|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He wants to go on with the experiment
(b) He has other plans for John
(c) He wants him to work in the controller's office
(d) He wants to return to the reservation
2. Where does Lenina take John?
(a) To the helicopter factory
(b) Back to the reservation
(c) To the feelies
(d) To the Eton school
3. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
(c) Soma vapor
4. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
(a) Being death conditioned
(b) Laughing at John's mother
(c) Taunting John
(d) Making up a game to make fun of John's mother
5. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(b) Well Off
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
2. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
3. Where does John move?
4. What does John say poisoned him?
5. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
2. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
3. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
4. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
5. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
6. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
7. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
8. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
9. Why does Linda call John Pope?
10. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)