|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
2. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
3. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He cannot have them
(b) He is welcome to them
(c) He must go live with Helmholtz
(d) He cannot be miserable
4. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
(c) Head mistress of Eton
5. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
(a) Asks him to belong to no one ever
(b) Tells him of how wonderful the new civilization is
(c) Tells him to leave
(d) Calls him Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
2. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
3. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
4. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
5. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
2. What was the feelies about which Lenina and John watched together?
3. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
4. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
5. Why does John begin whipping himself?
6. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
7. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
8. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
9. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
10. How does John view everyone in the new civilization?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)