|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the director accuse Bernard of doing?
(a) Betraying the trust given to him
(b) Fathering a child
(c) Traveling to the Savage Reservation
(d) Obeying Our Ford alone
2. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(b) Mustapha Mond
(d) Henry Foster
3. What does John say poisoned him?
4. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(a) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(b) Having John
(d) Pregnancy substitute
5. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
2. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
3. How does John die?
4. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
5. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
2. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
3. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
4. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
5. Why does the crowd begin to mimic John's whipping gestures toward each other?
6. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
7. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
8. Why does John begin whipping himself?
9. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
10. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)