|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(a) Henry Foster
(c) Mustapha Mond
2. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
(a) Presumptuous whore
(b) Insolent strumpet
(c) Sassy woman
(d) Impudent strumpet
3. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Throws them out of the window
(b) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
(c) Steals them for himself
(d) Throws them into the crowd
4. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to return to the reservation
(b) The right to be unhappy
(c) The right to die
(d) The right to be loved
5. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
(a) He yells at Bernard
(b) He rushes out of the room
(c) He attacks Bernard
(d) He denies everything
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
2. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
3. What do the people who come to stare at John chant they want to see?
4. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
5. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
2. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
3. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
4. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
5. Why does Linda call John Pope?
6. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
7. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
8. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
9. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
10. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)