|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
2. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Fertilizing room
(c) Conditioning room
(d) Embryo store
3. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 years
(b) Unknown amount of time
(c) 1-2 months
(d) 1-2 weeks
4. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
5. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
(a) Invites her into his lighthouse home
(b) Tells her to leave rapidly
(c) Beats Lenina then himself
(d) Takes her hostage demanding to see Bernard and Helmholtz
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
2. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
3. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
4. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
5. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
2. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
3. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
4. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
5. Why does Linda call John Pope?
6. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
7. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
8. How do the people who listen to Bernard's ideas on the flaws in society feel about his ideas?
9. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
10. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)