|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
2. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Throws them into the crowd
(b) Throws them out of the window
(c) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
(d) Steals them for himself
3. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
(c) Alpha camp
(d) World controller's office
4. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(b) Embryo store
(c) Conditioning room
(d) Fertilizing room
5. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
2. Which word describes how the controller felt at Bernard's suggestions about social order?
3. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
4. In what name did John throw out the soma?
5. What does John say poisoned him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
2. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
3. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
4. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
5. Why does Linda call John Pope?
6. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
7. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
8. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
9. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
10. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)