|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He wants to go on with the experiment
(b) He wants to return to the reservation
(c) He wants him to work in the controller's office
(d) He has other plans for John
2. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
(b) Island of Cypress
(c) An iceberg
(d) The human body
3. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(c) Universal happiness
4. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She is scared of John
(b) She has not slept with John
(c) Bernard did all of the work
(d) She did not agree to bring him back
5. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
(a) Tells him of how wonderful the new civilization is
(b) Tells him to leave
(c) Calls him Pope
(d) Asks him to belong to no one ever
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
2. How do John and Lenina travel?
3. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
4. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
5. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
2. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
3. What does Helmholtz do as he presses his way through the crowd?
4. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
5. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
6. Why does Linda call John Pope?
7. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
8. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
9. Why does John begin whipping himself?
10. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)