|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
2. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(a) Having John
(b) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(d) Pregnancy substitute
3. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
(a) Laughing at John's mother
(b) Being death conditioned
(c) Taunting John
(d) Making up a game to make fun of John's mother
4. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
(c) Violent passion surrogate
(d) Anti-violent conditioning speeches
5. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
(a) Takes her hostage demanding to see Bernard and Helmholtz
(b) Beats Lenina then himself
(c) Tells her to leave rapidly
(d) Invites her into his lighthouse home
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
2. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
3. In what name did John throw out the soma?
4. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
5. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
2. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
3. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
4. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
5. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
6. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
7. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
8. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
9. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
10. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)