|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to be loved
(b) The right to die
(c) The right to return to the reservation
(d) The right to be unhappy
2. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
3. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
(a) Has sex with her
(b) Boxes one of the twin's ears
(c) Destroys all of the civilization's death-conditioning
4. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) Unknown amount of time
(b) 1-2 weeks
(c) 1-2 years
(d) 1-2 months
5. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
(a) Drinks a shake
(b) Takes 3 half-gramme soma tablets
(c) Takes a long bath
(d) Leaves to find Bernard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
2. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
3. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
4. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
5. Who is able to, surprisingly, quote from Shakespeare?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)