|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(b) Drug abuse
(d) Weight loss
2. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
(a) Anti-riot speech number one
(b) Voice of reason speech number one
(c) Voice of reason speech number two
(d) Anti-riot speech number two
3. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
4. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
(a) With a book
(b) With chocolate eclairs
(c) With a game
(d) With flowers
5. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
2. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
3. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
4. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
5. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
2. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
3. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
4. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
5. Why does Linda call John Pope?
6. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
7. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
8. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
9. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
10. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)