
9. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
10. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)