|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(b) Mustapha Mond
(d) Henry Foster
2. What does John talk about which horrifies Lenina?
3. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 months
(b) 1-2 weeks
(c) Unknown amount of time
(d) 1-2 years
4. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(a) Universal happiness
5. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
(a) With flowers
(b) With a book
(c) With a game
(d) With chocolate eclairs
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
2. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
3. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
4. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
5. How does John die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
2. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
3. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
4. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
5. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
6. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
7. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
8. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
9. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
10. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)