|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Fertilizing room
(b) Conditioning room
(d) Embryo store
2. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
(a) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(b) Soma treatment
(c) Reservation treatment
(d) Fertilization treatment
3. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
4. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
(b) World controller's office
(c) Alpha camp
5. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She is scared of John
(b) She did not agree to bring him back
(c) Bernard did all of the work
(d) She has not slept with John
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
2. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
3. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
4. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
5. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
2. What does the controller admit to John, Bernard and Helmholtz in relation to books?
3. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
4. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
5. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
6. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
7. Describe how the director responds to Linda and John.
8. What does the controller indicate has all of the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona without the inconveniences?
9. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
10. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)