|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(b) Because he does not like her
(c) Because he is afraid of her
(d) Because she slept with Bernard
2. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
3. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) His friendship with the savage
(b) His friendship with Bernard
(c) A lecture on the savage
(d) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
4. What do the people who come to stare at John chant they want to see?
(a) Whipping stunt
(c) Bow and arrow
5. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It is where he works himself
(b) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
(c) It is the closest
(d) It has the most high-caste workers
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
2. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
3. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
4. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
5. Where does Lenina take John?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)