|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
(a) Tears it apart and destroys it
(b) Throws it away
(c) Locks it away
(d) Burns it
2. What do the people who come to stare at John chant they want to see?
(b) Whipping stunt
(c) Bow and arrow
3. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Throws them out of the window
(b) Throws them into the crowd
(c) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
(d) Steals them for himself
4. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
5. What happened to the DHC after John fell to his knees and called him father?
(a) He resigned
(b) He took John into his home
(c) He attacked Bernard
(d) He was promoted
Short Answer Questions
1. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
2. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
3. Who is able to, surprisingly, quote from Shakespeare?
4. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
5. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
2. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
3. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
4. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
5. How do the people who listen to Bernard's ideas on the flaws in society feel about his ideas?
6. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
7. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
8. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
9. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
10. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)